Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Do you think Equestria Girls is related to the actual show?

Dawn Arethia Whooves

The writers have actually explicitly stated that nothing from Equestria Girls will tie into Season 4. So I actually don't think they will. (Thankfully.) Equestria Girls was cute and silly, but not something I'd want incorporated to the main show.  Unless they actually took their time and made it interesting.

Edited by Miss Earl Grey
  • Brohoof 2

Maybe. I heard somewhere that it was just a spin-off and will not affect the show in any way. I also heard that there will be references to the movie in Season 4. Which is correct? I don't know.

I'm kind of hoping it doesn't affect the show. I enjoyed it and all, but I don't want it having influence on the show.

Edited by ReverseFaller
  • Brohoof 1

as stated above MLP EG wont have any effect on the story of MLP FIM but rather it will be a spin off if the movie sells well, means its gonna be a new series all on its own and probably work like an alternate universe thing

Edited by Lunas Sorrow

The way I see it, Equestria Girls did happen in the MLP:FIM universe. Celestia probably cautioned the mane six to never speak of the existence of the trans-dimensional portal. It's now encased in lead, and deep in the security vaults of Canterlot castle. It's probably right next to the Ark of the Covenant that Daring Do recovered.

Yes, because it is canon. Equestria Girls took place during the main series following Magical Mystery Cure, making it canon by default. However, it's "slated" to not affect season four, making it a different continuity.

Yes, because it is canon. Equestria Girls took place during the main series following Magical Mystery Cure, making it canon by default. However, it's "slated" to not affect season four, making it a different continuity.

I don't know how much being a following to an episode make something canon. Dragon Balls Oav's are not canon, and some of plot are set after special events and have characters that dosen't appear in the main series not even when they're supposed to be (Otherwise why don't ever see Cooler with his brother and father in hell?).

Heck, even One Piece has a lot of oav that don't have any connection to the main series. And let's not even start talking about the fillers (wich, by the way, i think that EQG is, and a bad one i like to add).

And then the wings problems seemed brought up in the beginning and resolved in the ending in a way that makes me think that they added just to prove that the movie is not canon.

It would also explain why the movie takes place in the crystal empire and not in Canterlot IMO.

I don't think it is related to the actual show since, people think that it is related to Season Four but it actually isn't related to it. It's a movie but, it has some elements of the show in it.

What I take out of it is that it's what happens between seasons 3 and 4. However, it seems that none of it will be affecting the main series, so what happens in Equestria Girls stays in Equestria Girls I guess.