Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Do you think Flash Sentry and Twilight Sparkle are a good match?

NO_LONGER_AVAILABLE

Give him more character development and make him more than just some cute boy for Twilight to faun over, and then we will talk. He could be a good match for Twilight but only if those and perhaps some other parameters are met.

Absolutely. I don't care for love interests that just sporadically appear out of nowhere because someone felt it should be. Where's the build up? The reasoning? Give us something other then the "love at first sight" nonsense and maybe it can turn into something that'll actually work. Even if they choose not to make it go anywhere it could make an interesting subplot, I'm not sure how the OCD Twilight could handle having a very special somepony on top of her other work, but I'd like to see it. :twi:

This is one of my favorite topics. I don't see why they wouldn't, yeah there's no background for him or personality but that can always be written so why not

I don't think so. Correct me if I'm wrong.

I just knew that Flash or Brad was Sunset's boyfriend but they broke up and I don't know why. Now in my brain, I think that Flash saw Twilight, falls in love and wanted to be HER boyfriend after leaving Sunset behind. And I don't think that sounds right....

Edited by Simon (Assassin)

Gut feeling: NO!

Slightly more rational answer: They might be, if Flash gets some character development. I still wouldn't like it much but if he gets developed and the relationship progress is handled well I don't see why they wouldn't match. There's obviously some attraction between the two, loath as I am to admit it.

• Brohoof 1

I don't think so. Correct me if I'm wrong.

I just knew that Flash or Brad was Sunset's boyfriend but they broke up and I don't know why. Now in my brain, I think that Flash saw Twilight, falls in love and wanted to be HER boyfriend after leaving Sunset behind. And I don't think that sounds right....

According to the Humane 5 in the first EQG film, Flash Sentry was the one who broke it off a few weeks before Twilight first came to Canterlot High. They don't exactly say why, but it's likely Flash did it because he saw how cruel and dishonest Sunset was back then. In the 2nd film, Reformed Sunset even said, "Flash is a great guy and all, but I never really liked him liked him. I was just using him to become more popular."

At least he knows he shouldn't be in a relationship with such a mean girl.

All Flash did was make me think Twilight shouldn't be princess, here me out, she only fancys him from looks which basically ignores half the friendship lessons she's had where its all about not judging someone on looks but instead personalities. So if she ends up with him I'm going to think all that she's learnt will be rather pointless, I don't mean to offend any of his fans but honestly he isn't much of a charactor in my opinion and she's so important and useful that it seems silly that she even thinks about him...

I'm with the folks here who say Flash needs some character development before this ship can really sail. As much as I like the guy, he's just... there. Doesn't really contribute much to the plot of either movie. I hope this gets addressed in EQG 3, then I can accept the idea that these two should get together.

Do you think Flash Sentry and Twilight Sparkle are a good Match?

xD are you new here?

Most bronies HATE Flash sentry with a burning passion.

myself included.

though people hate him for different reasons.

some hate him because they don't want Twilight to have a love interest.

I mean, she's our waifu, dang it.

and others hate him because he's not much of a character.

he's just there to be a random love interest, and there's nothing to him that Twilight would realistically like.

he's just some skater boy who can't watch where he's going while he stalks the halls for waifu to steal.

hooves crossed for his deserved death in season five.

I do think Twilight would be the pony that wouldn't just judge someone with looks and have a crush on them because they are cute,hot, whatever (Flash is neither of those). I also think that shipping the two human versions is awful and they look horrible as a couple. HOWEVER, I do think the ponies versions of the ponies is veery cute and they look cute as a couple (even if I don't approve of the reasons they like each other (I'll give you a hint, they both like each other because they think the other is hot!!!)).

The fact that he's there just to be a romantic interest derails that idea for him. We know little about him other than the High School cool guy cliches he embodies. He almost seems like a copy & paste recolor of Shining Armor, in both appearance & personality.

The role the character plays shouldn't be the entirety of that character. Twi is the leading protagonist. But that isn't her character. It's that of a studious, OCD, bookworm. Discord isn't just the antagonist. He's the sadistic, anarchistic, player of mind games. 

Brad Flash is the romantic interest. Who is he beyond that?

Answer that and you'll find why he doesn't match up well w/ Twi. 

• 1 month later...

Sure.

They both seem to make each other happy so far, and if Twilight has no problem with him nothing else matters, and frankly I think it provides an interesting dynamic to the character.

It would be nice if Flash Sentry got some more development, but I do respect the fact that his presence has helped curb shipping concerning  Twilight to something that may be more appropriate for Hasbro's needs, and frankly complaints about the character tend to be exaggerated (There are some valid criticisms though.).

Edited by UnknownFry

No.

Twilight and Flash aren't a good match,and,as long as Flash doesn't start to be a character,it will never ever happen.

What bases do even exist to defend this shipping? Blushing? That's the cheapest excuse i've ever heard on my entire life. Each one of their encounters were by crashing on each other,no exceptions. Even on the first Equestria Girls movie,Twilight met Pony!Flash by crashing into him.

The writters wanted to create a romantic subplot(a thing that i hate on this kind of movies) on the movies that revolved around them,but it was executed poorly.

Also,what do we know about Flash Sentry? Absolutely nothing (well,he plays the guitar,woohoo for cheap development),and he has the weakest characterization on all the show,englobing both Equestria Girls and FiM,because even Background Ponies show more character than he does.

What am I trying to say? They cannot be a couple by a number of reasons,which englobe weak characterization,cheap exploitation,and awfully handled romantic plot,which,for me,are enought reasons to not ship them.

• Brohoof 1

Twilight and Flash aren't a good match,and,as long as Flash doesn't start to be a character,it will never ever happen.

Well more Flash Sentry seems to be on the way with Friendship Games so brace yourself.

No. Twilight Sparkle leaves her interests and such back in Equestria at the portal. This romance with Flash Sentry plays heavily on Twilight's weakness. It also doesn't help that Flash Sentry appears to be a bit too aggressive in trying to get Twilight to be his.

Edited by Singe
  • Brohoof 1

• 3 weeks later...

I'm probably gonna get the hate of a lot of people just like in other sites for saying this but...I think they would be good together.

The only reason the fandom thinks he is boring is because there's no backstory for him and because he doesnt get enough screentime.

If there was a story behind the character known as Flash Sentry maybe people will like him a little bit more. I have no problem with the shipping whatsoever and in my opinion if it happened then it must be for a reason, maybe along the way we'll get to know who Flash really is.

(Please don't hate..)

• 2 years later...