Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

If you have the three aspects you can change from the show what can it be?

Rethajni

1) Josh Haber never becomes story editor. Either Meghan stays or the Lady Writers take over instead

2) Newbie Dash fucks off and dies horribly in a fire. the episode we get instead is the one Dave Polsky had originally planned

3) School of Friendship gets Thanos’d. If they insist on keeping the Student Six, make them the mane 6’s personal students instead 

Edited by Megas
  • Brohoof 4

7 hours ago, Megas said:

Lady Writers take over instead

I would say this. Season 7 was where I felt like the most like I was watching "classic" Friendship is Magic, again. 

Second, I wish that they would have done more with the background ponies.

Third, I would have loved to have seen a wedding between Starlight Glimmer and Trixie. 

Edited by Sparklefan1234
  • Brohoof 1

• 7 months later...

With me:

1) Get rid of the unnecessary gimmicks like the Friendship School and the Student Six

2) Equestria Girls should never exist nor be part of the FiM canon

3) Have some later seasons GOOD episodes like Fame and Misfortune, Honest Apple, Horse Play, Secret and Pies, Parental Glidence, Perfect Pear, Horse Play, Stranger than Fan Fiction, A Sound of Silence and Going to Seed be part of Season 1-5 and pretend the rest of Season 6-9 never happened and ended in Season 5.

Edited by JMTV99
  • Brohoof 1

1 hour ago, JMTV99 said:

With me:

1) Get rid of the unnecessary gimmicks like the Friendship School and the Student Six

2) Equestria Girls should never exist nor be part of the FiM canon

This. This is everything I would do. :squee:

Edited by TomDaBombMLP
  • Brohoof 2

On 2021-04-26 at 9:27 AM, ExplosionMare said:

Stop with the Spike abuse

Oh yeah, ESPECAILLY the Spike Abuse because OMG, poor Spike-Wikey was treated so cruelly throughout the rest of the show and it really ticks me off.:(

(edited)
  1. The Spikeabuse in the earlier seasons. Sweet Celestia, he's the youngest and only male lead of the cast, and in many of the episodes he was either a part of or led, he was a major punching bag. The worst examples are Owl's Well and especially Princess Spike. For a feminist show, it enjoyed making him the buttmonkey, contradicting the feminist roots it's supposed to have. (This is one of Haber's biggest positives as story editor; he understood Spike, and his direction improved significantly under his leadership.)

2. Specific episodes either get rewritten or scrapped. Fame & Misfortune is an insult to the show's core themes and audience and gets scrapped. Newbie Dash is what Magical Mystery Cure would be if it actually sucked; the earlier draft under Polsky is superior and should've been used. Cut Mare Do Well and MDW 2.0 out of the show entirely. Dragon Quest wouldn't have a xenophobic plotline or a misandrist, xenophobic moral. Princess Spike would've respected Spike, not give him a non-sequitur for a moral, and not give him a Dragon Sneeze bouquet at the end.

3. Integrate the season's central arcs more. Throughout the show's run, they'd establish the arcs, incorporate 'em here and there, and then fill them with other episodes. Don't get me wrong, many of the episodes separated from the central arcs have been some of the best in the series. But at times, they could've done more to blend the arc into the season. After Starlight ran away, she was seen in the background for two episodes (Amending Fences & What About Discord) until Re-Mark. The following year, after HWT, Starlight's involvement dropped drastically until To Where. Shadow Play was the culmination of the Pillars' tales, which were confined exclusively to Season 7's second half, three of those stories in one episode. Seasons 4 (dropped arc with the castle ruins aside), 8, and 9 were the only ones to integrate their central plots in either a good chunk of the episodes (either upfront or otherwise) or were largely front and center.
Edited by Dark Qiviut
  • Brohoof 2