Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

If the art style of Equestria Girls was anime inspired

The EverFree Pony

I know i was not the only person who was disappointed when they first saw the art style for Equestria Girls. A lot of the community calmed down when we found out that they would not have wings and ears for no reason (even thought they gained them for a short time). But many including myself still dislike or even hate it for one reason mainly they resemble the bratz dolls or barbie dolls that give little girls a bad idea of what beauty is. I would agree plus there are so many cool fan art pictures of the mane 6 as humans. Why not take a look at a few of them hasbro huh its not like someone is going to be mad at you for using there art style they don't own the rights to it. As for myself I would have loved a anime style other than the eyes its not impossible to get the many shapes of body there are in anime plus they just look better. Just imagine helping twilight win the crown in anime form huh epic right:) any ways post your art of the human mane six in anime form here and let me know what you think about the art style they used in Equestria Girls and tell us if you have a art style you think would work even better.

This is my favorite mlp anime picture :wub:

post-17818-0-98153300-1374209212.jpg

I agree that the art style wasn't the best and pretty unappealing at first.

However for some strange reason watching the movie made it more tolerable, I dunno why.

They'd have been weird with wings and horns the entire time though.

But the art style in the end actually didn't bother me much.

I was one of the few who actually liked the art style of Equestria Girls.

It wasn't perfect, and could have been much more, but it was nice and stayed fairly true to the actual show's art style just without some of the polish and quality. Like I said, it could of been more, but that doesn't mean it wasn't good.

As for anime, that would be interesting, but I don't think it would work for Equestria Girls. It just seems...odd to me. I don't know, but it just doesn't feel right. It would be interesting for sure though.

• Brohoof 2

I don't know how anime would give little girls a better ideal of beauty image when it's really the same like Bratz, and barbies, They all have unrealistic proportions, and also a lot of anime depiction on the female form is targeted at heterosexual males and tends to be way over sexualised.

If anything from anime/manga Shojo style like Super Gals would be a good for Equestria Girls.

I think one of my biggest complaints for me and since I'm into fashion and love how clothing tells a story about each character, is that I felt the style of dress Rarity wore in Equestria Girls was so not something she would be even caught dead in! Also She would have never worn a short dress to a dance like that!

The art style might have not been perfect in Equestria Girls but, I guess if they added a anime art style it would probably be more presentable but I don't know if the young kids in the theaters would not be able to recognize or understand the art style.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

At first I was really indifferent to the artstyle, and then it got worse with the promotional art. But I finally started growing on me by with the trailers, and I loved it once the movie actually came

As for an anime inspired EQG, I think it could work, considering FiM itself seems to share couple tropes you see in your everyday Magic Girl anime, especially in the pilot. Though I will admit, I'd be pretty picky over what it should look like considering I've gotten used to how some humanized artists draw them(This artist in particular is my favorite)

This is my favorite mlp anime picture :wub:

post-17818-0-98153300-1374209212.jpg

dat Rarity

Edited by Megas75
  • Brohoof 1

I was one of the few who actually liked the art style of Equestria Girls.

It wasn't perfect, and could have been much more, but it was nice and stayed fairly true to the actual show's art style just without some of the polish and quality. Like I said, it could of been more, but that doesn't mean it wasn't good.

As for anime, that would be interesting, but I don't think it would work for Equestria Girls. It just seems...odd to me. I don't know, but it just doesn't feel right. It would be interesting for sure though.

i know it feel out of place but i grew up on things like naruto,dbz and more so that's what I see as good art plus a lot of the time it makes the facial expressions priceless and and the effects would be much more detailed its more like a want:)

i know it feel out of place but i grew up on things like naruto,dbz and more so that's what I see as good art plus a lot of the time it makes the facial expressions priceless and and the effects would be much more detailed its more like a want:)

Oh, please don't think I meant I disliked the anime style in my post. :)

I haven't really grew up with anime, but I have seen some very beautiful anime shows, and I can see what you mean by "good art." They have great effects, and the expressions are wonderful, but to me; I just don't think it would work for MLP. I don't know; I could be wrong, but oh well.

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

I don't know how anime would give little girls a better ideal of beauty image when it's really the same like Bratz, and barbies, They all have unrealistic proportions, and also a lot of anime depiction on the female form is targeted at heterosexual males and tends to be way over sexualised.

If anything from anime/manga Shojo style like Super Gals would be a good for Equestria Girls.

I think one of my biggest complaints for me and since I'm into fashion and love how clothing tells a story about each character, is that I felt the style of dress Rarity wore in Equestria Girls was so not something she would be even caught dead in! Also She would have never worn a short dress to a dance like that!

I do understand that a big portion of anime tend to show girls with big boobs but a lot of them who do normaly have a flat chest girl in there show as well that is loved even more most of the time then the over sexuality for the character personally:) such as nagato from the melancholy of haruhi suzumiya. And not all anime make that a big point like lucky star or naruto and don't say there the same bratz doll have a hour glass figure as do babies anime almost never dose that the girls in anime don't look like there starving many to near all show boys and girls who eat and eat insane amounts of food then go on adventures to work it off:) but the main reason I wanted it to be anime was for the eyes it makes them look better :)

post-17818-0-17661000-1374214300_thumb.jpg

Edited by The EverFree Pony
  • Brohoof 1

Yes, if the art in EG was more anime-style, it would be a lot more presentable. But to be fair, how consistent would it be? From what I've seen (as I haven't watched the movie), I appreciate how the characters look in their human forms because it's more in line with the style used for their original forms. If Rarity suddenly looked like Rukino Saki and Twilight was the Equestrian carbon copy of Sera Noona, I'm pretty certain I wouldn't be the only one thrown almost completely out of the loop.

• Brohoof 2

The art style might have not been perfect in Equestria Girls but, I guess if they added a anime art style it would probably be more presentable but I don't know if the young kids in the theaters would not be able to recognize or understand the art style.

Well to be fair at there age they don't know much about art so there open to new kinds I mean when I was growing up pokemon came out it was an anime but we did'nt know that we loved it for being cool,cute,and beautiful we love ash misty and brock all who were great role models for us until years later in when down hill with the plot I cryed for weeks LOL. The point is if fluttershy say yay in anime they will love it just as much:)

post-17818-0-95541000-1374214466_thumb.jpg

• Brohoof 1

I like anime as much as the next guy, in fact I'm rather a fan, but I don't know if I'd have liked it in Equestria Girls. It'd just feel out of place to me, somehow.

I really enjoyed the art style they did use. It flowed well, and made me think of the cartoons I used to watch as a kid.

• Brohoof 2

At first I was really indifferent to the artstyle, and then it got worse with the promotional art. But I finally started growing on me by with the trailers, and I loved it once the movie actually came

As for an anime inspired EQG, I think it could work, considering FiM itself seems to share couple tropes you see in your everyday Magic Girl anime, especially in the pilot. Though I will admit, I'd be pretty picky over what it should look like considering I've gotten used to how some humanized artists draw them(This artist in particular is my favorite)

dat Rarity

i know what you mean anime makes the characters come more alive to me and am sure we all are picky how are fav characters look. But just about any anime art form would make this anime 20% cooler for me but i can respect you like the movies art style friend:) here's a pinkie pie for a that cool art you showed me:D

post-17818-0-22599500-1374214919_thumb.jpg

But in all honesty, I think Trinityinyang's style would have been perftect. If you haven't seen his stuff I highly recomend you check out his DA page.

attachicon.gifcwas__we_have_to_get_to_the_elements_of_harmony_by_trinityinyang-d62dpcn.png

http://trinityinyang.deviantart.com/

I would've loved that style, it's not too cute and innocent as anime is.

Really sucks that they only used one animation template for the entire movie. It would've been really neat is when Twiley made the transition from Equestria to Earth that the art style took a complete turn. Replacing pastel colored ponies with normal looking animated humans. Nice contrast if you ask me.

• Brohoof 2

Yes, if the art in EG was more anime-style, it would be a lot more presentable. But to be fair, how consistent would it be? From what I've seen (as I haven't watched the movie), I appreciate how the characters look in their human forms because it's more in line with the style used for their original forms. If Rarity suddenly looked like Rukino Saki and Twilight was the Equestrian carbon copy of Sera Noona, I'm pretty certain I wouldn't be the only one thrown almost completely out of the loop.

I understand what you mean man but there are anime styles that could keep close to mlp's roots and bear in mind this is a different universe they can look as they want and some shows that have done this have done it well not with anime but different art styles no less. Like this picture showing the fairly odd parents jimmy neutron crossover when the entered each others universe there art styles do a 180 from 3d to 2d and the how they were draw and boy was it cool I kinda wish they did the same thing with mlp but with a anime like style:)

post-17818-0-14478700-1374216423.jpg

Though I would like it and  do think that an anime sort of art style would be interesting to see, I dont think it would suit the type of atmosphere of EQG gives off very well. I my self don't particularly like the current art style it has but, it does seem more suitable how ever, a little bit more polish would be nice to see.

• Brohoof 1

I like anime as much as the next guy, in fact I'm rather a fan, but I don't know if I'd have liked it in Equestria Girls. It'd just feel out of place to me, somehow.

I really enjoyed the art style they did use. It flowed well, and made me think of the cartoons I used to watch as a kid.

Well i did like the movie but even so they feel a lot like bratz to me idk i would be happy if there was a anime fusion like theses pic's a guy on the thread showed me it dose not by no means need to ditch its mlp roots there are anime style that could fit it well:)

I really like how this guy (Mauroz) uses the belts for their tails.

attachicon.gifmagical_summer_by_mauroz-d653utq.png

But in all honesty, I think Trinityinyang's style would have been perftect. If you haven't seen his stuff I highly recomend you check out his DA page.

attachicon.gifcwas__we_have_to_get_to_the_elements_of_harmony_by_trinityinyang-d62dpcn.png

http://trinityinyang.deviantart.com/

wow that you man so many people are unsure about anime as a art style for mlp you made my day with thease pic's thank you alot anime forever:) you get a hug

I like anime, but as others said, I don't think it would really fit in. It would be cool if it was a mix of them two. I found a picture which is kinda like that.

img-1667341-1-6o1s9k.jpg

what i meant by anime is a bit vag there always a feeling when its anime inspired and don't mind if they are not regular anime its would be cool to fuse the mlp style and anime togther thats what i wanted o well i like this pic thank you:)

post-17818-0-48694400-1374217095.png

post-17818-0-35719300-1374217510_thumb.png

• Brohoof 1