Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Four Best Episodes?

Moonlight

Well? I'm only asking for four here, so please don't merge it. 

I was looking through the episodes and wanted to know what you all think the four best are? Just want to rewatch them and see if they're hyped and such. :P

Personally, I love:

• Sweet and Elite
  • Magical Mystery Cure
  • Lesson Zero
  • Suited For Success

How about you all? :P

post-15132-0-72157200-1374553846.gif

• Brohoof 3

Hmmm. That's a toughie. 

I really like Cutie Mark Chronicles, Sisterhooves Social, Hearth's Warming Eve, Family Appreciation Day, MMMMystery on the Friendship Express, A Canterlot Wedding (Pt 2. in particular), Magical Mystery Cure..

Opps. That's more than four but I can't possibly choose only four. 

• Brohoof 1

Easy for me:

1. Green Isn't Your Color- this episode is so freakin' great, all the characters in it have awesome moments and I like the moral.

2. A Canterlot Wedding- I count both parts as one episode. There is no better 2-parter in the show, full of suspense, music, plot twists and just so many memorable moments.

3. Suited For Success- the best Rarity focused episode(I count GIYC as a dual character focused episode, which season 1 had a lot of), I really hope that she will get another episode as great as this one in the future(Sweet and Elite came close but had a few moments that hold it back for me).

4. Magic Duel- the best season 3 episode bar none, it's just so good and entertaining despite Trixie.

• Brohoof 1

My Top 4:

1. Winter Wrap Up (Twilight is my favorite character, I love the song, I love the concept of literally cleaning up Winter, the ending can be seen coming but is far from too predictable, the pacing's great, I just love it)

2. The Best Night Ever (The ending was just perfect, I just love how everything is fixed by them spending time together)

3. Ponyville Confidential (I find journalism interesting, I love how dramatic the episode can be and how it affects the whole town despite it just being a school newspaper)

4. A Canterlot Wedding Part 2 (Great song, a good fight scene in a show about ponies (that'll show the haters!), a battle won by love instead of the elements of harmony, and a beautiful wedding)

• Brohoof 2

Dang, MLP has so many great episodes in their own special light, idk if I can pick 4 :(.

Lets see.

Not going to order them because well, its hard :P.

Hurricane Fluttershy: i love Fluttershy, shes my favorite pony, and this episode is just so well made, and has a pretty sad but interesting backstory to why Fluttershy is afraid to fly. And overall its just great, i love it, i can't get that detailed without going watch it right now but i love it. Easily one of my favorites.

Cutie mark cronicles: this one i love for the backstory, I love backstory, and this episode is fullllll of it :D. And plus they are all pretty interesting, and have many opportunities for discussion. Its also well done I think overall

Suited for Success: A very well written episode, and has an awesome song in it. Funny thing is, I didn't watch this episode on my first watch of MLP, because i thought it'd be to girly(How weird to think while watching a show about ponies...) Anyways I learned not to judge a book by its cover very well from this, because after watching it I can say it was one of the better episodes in the series for sure. Its got plenty of awesome stuff, and some really cool jokes, and funny moments, and all kinds of stuff.

Magical Mystery Cure: ok i just felt like putting this on here, because like I said so many good episodes to choose from, but I felt like picking this one, because it was good for me not for the fact it has amazing writing or anything, but because of the music, ok maybe i'm biased for loving music and being a trumpet player, but I love every song from the episode (Minus Princess Twilight cometh, if that counts as a song.) and the episode still has some good moments and writing I think, even if its a bit rushed. Not to mention it opens many possablities.

Honestly I could change my mind if i wrote this list tomorrow probably, the MLP episodes are all so great for different reasons its hard to choose.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Oh man my heart burns everytime I read that all dem bronies love "A Canterlot Wedding", I mean it's great to have different opinions, but still.

Anyways this isn't the topic to talk about that episode, my top four is:

1- "It's about time". Just great. There were loads of references I liked and the voice acting was just perfect

2- "Wonderbolt Academy". With this episode Dashie passed from worst (or almost) to best. Nothing else to say

3- "A friend in deed" Made me cry during the song, was funny and Pinkie is Awezum

4-"Hurricane Fluttershy". There's excellent character development and I can relate to it.

Edited by Dark Moonlight
  • Brohoof 2

"Cutie Mark Chronicles" - I loved hearing how the Mane 6 got their cutie marks. :)

"Canterlot Wedding" - I loved the whole storyline for this. So dramatic; I loved every second.

"Suited For Success" - I just love Rarity's singing voice.

"Hurricane Fluttershy" - This was the cutest Fluttershy episode I've ever seen.

• Brohoof 1

• The Return of Harmony (I'm counting both parts as a whole episode.)
  • Keep Calm and Flutter On.
  • Ponyville Confidential

And my number one favorite: Sleepless in Ponyville. So many feels :wub:

• Brohoof 1

1. Sweet and Elite. The song steals the show.

2. Suited for Success. Hope for another build up to the finale episode.

3. Sisterhooves Social.That was one my first steps into FiM.

4. Magical Mystery Cure. Shows how the fanbase and show had grown up.

• Brohoof 1

1. Hurricane Fluttershy: Best episode of the series. By far.

2. Return of Harmony: 

Love Discord, very creative imagery, my favorite moral so far.

3. Cutie Mark Chronicles:

I am still impressed by the fact that it never feels rushed. Also gives us a lot of info on the mane 6, and it´s just a very pleasant experience   

4. Magical Mystery Cure: Great Songs, and a perfect, emotional second half.

• Brohoof 1

1. Lesson Zero- Twilight goes nuts, and it shows Big Mac being affectionate with a ragdoll.

2. A Canterlot Wedding- I like how Twilight is the only one who senses something wrong with Cadence.

3. Hurricane Fluttershy- Cutest Fluttershy episode by far.

4. Secret of My Excess- This episode is one of the most adorable Sparity episodes ever!

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

1. Return Of Harmony: The two parter that started it all, at least for me anyway. I watched them out of curiosity I had to find out if Discord was that awesome and it turns out he is.

2. Apple Family Reunion: I have loved Applejack for quite some time but until then have not been able to decide on a favorite AJ episodes because I love them all so much. But as someone who lost his father last year it really touched me in a way no other episode has. Applejack tried so hard to honor the memory of her parents, it really was one of the most touching moments of the series and baby Applejack is so adorable.

3. Bridle Gossip: This episode introduced Zecora who is one of the best characters in this show and was one of the best critques of the sheer stupidity of racism I have seen.

4. Luna Eclipsed: When I saw Luna I saw much of myself growing up, I saw someone struggling just to be included and understood but was feared hated and ridiculed. Someone who had gone through alot and became strong but who was very vulnerable.

Edited by EarthbendingProdigy
  • Brohoof 2

In no particular order

1.A dog and pony show-This is the episode that made me become a Rarity fan

2.Lesson Zero-A well done Twilight episode. I also get to see my favorite pony go absolutely crazy

3.Sweet and Elite-Decent Rarity episode. Also, you gotta love Twilight's awkward dancing

4.Sleepless in ponyville-A nice scootaloo episode...and it has luna!!

:yay:

• Brohoof 1

Easy peasy. I could fanboy over these episodes all day, but as concise as possible:

1. Too Many Pinkie Pies. Glorious, charming, funny, beautifully animated, deep concepts and flawless characterisation, superb execution, left you with loads of afterthoughts about the Mirror Pool and cloning ethics, sensational use of parallel characters, and it starred Best Pony - what's not to love to shreds about this episode? :)

2. Party of One. Stratospherically good - showcased the circumvention of cliché which is the predominant reason for MLP being so popular, and taught kids that even the happiest souls have their dark sides. Powerful character development for Best Pony, adorable song at the start, and Pinkamena is an endlessly fascinating side to Pinkie.

3. Secret of My Excess. Wholly underrated and beautifully written, solidifying the Sparity relationship that had only seen snippets of in former episodes. Great character accuracy, had one of my favourite Pinkie Pie moments (I'm not giving him cake, I'm assaulting him with cake!) and the symbolism with the Fire Ruby was excellent. Extremely hard to fault this episode.

4. The Best Night Ever. Rounded up Season 1 with a true-to-colours Mane 6 party blast. Brilliant songs, the six parallel stories were paced and integrated well, introduced Soarin' and taught that even the worst disasters can be turned into fond memories (which I especially appreciate as a moral, as optimism is an essential life value of mine).
  • Brohoof 2

(edited)

I'll do a top five instead, it'll be easier for me to pick out favorites

1) Sleepless in Ponyville - Because Scootalove became canon. Dem feels

2) Wonderbolts Academy - AKA: 0Why Rainbow Dash is best pony

3) Hurricane Fluttershy - I really felt for Fluttershy in this one

4) Best Night Ever - Still the best season finale in the show, with one of my favorite songs to boot

5) Sweet and Elite - AKA: Why Rarity is best pony

Edited by Megas75
  • Brohoof 2

it's hard to choose four, but I'll do my best. In a completely, totally random order:

The Return of Harmony - Discord is the best. Period.

Keep Calm and Flutter On - See above.

The Crystal Empire - I liked the story arc, and Twilight's actions really clicked with me.

It's About Time - A hilarious episode. Twilight + Pinkie + Spike = awesomeness. I need to say no more.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Good number, because 5 would require for me to admit that I liked The Mysterious Mare Do Well more than Party of One, Sonic Rainboom, or Wonderbolt Academy.

1. Hurricane Fluttershy - Only episode that is the best for two ponies at once

2. Sleepless in Ponyville - THE FEELS

3. Apple Family Reunion - So much AJ. Adorkable Applejack, Funny Applejack, Sweet Applejack, Hardworking Applejack...

4. Suited For Success - Rarity is ridiculously sympathetic throughout the episode.

Edited by Stellafera

Hrrrm, well my  4 (heh, odd number)favorite episodes are...

4) One Bad Apple> My favorite Episode of season 3

3) Cutie Mark Chronicles> Back stories!!!!

2)Hurricane Fluttershy> Very good episode

1)Lesson Zero> Great,funny episode

1. The Return of Harmony: Parts 1 and 2, because it's the same plot I count it as one, if I have to choose then Part 1

2. Keep Calm and Flutter On: This probably would have been my favourite episode, but I think

Discord considered Fluttershy to be a friend too quickly.

It's not the writers fault or anything because they have to keep it in the 20 minutes limit and all. It's a shame, but nothing can be done about it.

3. A Bird in the Hoof: Because Fluttershy. Just Fluttershy.

And that phoenix :3

4. The Secret of my Excess: Episodes revolving around Spike tend to be the most intruiging to me, and this one was a lot of fun and very d'aww at the end.

1. A Canterlot Wedding part 2 - no explanation needed.

2. Suited for Success - the woes of an artist are captured so perfectly!

3. Magical Mystery Cure - so much lovely music.

4. Either part 1 or 2 of The Return of Harmony, because it's Discord.

tumblr_m40umllqyf1rrfu2zo1_400.gif

• Brohoof 2

1. Sleepless in Ponyville

2. A Canterlot Wedding

3. Suited for Success

4. Lesson Zero

I like those four episodes, since they are pretty enjoyable.

• Brohoof 1

• "Winter Wrap Up" - I love the song and how Twilight has that whole fitting in crisis that everypony can relate to.

"Cutie Mark Chronicles" - I loved seeing how the Mane 6 got their cutie marks and seeing their back stories.

"Look Before You Sleep" - I love Rarity and Applejack and seeing them collide was hilarious to me.

"Bridle Gossip" - This is my favorite episode because it shows not to judge a book by it's cover.

• Brohoof 1

so far I have seen good choices. Here are mine

1) It's About Time (it came out on my birthday, also TERMINATOR REFERENCES)

2) Canterlot Wedding pt.1/2 ( These episodes were the first I saw and they made me a brony)

3) Sweet and Elite ( best rarity episode)

4) Bridal Gossip (idk why)