Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

how do you know if a person is a secret fan?

Faulty Roze

Hello reader,

I was wondering, How do you fgure out a Brony/Pegasister in hiding? I'm wondering this because I have a girlfriend that uses tumblr a lot, when every I see her tumblr wall (if that it's what it's called) I see a a few Ponies here and there. It's got me wondering if she's a fan or not.

I thought to myself that she could be following (if that's what it's called) a person who is a fan and s/he is reblogging (if that's what it's called) pictures of ponies. However, she only follows people if she likes they reblogs/pictures, but knowing her, she isn't really the type who watches ponies.

Some of you may say "why not ask her?", but I'm trying to hide my interest as much as possible, and will only reveal myself if I have sufficient evidence.

So, how do you weed out a brony?

• Brohoof 1

She might be a fan. What I do is when talking to the other person, try to work quotes from the show into the conversation. If they are a fan they will know, if not, they will just think you said something quirky.

• Brohoof 6

The easiest way to tell if somebody is a secret fan is by seeing if they have any support stands. I mean, it's not exactly easy to hide being a fan.

1462463373_1364349193.jpg

It's weird how you started out talking about fans but ended by talking about bronies.

Edited by Jacob Danik
  • Brohoof 14

To weed out a brony, you must know what they talk about the most. When you find that out try to work in some quotes from the show into a conversation, character names, and maybe some references in the show. If that person can notice or remember everything listed about the show, then they are a fan.

but how do you know if they rememeber? some people tend to hide their reactions, like me :P

great ideas though, i should give it a go anyways! and uh...Jacob... punny. very punny.

• Brohoof 1

So what your saying is, you don't want to embarrass yourself and her, but you also want to talk about the show...I'd say that if you wanna know if she's a fan or not, wait for a little while and see what she does next. If that doesn't work, just talk to her a little, but just say a few things about the show to see if she's seen it. If that doesn't work, then just let her be herself. Maybe she's hiding a secret, maybe not. 

but how do you know if they rememeber? some people tend to hide their reactions, like me :P

great ideas though, i should give it a go anyways! and uh...Jacob... punny. very punny.

If she's hiding her reaction, then it may be because your in a public place where non-bronies could here. Try doing it in a more private setting. Now it sounds like I'm giving dating advice. :P

• Brohoof 1

I bet you could find out by just quoting lines from the show, more specifically the popular quotes from the fandom.

May be you could make very vague and small hints to indicate that you are a brony(Pegasister if you prefer).

If all else fails I would just out right tell them. 

This thread appears to be related to the My Little Pony franchise and/or the Bronydom in general. Thus, it has been sentenced to Sugarcube Corner.<br /><br />This is an automatically generated message, by the way.

You can try with subtle hints, since in this case the other person is giving some. It's not nearly as easy when you have people like I used to be. If someone REALLY wants to hide it, they'll do it no matter what.

• Brohoof 1

Hello reader,

I was wondering, How do you fgure out a Brony/Pegasister in hiding? I'm wondering this because I have a girlfriend that uses tumblr a lot, when every I see her tumblr wall (if that it's what it's called) I see a a few Ponies here and there. It's got me wondering if she's a fan or not.

I thought to myself that she could be following (if that's what it's called) a person who is a fan and s/he is reblogging (if that's what it's called) pictures of ponies. However, she only follows people if she likes they reblogs/pictures, but knowing her, she isn't really the type who watches ponies.

Some of you may say "why not ask her?", but I'm trying to hide my interest as much as possible, and will only reveal myself if I have sufficient evidence.

So, how do you weed out a brony?

Point them out and say "Those look cute. What are they from?" If she says I don't know, she's probably not a fan. If she explains in detail, she probably is.

I just drop references and quotes all over the place. Just a few "I just don't know what went wrong"s and a couple eeyups later, one brony weeded out. A good line to use when you are 95% convinced is when they're looking at pictures of ponies, lean over and say with a big cheesy grin on your face, "now that is what I'd consider to be a real rarity!"

If they're not a brony, they won't think anything of it. If they are a brony, they'll likely give you this reaction:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6k35aKeaKco

Edited by Celtore

This is from past experience.

Two of my none brony friends were over and we were using my computer. I had a tab for this site up, and the site was on the main screen.

When it is, the tab reads "My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic Brony Forums"

They now know I'm a brony.

That's one way. Just wait for them to slip up.

Well if I'm curious enough I just asked. Cuz let me tell you there's no reason to be ashamed to be a brony. I decided to ask one of my friends out of the blue if he was a brony, he said kind of, but then I found out he never actually watched the show so I've been trying to get him to join the herd.

(edited)

Well if I'm curious enough I just asked. Cuz let me tell you there's no reason to be ashamed to be a brony. I decided to ask one of my friends out of the blue if he was a brony, he said kind of, but then I found out he never actually watched the show so I've been trying to get him to join the herd.

I know, It does seem like a simple solution. However, I have a bit of a social status. It's something I've built up quite a bit and i kinda don't want to throw it all away. There is that slight chance that they will accept it, but that's a risk I'm not willing to take.

Oh and guys, I've thrown in a few quotes and well... I made her hand flinch when I said them, we were writing up notes and i made her stuff up her notes. It was quite hilarious. I really hope that she was reacting and just didn't have a twitchy hand today.

Edited by Frozen Rose

I know, It does seem like a simple solution. However, I have a bit of a social status. It's something I've built up quite a bit and i kinda don't want to throw it all away. There is that slight chance that they will accept it, but that's a risk I'm not willing to take.

Oh and guys, I've thrown in a few quotes and well... I made her hand flinch when I said them, we were writing up notes and i made her stuff up her notes. It was quite hilarious. I really hope that she was reacting and just didn't have a twitchy hand today.

Have you considered using your 'social status' to  recruit more fillies into the herd? A great way to ease them into the show would be to show them a clip or two from the show on youtube, just to highlight some of the shows best moments. I recommended showing them fluttershy's yey video and if like that show them more or just point out that all the episode are available on youtube.

The method is especially effective because if they have a visceral negative reaction to it (some people might but most people probably wouldn't) you always have an out and could just say 'yeah i've never actually seen the show I just think this is funny'.

Have you considered using your 'social status' to  recruit more fillies into the herd? A great way to ease them into the show would be to show them a clip or two from the show on youtube, just to highlight some of the shows best moments. I recommended showing them fluttershy's yey video and if like that show them more or just point out that all the episode are available on youtube.

The method is especially effective because if they have a visceral negative reaction to it (some people might but most people probably wouldn't) you always have an out and could just say 'yeah i've never actually seen the show I just think this is funny'.

I actually have considered doing that. I tried sending a handful of selected people clips of pinkies randomness and flutter's cuteness (to the appropriate people). When I sent it to them I pretended to be a jokey about it. However, so far I have no results. (unless I created in closet bronies such as myself.)

Let me tell you a story.

A few months ago in April, I was put in a group with three others for a project for history class. When we met with each other after the groups were made, one of them said something like "Let's hope we can get this done for next week."

Then I said "Next week? Don't worry, we can do this project in ten seconds flat." They didn't get the joke, but they said I should make a motivational poster with that sentence on it. Then I said "I want it now!" and they just laughed and the more serious person in my group ended the sarcasm by saying "Let's quit foaling around and get this done."

That was when I was confused.

Edited by FallingBrony