Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

request shop Dil's requests (Closed)

Dilarus

Ha! "Need to improve your game" my butt! That would imply that you had room to improve! Every single one of these sketches is incredible! Im half tempted to throw my name in the hat. I may wait a while for you to catch up with the other request first. I imagine seeing the requests flood in is a bit overwhelming. 

Keep up the good work! ^_^

• Replies 352
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

oooh, humans too? could i be allowed to request a human version of my ponysona, Viscra Maelstrom? references are here:

http://i.imgur.com/XSH53N1.png

http://i.imgur.com/kbAlQ.png

http://i.imgur.com/JTB1m.png

okay, so, this is going to be quite long, just a disclaimer here. i'll post everything in a spoiler for convenience sake. if you think it's too long and don't wanna read it/have the time to read it, then tell me.

Viscra's first of all a musician, specifically an electronic music producer.
it's a main part of her life, and she listens to, and buys, a lot of music. it's not uncommon for her to get tempted into buying a bunch of CDs with good music on them, and she could sit down in a thrift store, going through all the records they have there.

i've not quite decided how she'd look like as a human. her hair should be identical to the references (long, flowing and purple), and her body-form be similar, too (slightly chubby; not enough to be considered fat, but some more kilos than what would be considered skinny). her eyes of course being brown, and skin-tone is white.

she wears glasses similar to that of Vinyl Scratch, except the colour is a bit different. the reason for this is that she feels more confident when her eyes are obscured to strangers; only close people like her husband she'd take off them and show her eyes. she does have a vision inpairment, and the lenses of the glasses are made to make her able to see, whilst obscuring her eyes.

she's not much for flashy clothing in general. she does have an interest in wearing fashion-y clothing, but when walking around the house, she's just fine wearing a t-shirt and skirt, whilst often not brushing her hair unless she needs to go somewhere.

she's grown a bit more confident over the years, but is still shy at nature. not on the scale of Fluttershy levels, but more like, uncertainty in speaking to some people, awkward when she's doing a few things and being spotted.
like, she does get the urge to get loose to the music quite often, but she's only mostly confident in doing it alone, or with people she trust deeply. should anyone walk into the room when she's doing this, she'd get terribly awkward and stop doing it, trying to come up with some excuse as to why she was doing it. something like that.

lastly, she does have an interest in video games, and has led her to do some rather strange antics as a result (hitting the laptop screen in frustration when playing certain RPGs, tearing up when things not going her way, narrating her own game experience...). this could be something to consider as part of her personality, yes?

anyway, that's what i can come up about Viscra that could help with the drawing process, perhaps. let me know if there's any more info i need to tell, or if something's unclear. :3

@

Whaddaya know, I can work with colour.

There's a story behind this one. I wanted to make something nice for Aiden but I just kept failing with the sketches. I had a brain crash and stared at the little guy and my mind went to Beat from Jet Set Radio, one of my all-time favorite video games (musta been the headphones).

post-18085-0-47219200-1378855289_thumb.jpg

I sent Aiden's owner a PM and asked if he would give me permission to roll with the idea of turning Aiden into an Aiden-Beat hybrid and he gave me the green light. I drew this on my first attempt. When lightning strikes it really strikes!

I'm ecstatically proud to present to you a very special little Jet Set Pony. This little music-lover may have his pensive moments but when he gets the urge he's an unstoppable machine of artistic flair, it's Aiden!

\/ Click spoiler \/

post-18085-0-10531200-1378855513_thumb.jpg

☆*:.。. o(≧▽≦)o .。.:*☆

xxx With love to Lugia for their patience and for lending me Aiden xxx

Yes, I used the spoiler for dramatic effect.

Edited by Dilarus

@

Whaddaya know, I can work with colour.

There's a story behind this one. I wanted to make something nice for Aiden but I just kept failing with the sketches. I had a brain crash and stared at the little guy and my mind went to Beat from Jet Set Radio, one of my all-time favorite video games (musta been the headphones).

attachicon.giftumblr_m6uuhqkHdR1qf65y9.jpg

I sent Aiden's owner a PM and asked if he would give me permission to roll with the idea of turning Aiden into an Aiden-Beat hybrid and he gave me the green light. I drew this on my first attempt. When lightning strikes it really strikes!

I'm ecstatically proud to present to you a very special little Jet Set Pony. This little music-lover may have his pensive moments but when he gets the urge he's an unstoppable machine of artistic flair, it's Aiden!

/ Click spoiler /

attachicon.gifAiden-Beat final.jpg

?*:.?. o(???)o .?.:*?

xxx With love to Lugia for their patience and for lending me Aiden xxx

Yes, I used the spoiler for dramatic effect.

Oh god.....that is brilliant.

Truly am at a loss for words as to how to describe this. Giddy, would probably be the word to describe the emotions.

It's just epic, to put it simply. Thanks ^_^

well, i guess if your doing requests and are able to wade your way through the pile of requests you have and draw some stuff of my OC i guess that'd be cool.

I guess you can draw some of this OC. I feel like she needs some love ;p.

post-7861-0-82611100-1377924616_thumb.png

Heres a pony creator image, tell me if you need extra references.

Not totally decided on the personality for her frankly, but i'll try and give it a go.

First of all her talent lies in music, she does all kinds of different instruments, but her main instrument is flute, and she also sings.

She is an upbeat individual for the most part, and a very loving caring mare, she can also get quite hyped up when she starts having fun. Leans to the more outgoing side but around rooms of strangers can be a bit shy. 

She while normally upbeat and happy, can also be sensitive, and while shes caring for others sometimes she could use some care herself.

I might have to use that as her actual personality once i finish her character page.

Anyways, hopefully that works. I hope you get a chance to if you can do some drawings of her.

Thank you! Your artwork is very awesome! Your a great artist! Much better then me ;p.

Oh man, I absolutely love the sketches you've done so far!  Would you be willing to do one of Scooterlou, my OC?  I've attached a picture of her.  Scooterlou's a sassy girl who loves to ride scooters, and her cutie mark is, haha, a scooter - http://clipartist.info/SVG/CLIPARTIST.ORG/VESPA/vespa_1957-1969px.png could be a good reference image for that.   :D

post-19529-0-79156600-1378856606_thumb.png

Oh god.....that is brilliant.

Truly am at a loss for words as to how to describe this. Giddy, would probably be the word to describe the emotions.

It's just epic, to put it simply. Thanks ^_^

Vinyl Scratch ain't got sh*t on Aiden.

Hmmmm....I'll give you something for you to try out (I was gonna ask for something not pony, but you know...logic) why don't you try ponifying the perfect, immortal machine? ;)

I think you might wanna dumb down that request for me, I have no idea what you're talking about. The only immortal machine I know of is my old Nokia 3210 phone, you could drop a bomb on that thing.

I can ponify my old Nokia 3210 if you want?

I think you might wanna dumb down that request for me, I have no idea what you're talking about. The only immortal machine I know of is my old Nokia 3210 phone, you could drop a bomb on that thing.

I meant Shodan, I was hoping you'd kind of get it by looking at the quote on my sig. But I guess my joke was...TO NO AVAIL 

But yeah, I meant to ponify Shodan :P

Ha! "Need to improve your game" my butt! That would imply that you had room to improve! Every single one of these sketches is incredible! Im half tempted to throw my name in the hat. I may wait a while for you to catch up with the other request first. I imagine seeing the requests flood in is a bit overwhelming. 

Keep up the good work! ^_^

If you don't get your request in, I might never get around to it at this rate O_o

I need to hire an assistant :\ or a barista.

@, apologies, I'm dead tired lol

I have recently discovered that my and your good friend Inclement Blitz was in a rather nasty crash and had to take the day off to recuperate. I drew this for her and with her permission I am sharing it here. Let's all wish her a speedy recovery!

post-18085-0-72356000-1378858350_thumb.jpg

And yes, I did call the piece "Inclement Crash", I said I was concerned, not tactful.

Edited by Dilarus

If you don't get your request in, I might never get around to it at this rate O_o

Well, in that case...

photo-3585.jpg?_r=1376238707

This is the only reference I have, its the same as the one in my User pic XP. He is my Ponysona/OC. He is a pegasus pony, who tends to be a bit of a trouble maker. Think if Pinkie Pie had internet access. 

If you get a chance to do something with it, go nuts! I dont have a lot of art of this guy, so I have nothing to compare to :P

Could you do a sketch of Light Streak for me? His pose could be a battle stance with a smirk, and his picture and page are in my signature. And can you put the TARDIS from Doctor Who in the background? Also, put "Never give into the lies of darkness, but stay focused on the light." on the bottom. If you can do this for me, it would mean a lot! Thanks! :)

Edited by super2379

@

This enigmatic pony found a hidden tome in the Everfree Forest and has been studiously teaching himself the secrets of magic without being a Unicorn. Underestimated freedom fighter, it's Swift Star!

post-18085-0-85408400-1378864264_thumb.jpg

I rather enjoyed working with this guy, his hair reminded me of Yu Gi Oh so I gave him a slight anime flavour. I feel like this guy has a lot of hidden potential and you have to admire someone working that hard to achieve the impossible (hits a little close to home for me)

Edited by Dilarus

@@Rough Pathway,

She may have learned to be more assertive when the situation calls for it, but occasionally she does get startled, it's Fluttershy!

post-18085-0-23136500-1378867123_thumb.jpg

I always get super nervous when drawing the CMC or Mane6 since they're so well-known that any mistake will stick out like a sore thumb. It's like an amateur filmmaker being told to work with Tom Hanks! Pressure! /( >3<*)\

Anyways, I hope this little homage can do the ol' girl justice.

@@drawingpandapony OMG PIKA PONY! SO CUTE! Can I draw that too?

@@Bolero Ironside,

Could you tell me a little about your OC? What are they like, do they have hobbies or any personality quirks? What's the armour all about?

@@Charcoal Embers,

This shy little mare built her own house when she was just a little filly and earned herself a blueprint beauty mark. A sad past but a bright future, it's Charcoal Embers!

post-18085-0-41519600-1378907789_thumb.jpg

I hope she looks cute and embarrassed enough for you, she's a very special little OC and I'm rooting for her!

Also, just thought I'd upload this updated Jet Set Pony, I added a thick black outline to give it that authentic cel-shaded appearance and to make it pop out a bit more.

post-18085-0-88550900-1378907996_thumb.jpg

@@Medic,

He may have some odd fashion choices but in the snow he's really in his element, it's Blue Arctic!

post-18085-0-73893200-1378920051_thumb.jpg

post-18085-0-24842300-1378920063_thumb.jpg

I think he's a handsome guy beneath all the accessories. Kinda worried about what happened to the tips of his ears, lost a fight with a weed whacker? Interestingly this was my first ever attempt at Luna, next up will be my first Celestia!

I don't even like the alicorns, god like power must be SUCH a burden.

I would love it if you could make something with Princess Celestia and Sweetie Belle please, if you get the time to anyway. If not its all good. Thank you BTW

For you, Princess, anything.

I call this one "Celestia sings", I think I caught your complexion quite nicely, your highness.

post-18085-0-81998800-1378923031_thumb.jpg

Don't mind Sweetie Belle, I'm sure she just left something in the oven.

@,

Okay Vis, I am not proud of these ones but I thought I'd better upload it to show everyone that I'm crap occasionally.

post-18085-0-68319400-1378927527_thumb.jpg

So I was drawing a bit here and a bit there and the spark wasn't coming, I knew she was a music lover but couldn't portray that the way I wanted to. I love your pony's markings and tried to get that across but with the way I use cross hatching to shade it didn't look right.

Now, there's a reason why I chose to draw ponies and that's because they're simpler than humans. Yes their anatomy is tricky but you don't have to deal with a myriad of adornments humans give themselves and a human's proportions are more, shall we say, intricate. We see humans everyday so when one looks slightly off we pick up on it.

So after I drew these I looked at them and thought "I need to do better" I need to deconstruct humans into their base shapes the way I do ponies, so I drew this next and I hope it's to your liking because this is what I imagine Viscera to look like as a human.

An energetic music lover who lets herself go when the beat is coursing through her, it's Viscera Maelstrom!

V Click me V

post-18085-0-95428600-1378927922_thumb.jpg

Disclaimer: I know NOTHING about women's fashion, I just find boots sexy ;D

No markings this time, but I just had to add a tail :3 There's a few things I can see I messed up on but for the most part I think I did well, this is my FIRST time drawing such an energetic pose for a human in such detail but I'd still like your critique, everyone.

Edited by Dilarus

@@Dilarus

Yes, I love it thank you. Though I also have to thank you for reminding me that Charcoal isn't able to fly very well. But she is just so adorable, the only thing that could make it better is if it had color. I just wish I could do this half as good as you can. And again, thank you for making her look so adorable.

@@Charcoal Embers, Thanks, I'm glad you like it

Whilst, I agree a few of my pics would be improved with the addition of colour, I simply don't have the time or the confidence to colour all of my sketches. Yes, I made an exception for my Jet Set Pony but trust me, the colouring took three times longer than the lineart did and I literally had to eye-dropper all of the colours from Aiden's reference pic, I just don't have an eye for colours.

That said, if ANYONE wants to colour ANY of my sketches please, please, feel free. Just so long as I'm credited I have no problem with people colouring my work, it's always an honour for someone to find my work worthy of their time and effort. I keep all of the photoshop files for my pics so you just have to ask if you want them.

@@Dilarus

Oh and by the way. In the introduction before the sketches of Charcoal auto-correct replaced cutie with beauty. At least I hope it is auto-correct.

Nope that was just me being dense, although c'mon, "cutie mark" is obviously a pun on "beauty mark", just like everything in My Little Pony is either a pun or a visual pun.

Sisterhooves, Timber Wolves, Appleoosa, Filly delphia, CANTERLOT, Mayor Mare, the entire apple family the list goes on. I don't dislike the puns, some are very clever but theyre sewn into the very fabric of Equestria (even the name Equestria is a pun.)

I would change it back to cutie mark but then this post wouldn't make sense lol.

Nope that was just me being dense, although c'mon, "cutie mark" is obviously a pun on "beauty mark", just like everything in My Little Pony is either a pun or a visual pun.

"cutie mark" is obviously a pun on "beauty mark"

is obviously a pun

a pun

. . . . . I think I need to go throw myself out of a 20th story window now . . . Im not sure what upsets me more, the pun, or the fact that it took me until now to notice it. 

. . . . . I think I need to go throw myself out of a 20th story window now . . . Im not sure what upsets me more, the pun, or the fact that it took me until now to notice it.

Mind if I come with you? I never knew it either until now. And I have to day I find it kind of stupid, and I'm not sure if I can live knowing it.

@@Medic,

He may have some odd fashion choices but in the snow he's really in his element, it's Blue Arctic!

attachicon.gifBlue Arctic 1.jpg

attachicon.gifBlue Arctic2.jpg

I think he's a handsome guy beneath all the accessories. Kinda worried about what happened to the tips of his ears, lost a fight with a weed whacker? Interestingly this was my first ever attempt at Luna, next up will be my first Celestia!

I don't even like the alicorns, god like power must be SUCH a burden.

Dude ..... DUDE, GIVE ME A HUG xD. Just kidding, it was better than I imagined, much better when I try to draw my character.He, actually cut the tip of the ears, because they was very large so he decided to make the ears small.

Anyway:

888.jpg

I was feeling very meh so I needed to do something to cheer myself up, it's usually this pic that does it;

post-18085-0-63347500-1378938123.jpg

But not this time, I had to break out the big guns. I derp'd Casy again.

I call it "Casy - Derp Hard"

post-18085-0-73971800-1378938072_thumb.jpg

MOAR PUNS!

There's something so damn satisfying about Derp'ing a beautiful pony.

@,

Twilight doesn't look so good, I think that last spell might have let some kind of being in...

post-18085-0-41041900-1378941417_thumb.jpg

What was I thinking? I had no idea what I was doing, this was my brain wandering.

@@Zygen, forgive me but, what's her name?

OKAY I've just seen that your OC is unnamed, that's such a shame. It also makes my little introductions a bit of a moot point.

post-18085-0-52837000-1378945879_thumb.jpg

If you'd let me suggest a name, I think Requiem would suit her nicely.

Edited by Dilarus

@@scooterlou,

Scooters. That's all it took and BAM! It hit me like a wet fish.

FLCL

Or as I should say Fooly *fuckin'* Cooly!

Here she is, an average scooter-loving pony or an alien searching the galaxy for a certain special power that takes a whack from a bass guitar to unlock? It's Scooterlou!

post-18085-0-40403900-1378953743_thumb.jpg

Firstly, a big thankyou to Scooterlou's owner for giving me the green light to do this!

It made me very happy to work on this <3

Secondly, I'm honestly very sorry but I couldn't bring myself to colour this, I just dont think I could do it justice, forgive me.

V Reference pic V

post-18085-0-11456300-1378953862_thumb.jpg

Oh, and if you don't know what FLCL is, get out of my thread. Just. Get out.

Or you can just educate yourself.

Edited by Dilarus