mega thread Why did you choose your avatar/profile pic?

~Rule 63~ Lyeco

I was working on one of my PMVs at a point where a bunch of pony vectors quickly appear one by one and spell out "DEFIANCE".
I wanted to include a Dan VS image just for the sake of a 'clever' random insert, so i browsed google for some good Dan pics.

I stumbled across this image in the listings and fell in love with it, instantly deciding to use it as an avatar.
That's why i signed up to this forum as 'Prince Dan'. I'm planning on keeping this avatar for as long as possible.

• Brohoof 2

i chose my avatar because i really really like Dan Phantom, Dan phantom was my favorite danny phantom villain and i think ultimate enemy was the perfect episode, it had everything a good story, time travel, David Caradine, and even mr Lancer. god i miss DP...oh well ponies fill the hole in my heart that show left...

I was in the mood for something cute for my next avatar and remember this picture I found a while back. It meets the cuteness I wanted and really showcases one of the many things I love about Applejack.

img-1845877-1-good_morning_sis__by_oze_j

Edited by EarthbendingProdigy
  • Brohoof 4

post-4006-0-28137800-1379555037.png

• I'm still not sure on exactly how or why, but Thunderlane struck me as a new favorite side character, three or so days ago. My guesses are, the brother relationship he has with Rumble (I adore bro relationships <3 Socute), and the awesome art I've been seeing of him. The current banner was also a catalyst.
  • Loved the pose and expression Thunder has here, and the the dark backdrop and dark themed clothes to go with his coat color really looked quite bad-ass.
  • Taking the opportunity to pull myself out of this 'Dash, Spitfire, Dash, Spitfire' cycle was something long-needed.
  • Brohoof 2

Guest DJ Hydrolicious

Well, I use this avatar because of Ratchet making it for me. He drew my OC and I can't thank him enough for that. Honestly I can't. :D

I chose Kyouko as an avatar because I have recently been pretty obsessed with Puella Magi Madoka Magica. I think Kyouko is just beautiful and she is definitely my favorite Magica

DJ FLUTTERSHY

img-1860707-1-dj_fluttershy_background__

Well, I LOVE LOVE LOVE music! img-1860707-2-wub.png

Fluttershy is very much like me, quite shy and timid. (Though I have a wild side) img-1860707-3-e9FkmL5.png

The last reason is quite simple, I just love this picture! img-1860707-4-derpy_emoticon1.png

Someone in MLP forums has the same profile pic

Go to the owner of the thread "ask fluttershy" I forgot her name but it ends with shy3 or I don't know

Edited by Lyeco

I ran across this on Derpibooru while looking through pics of Chrysalis and just had to use it as my avatar. It was perfect. The colors are very nice and Chryssi looks intimidating. What is there not to like? This avatar is totally awesome!

Edited by SmartyPants
  • Brohoof 1

post-6104-0-12792700-1379864635.jpg

There was a time when all I used were non-pony avatars. Most of them were of Drizzt, with an occasional avatar of Artemis Entreri. In recent months I've been using ponies. Primarily Twilight. Due to some complications in my life and a desire to bring forward a small element of my life from more stable and happy times, I decided once again to use Drizzt. I've found that it's made me more contemplative and patient. Perhaps it's a placebo effect. All I know for certain is I like it.

I've used this picture before, but the last time was before I even joined the staff.

• Brohoof 1

Personally, because a close friend of mine drew a piece of art for me, and I really wanted to use it, and share it around, I absolutely love the piece, And It holds a lot to me, since they did it out of free will.

• Brohoof 1

My avatar, signature, and profile background generally rotate with whatever I'm obsessing over in the current month. This time, it's Combattler V, though I've gone through various Gundam, MLP, Koutetsushin Jeeg, and other random anime that I've watched and loved. Generally, it's a character from the series that I ADORE heavily.

Fluttershy is my favorite pony (obvously) but this particular one was discovered by DashForever.  I liked it so much and, knowing he never stays with one avatar for long, I saved it to my computer.  :)

• Brohoof 2

Fluttershy is my favorite pony (obvously) but this particular one was discovered by DashForever.  I liked it so much and, knowing he never stays with one avatar for long, I saved it to my computer.  :)

Awwwwww it's a very cute avatar, her hair in this picture almost look like human. And with small smile and large eyes and a snowy environment is a nice mix. Well is this your Christmas Avatar?

post-16586-0-92948400-1379817903.jpg

FAMILY_GUY_DEATH.gif

The reason i have chosen this avatar because 

i am an ancient reaper before you guys were even born, I always reap anything is cheap and low-quality.

Sometimes, i reap mortal souls for tasking from Death.

By the ways, I decided to join this My Little Pony fandom in order to entertain myself in my free time of reaping souls. If this show's quality went down, i will reap it and its developers somedays.

Reapers also tied with horses and ponies are just perfect for me to ride; we are also horsemen so we love horses or ponies.

• Brohoof 3

I chose my profile pic/avatar because Fluttershy is my second favorite pony and she is very cute. I thought since Vinyl Scratch was my favorite pony, i was going to add her but I decided that Fluttershy was a better choice. As I was looking through the pics of Fluttershy, I was looking for something that would fit and then I found this one.

• Brohoof 2

System Shock 2 was just one of those games that just pretty much rocked my world. I just can't get enough of the story, the enemies, the atmosphere. Obviously, SHODAN pretty much stole the show. She's easily one of the best villains...ever. I absolutely loved how they portrayed her in the sequel, it was a big step up from the first game.

• Brohoof 1

I'm so sick of having every piece of Fluttershy fanart feature her with really long hair that looks exactly like it does in the show, so I googled "Fluttershy with short hair" and ended up with this. I could say that about any of the ponies' hairstyles, but Fluttershy's my favorite, so she ended up being the one I chose.

• Brohoof 1