Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

If you have the three aspects you can change from the show what can it be?

Rethajni

1. Fluttershy and Rainbow Dash become a romantic couple. Mostly because it's FREAKIN' ADORABLE ;):wub: but also because out of all the possible mane 6 pairings, I think they would cause the least change in group dynamic (although Rainbow being involved = chaos in the fandom), and because it would be awesome to set a precedent that it's ok to feature homosexual relationships in kids' shows.

2. More 2 parters. Season 3 really suffered from this.with Keep Calm and Flutter On, and Magical Mystery Cure being very rushed, and Magic Duel and Wonderbolt Academy kind of rushed.

3. Rainbow Dash to take Scootaloo under her wing and become like her big sister OH WAIT THIS ACTUALLY HAPPENED :D Best episode ever.

Aaand, because this is equally important, 3 aspects that I don't want to change.

1. Celestia must not ditch Twilight now that she's a princess, either by dying or leaving Equestria. Twilight has no experience ruling a country yet, so she'll still need guidance for some years to avoid learning by trial-and-error, which isn't acceptable when the errors affect so many others. And Celestia needs to spend time enjoying the fact that she's no longer alone. In addition to relief from loneliness, her job should be a lot less stressful and boring now, and with a lot more free time, while keeping the perks of being princess. Milk it for the next 1000 years. She deserves it.

2. Continue to avoid the topic of death. At the very least no dwelling on it, doing long crying scenes and such. We already have 99% canon confirmation of the Apple family situation, and if they were going to clarify how it happened, it would probably be a deathiversary episode, which is a bad thing to teach kids to celebrate, IMO. Waste of a lot of days of your life that could be spent not being sad, if you don't keep track of exactly when everybody died.

3. Songs! More if anything. I love them.

please, we all know that if rainbow dash were to be involved with any of the mane 6 it would be applejack, they were basically made for each other.

Well my first choice is probably insanely predictable.

1.More Luna: both a mixture of cameos and Lunacentric episodes just more Luna. ALOT more

2. As alot more people have already mentioned longer episode time I'd say movie length per ep but that may not work too well :P

3. Give a few of the background ponies some more diverse rolls. Obviously not all of them every ep else the show would be INSANELY cluttered but little more here and there

Well my first choice is probably insanely predictable.

1.More Luna: both a mixture of cameos and Lunacentric episodes just more Luna. ALOT more

2. As alot more people have already mentioned longer episode time I'd say movie length per ep but that may not work too well :P

3. Give a few of the background ponies some more diverse rolls. Obviously not all of them every ep else the show would be INSANELY cluttered but little more here and there

I'm absolute agree with you! Luna need more episodes! C'mon! she was a rebel princess, mystical (more than Celestia and Zecora together) and personally is the most beautiful princess i've seen! (better than human princess too!), thay have a lot of material that they can work with: her 1000 lost years. her guilty past, a special episode which truly related the rebel of the princess, AND posible a epic fight between sisters using their powers and ended with Luna's imprison, she worth a LOT of episodes of My Little Pony 

• Brohoof 1

1. Improve the shows soundtrack or just take out the singing altogether

2. The CMC Getting their cutie marks episode

3. Introduction of a new main (or at least semi-main) male pony.

1: I want to see different places in Equestria.

2: Octavia and Vinyl getting at least two episodes

3: A whole season where the art changes to parody the original genera. Example: Ep.1: Normal. Ep.2: Puppet show Ep.3: Anime. Ep.4: black and white silent movie. Ep.5: Over the top action movie.

• 1 month later...
  1. Longer episodes, not too much longer, maybe something like 30 minutes.
  2. Make Season 3 have more episodes (too late now. :P)
  3. Maybe see more places in Equestria.

But these are only slight things I'd change, I very much like the current MLP episodes.

More multicultural voice actors - I would really like to see a British pony, an Australian pony, and maybe even an Asian pony. I just have a thing with multicultural characters.

More positive male representatives - Even though this cartoon is targeted toward a young female audience, do you really think that makes it okay to generalise males as stupid, one-dimensional suck-ups? This would probably be my only huge gripe about the show.

Background pony interaction - It would be really neat if the Mane 6 could interact in some way with all of the background ponies we know and love. It would be a great way to give these ponies personalities and stories as the focus briefly draws onto them each episode.

Edited by Mars Brownie
  • Brohoof 1

1. Brony pandering. I say this as a fan who started watching when season 1 had just ended. From season 2 onwards, it's pretty obvious that the writers have slipped in more than a few jokes and references as nods to the fandom. I'm not against this idea, I merely wish to see less of it, especially in regards to ideas that the fandom has created, such as Derpy being seen with a muffin during Equestria Girls' credits as well as Scootaloo doing the "chicken dance." I want the writers to keep creating the stories that they want to make without the fandom burning in the back of their minds constantly. If we start seeing Gamer Luna and Sweetie Bot all of a sudden, then I'm going to worry.

2. Character balance. I will be fair and say that the writers are doing the best job they possibly can of ensuring that each character gets ample screen time and focus. It's a tough job to balance out and perfectly distribute an equal amount of focus on six different lead characters. However, it was a huge mistake to not produce a Rarity episode for season 3. On the one hand, Applejack got a much needed additional episode, (long story) but Rarity suffered, which only further prolonged her episode drought which has been going on since Sweet and Elite aired. Another example is season 2. Pinkie Pie and Rainbow Dash both had three episodes of focus as well as many prominent supporting roles. Rarity, Fluttershy, and Applejack on the other hand, were left with two episodes a piece, (arguably in AJ's case) and fewer prominent secondary roles. I'll be honest, it felt like Applejack and Fluttershy were in the background for most of the season, whereas in season 1 they had a lot more presence on a much more consistent basis. I hope the writers can find a way to iron out these issues.

3. Male stereotypes. I love that this show sports an all-female cast of strong and complex individuals who consistently and effectively challenge gender norms. However, even as a female fan of the show, I notice that there are a lot of male characters in the show who are based on negative stereotypes. Snips and Snails, Carrot Cake, Filthy Rich, Iron Will, Prince Blueblood, the Flim Flam Bros, Snowflake and many minor characters tend to exude negative qualities like stupidity, cowardice, aggression, greed or other less-than-desirable characteristics. There are female characters in the show who carry negative traits as well, but they are less common and are more likely to have redeeming qualities as well. Thankfully, we do have Shining Armor, Fancy Pants and Big Macintosh as examples of positive male characters. I hope we see more good stallions in the future.

Overall, these are minor gripes at best, so I hope I don't sound like a total whiner. =)

• Brohoof 2

1. Brony pandering. I say this as a fan who started watching when season 1 had just ended. From season 2 onwards, it's pretty obvious that the writers have slipped in more than a few jokes and references as nods to the fandom. I'm not against this idea, I merely wish to see less of it, especially in regards to ideas that the fandom has created, such as Derpy being seen with a muffin during Equestria Girls' credits as well as Scootaloo doing the "chicken dance." I want the writers to keep creating the stories that they want to make without the fandom burning in the back of their minds constantly. If we start seeing Gamer Luna and Sweetie Bot all of a sudden, then I'm going to worry.

2. Character balance. I will be fair and say that the writers are doing the best job they possibly can of ensuring that each character gets ample screen time and focus. It's a tough job to balance out and perfectly distribute an equal amount of focus on six different lead characters. However, it was a huge mistake to not produce a Rarity episode for season 3. On the one hand, Applejack got a much needed additional episode, (long story) but Rarity suffered, which only further prolonged her episode drought which has been going on since Sweet and Elite aired. Another example is season 2. Pinkie Pie and Rainbow Dash both had three episodes of focus as well as many prominent supporting roles. Rarity, Fluttershy, and Applejack on the other hand, were left with two episodes a piece, (arguably in AJ's case) and fewer prominent secondary roles. I'll be honest, it felt like Applejack and Fluttershy were in the background for most of the season, whereas in season 1 they had a lot more presence on a much more consistent basis. I hope the writers can find a way to iron out these issues.

3. Male stereotypes. I love that this show sports an all-female cast of strong and complex individuals who consistently and effectively challenge gender norms. However, even as a female fan of the show, I notice that there are a lot of male characters in the show who are based on negative stereotypes. Snips and Snails, Carrot Cake, Filthy Rich, Iron Will, Prince Blueblood, the Flim Flam Bros, Snowflake and many minor characters tend to exude negative qualities like stupidity, cowardice, aggression, greed or other less-than-desirable characteristics. There are female characters in the show who carry negative traits as well, but they are less common and are more likely to have redeeming qualities as well. Thankfully, we do have Shining Armor, Fancy Pants and Big Macintosh as examples of positive male characters. I hope we see more good stallions in the future.

Overall, these are minor gripes at best, so I hope I don't sound like a total whiner. =)

Wait wait wait, How are Filthy Rich and Snowflake based off negative stereotypes? Saying Snowflake is based off a bad stereotype is like saying Rarity is. And Filthy Rich is really nice, he is even shown punishing his daughter

Hmmm. I really like the show, so I wouldn't change much.

Much.

1: More male characters. It's great that we have a show with a 95% female cast, but it's hardly realistic. We need some males for the females to play with!

2: Slightly more lines from Big Mac. I know it's his thing to be the Stallion of Few Words, but come on! Even Peter New wants more dialogue from the lovable big brother!

3: Ummm... kill Babs Seed?

Yeah, I really don't have a third change at the moment...

I'm satisfied with the show as is, but if I was in control here's what I'd do:

1) I would broadcast each 26-episode season in a single unbroken run every Saturday from January - June in each year.

2) Each September there is a 75-minute special released to bridge the seasons

3) Episodes will be extended past the usual 22-minute duration if necessary.

1. I would want them to talk more about the Mane 6's families. I don't need details about every relative, but knowing the general structure would be useful for writing fanfics and developing headcanons that the show doesn't disprove down the road.

2. A better time line of the history of Equestria. rather than saying everything happened 1000 years ago, a canon timeline should have been developed, even if it it was only a brief mention here and a hint there.

3. I would like to see more of Luna. She doesn't get much screen time in the show, and I would have liked to see her ruling along with Celestia.

• Brohoof 1

I have figured it out, after thinking long and hard, what three things I would change about the show.

1.) More Celestia Screentime

2.) More Celestia Screentime

and

3.) More Celestia Screentime

So you want us to make Celestial a back ground pony?  (LOL).

I like the idea of longer episodes, i mean the show does 2 new episodes a week right?  make one 1 hour episode, so the credits and the intro don't eat up time twice.

Needs more cow bell (Jk).  I'd have episodes where they stuck other members from the show hanging with the main six, or one of the six off doing something else and someone else is kind of a substitute. 

Twilight Sparkle

"that's it Lyria your pinkie for the day."

Lyria

"I don't know how to act crazy!"

Twilight Sparkle

"Calm down and take a seat."

Lyria

"Hay there's nothing wrong with the way i sit!"

Or dash having to do something else so bon bon is the substitute jerk for the day lol.

More villians singing lol.  I mean if people are gonna sing, the best song on the show was chyselias singing.  why not?

Woah, woah, woah mr man.  Who said greed is a negative trait?  Wait big mac isn't stupid?  Not sure if cereal lol.  You want a strong male character?

Discord.

@ @@FNGRpony

Just for future reference, if you guys are going to quote my text walls, snip off the text when you're done as it's making these pages longer than necessary, and I don't wanna feel bad for long posts. >.<

Filthy Rich is a greedy pony. He's the typical stereotype of a rich daddy who spoils their kid by giving them everything they want, which is why Diamond Tiara is as rotten as she is. If you don't think greed is a negative trait, then I don't know what else to say.

As for Snowflake, he's a stereotypical bodybuilder - a huge, rippling, steroid-using muscle freak. In addition to that he looks incredibly unintelligent and is a coward.

As I said though, Big Mac and Shining Armor, among other male characters are a lot more positive and I'd like to see more characters like them. It's a minor gripe, but I just feel that the show has a tendency to make males look shallow and dumb on occasion. 

Edited by Sugar Cube

Snip, i always felt snipping came off as douchie for some odd reason, but if you insist.

@ @@FNGRpony

Snip, i always felt snipping came off as douchie for some odd reason, but if you insist.

Filthy Rich is a greedy pony. He's the typical stereotype of a rich daddy who spoils their kid by giving them everything they want, which is why Diamond Tiara is as rotten as she is. If you don't think greed is a negative trait, then I don't know what else to say.

As for Snowflake, he's a stereotypical bodybuilder - a huge, rippling, steroid-using muscle freak. In addition to that he looks incredibly unintelligent and is a coward.

As I said though, Big Mac and Shining Armor, among other male characters are a lot more positive and I'd like to see more characters like them. It's a minor gripe, but I just feel that the show has a tendency to make males look shallow and dumb on occasion. 

I'm keeping most of your post up cause i intend to address all off it so yeah i kinda defeated the purpose of the snip LOL.

I don't think Filthy is a terrible person cause he's rich or greedy. 
I think he's a terribly pony cause he seems like a douche.  And spoiling your kids doesn't make you greedy.

Tiara i could see being just as awful with a fraction of her Dad's wealth.

Snow flake is joke character.

If i was ripped up and shreded every so often at the gym i'd yell out "YEAH!" just for the hell of it because of him lol.

Big mac barley ever forms a sentence.

And I know you didn't call surfer boy "DUDE twilee!"  something that cuts through the stero types lol.

I'm not really bothered by stereo types.  I kinda embrace them.  when i was younger and wore flannels, when i heard Mexicans only button the top button being half mexican i started doing it LOL.  (I look white) it was this cute little way for me to feel like i belonged.

Sides having non useless male characters would count as fan pandering LOL as it is clearly something the writing staff has 0 interest in doing.  Nor was ever intended by the Dark Lord herself ms faust.

Now i myself have no problem with pandering lol,

but if you had a major male character who wasn't utterly useless than fans would whine
"He's taking away the diversity and the independence of the main six! BOOOO BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!"

I mean spike comes off smarter than twilight at "times."  *(lesson 0) and he's just a kid.  And twilight is well, Alpha lol.

I know Spike isn't exactly the "mans, man" character representing men on the show but hay it's MLP LOL.

Edited by FNGRpony

• 6 years later...

1. Male stereotypes: Some stallions in the show are negative and have negative traits such as being greedy, selfish, stupid, and some other things.  I know its a girl show and their some males that are good and all that other stuff. But I think their should be more good stallions.

2:  More Luna: I may be a little bit biased because she's my favorite princess out of the four but she need more screen time, either cameos or one or two more episodes about her. Just saying

3: Challenging Villains: In my opinion, the villains of the show are kinda bad, not all of them but some. They are either redeemed or just to weak. I want a challenging villain or villains that actually puts up a fight, a villain that won't not go down so easily. I think there should've been an Elements of Disharmony or Chaos, whatever you like. Because I think this a missed opportunity to introduce six new characters that are opposites of the Mane 6 and actually pose a threat to Mane 6. Also, If the Elements of Harmony and Disharmony are activated at the same time, they'll probably won't work because they will possibly cancel each other out. Even if they are defeated, at least make them put up a good fight and possibly make the six ponies return with a vengeance. 

These are just my opinions but I think number three is a huge miss opportunity in the show.

• Brohoof 1

1. Twilight, after becoming an alicorn (version1) or after Celestia announces her retirement (version2), refuses to go along with the plan, saying that she does not want to become a princess (version1) and instead wants to be a scientist (mage) etc or wants to be a teacher instead of a politician (version2). Celestia is annoyed for a while, but is happy that Twilight finally managed to stand up for herself.

Or maybe Celestia is really mad about it and provides the conflict for a few episodes, with Twilight and her friends managing to show Celestia the error of her ways.

That's the main one for me.

2. More Moondancer.

3. More Luna.

• Brohoof 1

1. Get rid of the School of Friendship - The School of Friendship is by far my least favorite aspect of the show. I've already ranted a ton about it so I'll try not to make this too long. The idea of teaching friendship in a school is absurd. Friendship is something you learn via social interactions throughout life. The school literally contradicts the show. Secondly, having the mane six work in it was a terrible idea. They already have jobs and responsibilities, they don't have time to be teachers. Plus, they aren't even official teachers! Lastly, pretty much every episode involving the school was bad. So yeah, I would take it out altogether.

2. More Cloudsdale and Pegasi in general - Cloudsdale is one of the most interesting locations added to Equestria. The fact that we hardly got to see the place is sad. It has so much potential and really could've made for a great secondary location (just behind Ponyville of Course). Along with this, I feel that pegasi didn't get the most representation/attention. I'd say they got the last out of the three. Ponyville is mostly Earth pony, and the show has always Favorited unicorns. Poor pegasi are just stuck with the least screen-time. It sucks because the show really could've implemented the abilities of pegasi in a great way. I would make a few more episodes take place in Cloudsdale and focus on Pegasi.

3. More locations INSIDE of Equestria - Equestria is a big place with lots of potential, and the show really could've shown it better. Instead, they gave us random places outside of Equestria, causing it's potential to be wasted, just like Cloudsdale. I think the show should've given more world-building to Equestria rather the other places. I mean, the show takes place there, for goodness sake! I would give the show a more in-depth look at Equestria. Showing places like Fillydelphia, Baltimare, Whinnyapolis, etc. Plus, I could add a bunch of cool locations to Equestria to explore. It would be great!

• Brohoof 1

No School of Friendship - I get enjoyment out of every season except for season 8. The seasons overarching story was impossible to avoid and took up a major chunk of the season, which would be fine if the story was good. Everyone, even people who like season 8, have said that the School of Friendship is a pretty silly idea on paper, and in execution I don't think it does great either. My biggest problems with it are the characters it introduces. All of the Young 6 are really bland besides Yona, and Chancellor Neighsay and his racism...whew. I get that people exist in the real world like Neighsay, but he is genuinely not fun to watch, and the fact that a lot of the season even validates some of his racism by saying it's only in ponies nature to be adept to friendship is really weird. The show has always had this bad undercurrent of ponies being more "pure" than other races and the show trying to talk about racism outright only made that worse. I say there should be no School of Friendship, but s8 as a whole had so many issues I think there should've been some major rewriting.

- Discord - This one's super subjective, but did anyone else get tired of Discords weird and constant back and forth? At first it seemed as though he was always teetering on the edge of morality, which is fun, but it eventually veered into him being an idiot at best and malicious at worst. I suppose you could read all his actions as being a sort of "test" for the characters he's harassing, but you really have to read between the lines to see it. After a certain point I honestly got tired of him outside of his interactions with Fluttershy. I wish he was there to be something other than a source of conflict in almost every episode he was in.

- Brony Pandering - So much pandering. Not even in just the jokes, but even the narratives themselves, prioritizing going outside of Equestria and exploring lore over things that drew people to the show in the first place, like the cute character interactions. In season 1 there's a lot of episodes with really simple plotlines like...oh no! Bullies! Or, oh no! This party sucks!, and I actually kind of prefer that. Imo the show is at its best when it sticks with simple and fun character stuff and becomes more messy when it tries to do more complex stories. The show has always struggled with villain redemptions, for example. I wish the show was less controlled by the fandom because I really felt it in later seasons.

Despite me being pretty negative in a lot of these points, I have a positive view of the show overall. I just think it has a few big problems.