Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Writers hate Flash Sentry?

mushroompie

There are a lot of speculations and discussions about this colt. But I have come by some people talking about that Hasbro made Flash Sentry up, because they wanted romance in the movie. And that they told DHX media to add him to the movie. But that the writers actually hate/dislike Flash. This all sounds very nice (actually weird I guess) and fine, but there is no actual prove that this is true. And I don't believe this theory. Or I can't believe it. I mean, I like the idea of a little bit of love, but not so stereotypical. What do you think?

• Brohoof 2

I personally think that he was a movie character that may appear (similar to derpy) but will not be used at all as a proper character like in the film (unless there is some sort of spin off series from the film witch features EQG.

I don't think they "hate" him, but I really doubt they will use him much in FIM.

• Brohoof 1

Huh, I think hate is too strong of a word to use in this case.

Regardless, there's not even any proof of this being true, both the part about Hasbro forcing him in and the part about the writers hating him. While I say that, however, there's also no proof of it not being true...

This will require more research, a lot of thinking, and, of course, a lot of pipe puffing to figure out.

The writers don't hate Flash Sentry, since he was only to be a movie character. The romance was a bit subpar and cliched but, what did you except in a Hasbro movie.

I actually think that they wanted to initially do more with him. But stuff needed to be cut, and there were probably extra scenes with him in it - as well as the conflict between Flash and Sunset Shimmer being exes - that they couldn't fit into the movie.

Meghan really needs to take an EqG Q&A. Now that the whole drama has died down foe the most part I don't think that anyone is going to tell her to go die for making the movie, or take the Q&A as an opportunity to say something mean.

• Brohoof 1

I don't think the writers hate him, that is a bit too strong. Hasbro wanted him in there and the writers complied but they also had to contend with the bronies some of which they knew might not be happy about it so they had to walk a rather precarious balance of pleasing Hasbro and the "target audience" while not angering too many bronies. But it fell a bit flat because alot of bronies don't like Flash because they think he is a bland Gary Stu like character, so it seems like a classic case of when you try to please everyone you will not please anyone. I think Hasbro and the writers decided to play it safe in season 4 by not having him just to see how well he is received by bronies but that dosen't mean it will be the least we ever see of him in the series as there might be a few more seasons after season 4. 

• Brohoof 1

I thought that hate was a bit too much. And I thought that this was just a ridiculous story made up by some Flash-haters. But I agree with RockinRarity and EarthbendingProdigy.  

• Brohoof 1

I thought that hate was a bit too much. And I thought that this was just a ridiculous story made up by some Flash-haters. But I agree with RockinRarity and EarthbendingProdigy.

Of course it is. Flash Sentry haters will make any kind of excuse to feel so passionate about hating someone they BARELY saw. To them, CLEARLY the writers must hate him too, and if the writers hate him, then everyone with a brain should hate him.

The way the handled does make you think it was not their idea to add him in the movie and it was just forced onto them by Hasbro because they thought it would help appeal more to the target audience.

The whole romance thing was seriously lame and cliched and it would have been better if they didn't include him at all or had made a better attempt at it but they don't hate him or anything.

Meghan already mentioned that he won't be appearing in Season 4, which does indeed lead me to think that this was Hasbro's idea...
Either way, I'd assume the creative team don't particularly have him on their minds if they're not including him in S4.

Hasbro's interference didn't make the film any better. To me, the romance subplot was detrimental to the whole friendship message.

• Brohoof 1

Well the way he had little screen time very little development and how Meghan was so quick to dismiss him from season 4 I don't think that she's a fan of his. I do think that Hasbro forced him in and DHX did very little with him.

In the end I don't have exact proof but just using what little evidence I'm given that's the conclusion that I came up with.

• Brohoof 1

I'd love if this was true, because it would tell me that the writers aren't so bad. I hated Flash Sentry because he was so damn bland and Gary Stuish, and I can totally believe that Hasbro shoehorned him in.

• Brohoof 1

Of course it is. Flash Sentry haters will make any kind of excuse to feel so passionate about hating someone they BARELY saw. To them, CLEARLY the writers must hate him too, and if the writers hate him, then everyone with a brain should hate him.

Oh, i wouldn't hate him just to be so little on the screen. I hate that despite the fact that have so little scenes they decided to make him the love interest for Twilight.

If you really want to make a good LI, you should at least try to make it work. Bump 3 times is not a very good way. But i guess that just because he looks cool and TS is pretty cute is the perfect couple. Gosh, how materalist is this movie.

Anyway, i don't think that writers hate Flash Sentry. Seeing how little they used him i think that they simple didn't give two flying and rotten apples about him. And that is more right.

Meghan really needs to take an EqG Q&A. Now that the whole drama has died down foe the most part I don't think that anyone is going to tell her to go die for making the movie, or take the Q&A as an opportunity to say something mean.

Something mean like this?

:catface: ,

No seriously, if she made an EQG Q&A i wouls ask her how much Hasbro was involved with the ...ugh... movie, just to understand who is the guilty.