Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Sweet Jesus, this looks bad in Firefox

Justin ZW
Go to solution Solved by SCS,

I just installed Firefox to check on a supposed issue on another site, and I was like "Eh, might as well go visit MLPForums while I'm at it." HOLY CRAP is this site broken in Firefox.

Screenshot of the devastation is attached.

You can clearly see the scrollbar at the right is at the top. I didn't scroll it down at all.

post-15403-0-62299200-1377276768_thumb.png

It looks just fine to me, and I'm running multiple adblock/tracker block software apps as well.

If you happen to use any: did you try disabling them first? (That's all I can think of at the moment.)

• Brohoof 1

Ahh Ok I see what you mean, at the top the forum bar/landing picture is 1/2 cut off and you have not moved the page at all?

Is it the same when you full screen?

I think it might just be the logo not loading correctly and the buttons being moved to the top of the screen. Was it the same after you refreshed the page?

• Brohoof 1

I literally JUST installed Firefox. There's no add-ons whatsoever. I've also tried clearing my cache and refreshing multiple times. It looks the same every time.

• Brohoof 1

I can't say i have this issue, i used firefox on my old computer and really never had the issue except a few times.

Of course its been a long time since that happened, and even then it normally was fixed after a refresh or clearing the cache or something of that nature.

I also use Google Chrome now, but the issue wasn't stuck like your is. Like i said a reset of my browser or cache clear or something fixed it for me when it happened.

• Brohoof 1

I just installed Firefox to check on a supposed issue on another site, and I was like "Eh, might as well go visit MLPForums while I'm at it." HOLY CRAP is this site broken in Firefox.

You can clearly see the scrollbar at the right is at the top. I didn't scroll it down at all.

That's weird. I use Firefox all the time and I don't get this problem myself. It must be something with your computer

• Brohoof 3

I've actually been having the exact same trouble with FF-the bar at the top doesn't load fully-so you can't see the 'sign in' button.

I tried hitting the old log-in button on the side of the center banner, but it acts like it's a virus, or from an untrusted source-probably because of the poniverse switch over.

TL;DR I'm using ie instead.

• Brohoof 1

This happens a lot for me, mainly because my Internet is crap so the page doesn't load correctly.

Like what someone said, refreshing the page a couple of times usually solves the problem.

• Brohoof 1

I used to have that problem a few months back. To fix the issue, I changed the IP.B theme (which you can do at the bottom of the message board; scroll down and change the theme). A few seconds later, I changed it back. Perhaps that'll work for you. :)

• Brohoof 1

Stuff like this happens to me sometimes. If refreshing doesn't help, press Ctrl+0 to make sure you aren't zoomed in.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

I'm glad that your issue was resolved. I'll go ahead and lock this thread. I'll compile the most helpful answers into this post for anyone who may be having this problem in the future, since there was not a clear best answer.

I used to have that problem a few months back. To fix the issue, I changed the IP.B theme (which you can do at the bottom of the message board; scroll down and change the theme). A few seconds later, I changed it back. Perhaps that'll work for you. :)

I can't say i have this issue, i used firefox on my old computer and really never had the issue except a few times.

Of course its been a long time since that happened, and even then it normally was fixed after a refresh or clearing the cache or something of that nature.

I also use Google Chrome now, but the issue wasn't stuck like your is. Like i said a reset of my browser or cache clear or something fixed it for me when it happened.

It looks just fine to me, and I'm running multiple adblock/tracker block software apps as well.

If you happen to use any: did you try disabling them first? (That's all I can think of at the moment.)

Oh this is a very common problem for even though i use Google chrome, simply refresh the page 2 to 3 times and check that u have a consistent internet :) here's  the screen shotimg-1775394-1-WsA89Mc.png

Stuff like this happens to me sometimes. If refreshing doesn't help, press Ctrl+0 to make sure you aren't zoomed in.

Edited by SCS
  • Brohoof 2