Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

movies/tv Your favorite "Bad" films

DiscordAnarchy

Easy peasy lemon squeezy. This is for all those who love "Bad" movies. I am a huge fan of these kinds of B-flicks and here are some of my favorites:

house-movie-poster-1986-1020194531.jpg

The cover always scared me but after seeing it, I realized that this is just a really bad haunted house movie. One part haunted house, one part revenge, one part vietnam movie and 100% comedy...this movie is so much fun.

• Brohoof 1

Ohh i got a lot of them

"The Reaker"

"Bubba Hotep"

"Troll 2"

"Final Fanasty Spirits Within"

"Fido"

Probably more thats just some of them

• Brohoof 1

Sometimes, I think I enjoy bad movies more than I do good. Here's some examples:

• Legion
  • Resident Evil: Afterlife
  • Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time
  • The Wizard

(edited)

I attend a roughly-every-other-night movie stream run by this guy and viewed with a bunch (average 60-80, with a handful of actively chatty regulars) of pals. We've watched some 300 or 400 movies in roughly a year or two of the stream being a thing. I have a list somewhere...

And a ton of what we watch is bad but it's that enjoyable kind of bad, whether it's just beautifully campy or incredibly riffable.

I'd say my favorite would be...Maybe "Legend of the Superheroes". It's this horredenously low-budget live-action Superfriends feature. Adam West Batman, Solomun Grundy working a gas station, a weirdly homoerotic Sinestro, supervillains on jet skis...Truly an amazing product. Not good by any common standard but a delight all the same.

But honestly, given the sheer amount of film media I end up consuming there, my favorites get shuffled all the time.

Edited by Xanatos

"Undefeatable" starring Cynthia Hothrock, the story is one of the most idiotic stories I've ever seen in the movie and the fight scenes are hilariously awful, I just can't help but appreciate it

In case you're wondering, this is the fight scene I was talking about

• Brohoof 1

Super Mario Bros. and Wild Wild West.

If you can put your inner fanboys to sleep for a while, then those movies by themselves can actually prove to be Crazy Awesome.

Super Mario Bros. could've been a legitimately decent film...If it wasn't Super Mario Bros. The basic premise is sound enough for a neat sci-fi flick.

Mine would have to be Wild Wild West and Godzilla ( 1998 ). These two types of action films are pretty bad in terms of story and such but they just make good entertaining films :)

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

I found that movie list. 421 films viewed in all.

Looking over it, I have to change my answer to either Ralph Bakshi's Lord of the Rings or Hackers. Neither is good (Bakshi's a hack and a fat greasy perverted weirdo besides)...But they're very entertaining garbage. And Bakshi's dreck is fascinating from a "What the hell? Why did he [insert bad film-making decision here]?" standpoint.

Edited by Xanatos

Probably every Asylum movie ever made, especially Sharktopus.

Of course The Room is on my list.. How can anyone not marvel at how awful (or brilliant) that film is?

But my absolute favourite bad film has to be Birdemic

That clip just says it all

(edited)

Mine would have to be Wild Wild West and Godzilla ( 1998 ). These two types of action films are pretty bad in terms of story and such but they just make good entertaining films :).

Regarding Wild Wild West, Kevin Kline and Kenneth Branagh pretty much steal the show.

As for Godzilla 1998, it has some legitimately sad (Godzilla mourning its dead babies; later, its OWN death) and tense (Godzilla's ENTIRE Roaring Rampage Of Revenge against Matthew Broderick & Co. for said baby deaths) moments.

P.S.- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XIgbPTBINhk

Edited by Anti-Villain

The room was awesome tyler parry movies to I mean there all so bad that it's good fun to watch especially the room you are tearing me apart lissa http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=yCj8sPCWfUw

The Room is highly overrated as a good bad movie. Once you've laughed at it once or twice, it's an ordeal to sit through again. And dear god, please try to learn what basic punctuation is...

(edited)

A bad movie that is so bad it's funny in every way is 'Birdemic'. I can't really say much of it except it was under budget of 10 grand and that the short movie was suppose to be a romantic/horror thing but I found it to be a comedy type of "bad" movie.

Edited by Three Wolf Moon

I know there isn't agreement on this amongst people who've seen it, but I honestly believe Birdemic was made to be bad, despite what the director or anyone else involved with the film may say. All of the decisions made in the production seem very deliberate to me - as if they kept saying, "Okay, let's do this here because it'd be the absolutely worst thing to do".

A lot of people think you can't make a film that bad on purpose - I disagree. With a little creativity, you too can suck. ;)

(edited)

Poultrygeist: Night of the chicken living dead. Oh god, this movie is just awesome. There are a few...disturbing scenes to say the least, but the whole concept is just freaking awesome. Everyone should watch this awful movie, with caution of course. It was so bad I couldn't help but laugh at most of it. 

Edited by ReverseFaller

If anyone wants an excellent "Bad" film go and watch the movie, "Hobo with a Shotgun." 

I think I like it because it was made with the intentions of being bad and corny at parts, but it tells a humorous goofy story about a Hobo doing some vigilante justice! It's really violent and gory, which is unusual for me to watch. However, all the gore just makes it more stupid.

(edited)

Nobody said Death Wish yet?

n1crh.gif

While the first one was pretty cool, the rest were awesomely bad in a cheesy 80's way. My favorite is Death Wish 3, especially the part where Charles Bronson suddenly becomes Rambo and starts gunning down hoodlums like they're hunting deer. mlp-tplotting.png

Edited by ReGen
  • Brohoof 1