Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Is Soarin old?

Sergios117

Nah, he just strikes me as the Shaggy of the group.

Actually, to perfectly frank, I think the whole Wonderbolt team are stoners. Why do you think Spitfire comes off so uncharacteristically mellow sometimes?

Edited by CITRUS KING46

I don't tnk that Soarin is that old.

The WonderBolts seem to be adults. (Maybe around 25-30 years old).

I have actually always wondered as to why Soarin always has those bags under his eyes. I like to assume that he has them because he's tired. But, he appears to be constantly tired.

Soarin could well be say 35-38 and right on the border of aging out of the wonderbolts.  This could also explain why Spitfire treated Soarin so badly at the Equestria Games tryouts.  She wants the young blood (Rainbow Dash).

• Brohoof 1

His voice doesn't sound older like the voice of Filthy Rich or the the market pony, who was calling Fluttershy "Kid". Probably he's in the same age as Shining Armor?

Spitfire and Soarin were adults when Rainbow Dash was a filly, but so were some background ponies when Rarity was one either. I think that the writers were just too lazy to use different pony models.

I think he is oldER than all the other ponies, but not middle aged or old. Like with American football, they are usually retired by age 40....I think he's in his mid 30's, whereas the other wonderbolts are in their mid-late 20s. Not quite in his prime, but not middle aged either. He seems to stay young at heart, yet enjoys the simpler things (pie!) like those who age do....

• 7 years later...

In all honesty I think he is 25 because something tells me  he’s just over working and spitfire is the same age as him and it’s just I think it’s my opinion I’m not trying to tell people he is I’m saying my opinion

In Friends Forever 36 he’s referred to as “kid” by the bartender and heavily implies that the reason he looks tired is because he overworks himself rather than age. Given the main show did fuck all with the Wonderbolts in terms of anything of actual merit, this is probably the best explanation we’re gonna get 

Edited by Megas