Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

request shop Dil's requests (Closed)

Dilarus

Ooo you have a really nice style. Love your sketches! Maybe could you draw Glacier? He's a musician/ mail-Pegasus.

You can do anything with him, I'd love to see what you'll come up with this OC :P

Some ref

use this as the mane colour ref

V

V

img-1823656-1-hello_there__by_kenniks-d6

In the Fallout Equestria world (Scarf ref)

img-1823656-2-a_new_pegasus_in_town_by_k

Cutie mark

img-1823656-3-4wvylHN.png

Thank you!

Who's that cool fellow? Racing across Equestria to deliver a singing telegram it's Glacier!

post-18085-0-15023900-1378682361_thumb.jpg

This took waaay longer than it should have, I'm really not used to colour lol

Can't say I see why the name Glacier, with the colour and his profession "Manila" comes to mind :P

No high score is safe from Beta! Tech Reel may be a computer genius but try as he might he just can't reach level ten of Super Manticore Bros, a fact Beta reminds him of daily.

post-18085-0-33625200-1378684097_thumb.jpg

I was gonna say "Pac Mare" but thought better of it.

First of all, Apologies to Casey Casy, when I see a beautiful, graceful character like this one I just GOTTA give em a Derp face! Takin' 'em down a notch, yeah!

Lol in all seriousness tho:

Who's that beauty gracing the skies with her silky smooth looks and gorgeous, flowing mane? They don't make 'em like this in Ponyville, it's Casey Casy!

post-18085-0-64456400-1378689645_thumb.jpg

I tried to mix it up a bit with my brush size, try to add a bit more detail here and there. She's a real looker that's for sure, and I couldn't resist giving her a soft (chewy) center.

Edited by Dilarus

• Replies 352
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Amazing detail on those arts!

Mind doing a sketch for me?

My OC is in the link under my signature, and the silver hoofs are outdated.

His profile is old and dated, but I can tell you he's a pretty calm and relaxed zen like pony that gets along with everyone he can, despite his somewhat serious and depressing looks at times.

Thank you so much!

No high score is safe from Beta! Tech Reel may be a computer genius but try as he might he just can't reach level ten of Super Manticore Bros, a fact Beta reminds him of daily.

attachicon.gifTech Reel & Beta.jpg

I was gonna say "Pac Mare" but thought better of it.

Wow, just wow...not only have you managed to bring my characters to life, but you simultaneously made pony video game puns...you are SO AWESOME :wub:  

Thanks again!

I'll be just requesting a sketch with Fluttershy in it, if thats alright with you. I have an oc but I don't really care about her much, sooo yeah. I need a new profile picture, anyway. I don't really care what pose shes in, so feel free to do whatever with her. By the way, I freaking love your art style! :D

Aargh! I misspelled Casy! I'll fix it quick before she notices  ( >.>)~m

Not only the derp face but I got her name wrong? 4shame sam 4shame

post-18085-0-76101600-1378689430_thumb.jpg

Also, here's Greyhawk again with a proper stallion muzzle :D

Edited by Dilarus

Some ponies struggle to keep up with Rainbow Dash's speed whilst others can't match Barberry's lightning quick intellect. A problem solver and quick to adapt, it's Barberry!

I wasn't really a fan of his floppy mane as it covered too much of his face (see top two pics) but add a bit of mousse and poof! Instant love machine.

I absolutely love it! You've taken his character and perfectly visualized it. And I love what you did with his mane. It's far better than that sketch I gave as a reference. Thank you so very much. 

Wow....woooooooow!!! What the...ahhh! Its so...WOOOOW O.O

Best... Morning... Ever!!!! XD

No, rly, that is awesome!!! Thank you soooo much!

And that derp face... :DDD lol xD i love it!!! I have to use it as my new icon :D Its marvelous!

Again, thank you very much <3

Who's that cool fellow? Racing across Equestria to deliver a singing telegram it's Glacier!

attachicon.gifGlacier.jpg

This took waaay longer than it should have, I'm really not used to colour lol

Can't say I see why the name Glacier, with the colour and his profession "Manila" comes to mind :P

Oh my god, that is AWESOME! I love your style and you seem pretty consistent at it. (Drawing ponies...you know)

This is probably the first time someone drew his mane correctly... xD

About his name, I don't really know why I chose that name. The name "Glacier Stripes" just came suddenly into my mind, lol. (Maybe because he was born in Frozen North? Hmm...)

Anyway, you did a great job. Keep up the amazing work ;3

Edited by Kenpony

Thanks so much to everyone for their kind words but I'm slowing down for a sec. I've made a few sketches I'm not particularly happy with and I'm gonna try to try a wider variety of poses so bear with me whilst I kick it up another notch but for now I need a breather (not you guys' fault, I just got so swept up drawing your fabulous OCs I've neglected getting my 8 hours each night)

This doesn't mean I'm stopping or not taking new requests, I'm just gonna read some Sherlock Holmes or play some video games this afternoon so I can pony-detox and come back to it with a fresh mind.

post-18085-0-11779600-1378744502.png

Batteries 0%

P.s. Here's my lazytime sketches. Moar Inclement Blitz! Yes, the adorable ponies get extra attention (also, I was at work and Blitz was the only pony I could recall enough of to sketch)

post-18085-0-30214600-1378744881_thumb.jpg

Attention all my very special someponies!

I now have a Tumblr account so please check it out and follow me and kick me when I don't update it.

Link is in the first post and also here

Hugs to all

x

Attention all! If you aren't happy with the sketches I drew, don't be shy! I'm here to IMPROVE and I cant do that if people don't point out my shortcomings! I'm happy to revisit ANY request if you aren't satisfied. Drop me a pm or post here and I'll see about revising!

I don't bite I swear

ᶘ ᵒᴥᵒᶅ

________________________________________________________________________________________

So as per my latest update, it has come to my attention that I may not be doing people's OCs justice and that just isn't right. (With some exceptions) All of your OCs are sparkling and wonderful and I want to try my very hardest to make sure you are happy with my depictions.

You see, I tend to rush things, both out of excitement and due to my having a somewhat erratic attention span so when I first drew Kaynah the Serpony I wasn't exactly spot-on with all of the details. I may have taken too many liberties as I was told very respectfully that Chigens and Kay wasn't happy with the sketch I made.

Now I'm a grown-up, being told I was wrong is part of life and this was entirely justified and I set about trying to draw something that really got to the heart of this unique OC. I'm not saying categorically that I achieved this but this was a step in the right direction and so, humbly, I give to you all once more;

post-18085-0-51831200-1378780978_thumb.jpg

Kaynah the Serpony

If I were in correspondence with Princess Celestia I'd probably write something a little like this;

Dear Princess Celestia,

Today I learned that since everypony is unique and wonderful in their own way, this must also count for their creations. Just because somepony is fictional doesn't mean they're any less important and you should always treat them with the same respect you would their creator.

Your faithful subject,

Dilarus

P.S. you're over 1000 years old, right? What were the dinosaurs like?

Now, if you'll excuse me I need sleee...

Edited by Dilarus

so im guessyou you either missed mine or ignored it :(

its okay either way... *sniffle* My post is on the first page i hope oyu might consider doing it.

I didn't miss or ignore it, I responded shortly afterwards, but I'll see what I can do for ya.

If someone could tell me how to mention someone without quoting their post it would help me direct my messages better :\

Highlight the text of given person and a little tool-bar should pop up, with quote, mention or cancel options.

Filler: Guess I'll be waiting a week or so to give you a lil' headache again~

Ok I'm back on requests again, still haven't caught up on my sleep deficit but meh sleep's for quitters.

@@Arcanel, Yours is next dude, hopefully I can make something worthy of this special little pegasus.

@@Arcanel

Here we are then,

I felt the sketches were a bit hit-and-miss so I took the time to digitize one I felt was a hit, but please if they aren't what you wanted just hit me up and I'll work extra hard for ya.

And so without further ado;

This spirited flyer may have his head in the clouds but his heart is pure as the driven snow, it's Arcanel!

post-18085-0-48772800-1378835292_thumb.jpg

Check spoiler for the sketches

post-18085-0-40125500-1378835336_thumb.jpg

post-18085-0-49175900-1378835354_thumb.jpg

Ok I'm back on requests again, still haven't caught up on my sleep deficit but meh sleep's for quitters.

@@Arcanel, Yours is next dude, hopefully I can make something worthy of this special little pegasus.

Great to hear that! :D Also, if at least one of the sketches involves Arcanel in a suit, it would be great but... I already asked for enough so, do whatever you want :) Though, if you need sleep, sleep Dil. I have no idea how art works when in sleepdrunk state, but I'm pretty sure one works best WITHOUT that state XD.

And, if there was someone before like Bolero, if you want, start with them instead, to be fair. I can wait.  :)

Edited by Arcanel

Exuberance doesn't necessarily go hand-in-hand with science but this guy has managed to wing it, it's Wing!

post-18085-0-61655400-1378840000_thumb.jpg

I kinda played up the scientist side a bit, afterall who doesn't enjoy playing god? I think I managed to stay close to the originals. I'm getting the hang of the squared muzzles a bit now too, thankfully.

P.S. managed to sneak Arcanel in there too

Edited by Dilarus

This spirited flyer may have his head in the clouds but his heart is pure as the driven snow, it's Arcanel!

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE! :wub: I totally love this Dil! I absolutely adore it! :D Ummm... I don't think I have enough words to express my gratitude either. So, just imagine lots of "Thank you" copy/pasted in this post. But that said, thank you very, very much Dil. Your art is very awesome, and if this is still progressing, then your art will become supreme :)

Edited by Arcanel

Exuberance doesn't necessarily go hand-in-hand with science but this guy has managed to wing it, it's Wing!

attachicon.gifWing.jpg

I kinda played up the scientist side a bit, afterall who doesn't enjoy playing god? I think I managed to stay close to the originals. I'm getting the hang of the squared muzzles a bit now too, thankfully.

P.S. managed to sneak Arcanel in there too

Your babies... lol I want them. This is amazing. Thank you. :) And... as Arcy is a usual presence in my lab of pony doom. :P This is completely appropriate. In fact, he was a special guest on Physics with Wing. X3

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE! :wub: I totally love this Dil! I absolutely adore it! :D Ummm... I don't think I have enough words to express my gratitude either. So, just imagine lots of "Thank you" copy/pasted in this post. But that said, thank you very, very much Dil. Your art is very awesome, and if this is still progressing, then your art will become supreme :)

I'm so glad you like it, I've had a bit of a crisis of confidence on and off with my drawing. It's a long road but I want to keep on trying and be the best artist I can be.

Hugs x

And Wing, sorry but my babies are reserved for a certain chubby goddess <3

Edited by Dilarus

Well, as it is the first time I make a request, don't really know how it works so let's try:
If it is not too much for you, I would like to do my OC, Blue Arctic, here's a picture of him that I did in the Pony Creator:66kqxt.jpg
And the cutie mark is a ice blade, like this one:k9nc8.jpg

I'm so glad you like it, I've had a bit of a crisis of confidence on and off with my drawing. It's a long road but I want to keep on trying and be the best artist I can be.

Hugs x

And Wing, sorry but my babies are reserved for a certain chubby goddess <3

This is acceptable... but only this time, only this time. Thanks again for doing this, it was quite nice of you to do. I appreciate it. :)

Well, as it is the first time I make a request, don't really know how it works so let's try:
If it is not too much for you, I would like to do my OC, Blue Arctic

Hi dude, thanks for requesting but I think your OC is a bit overdone, too many accessories and gradients for me to take him seriously, I could draw him without all of the extras? Also, you gotta tell me a little about him too, what's he like?

I hope you don't think I'm being a snob, but I look at an OC and ask myself "Can I make them look good?" and if the answer is "no" then I have to turn them down.

Edited by Dilarus

Never feel your art is bad, because trust me, it is not, and even if you think so yourself, then as you're doing, keep practicing until you feel good with the art. But I think I will not be the only one to praise your art my friend.  ;)

Hi dude, thanks for requesting but I think your OC is a bit overdone, too many accessories and gradients for me to take him seriously, I could draw him without all of the extras? Also, you gotta tell me a little about him too, what's he like?

I hope you don't think I'm being a snob, but I look at an OC and ask myself "Can I make them look good?" and if the answer is "no" then I have to turn them down.

I just put that accessories not to get empty, but he doesn't use these things.

If you want to remove it, would be good for both you and for me ;A; just do you best  :yay: 

@Edit

He is tall, almost the size of Celestia, has a gradient color on the legs (I think you can see from the picture) and very fond of winter because of snow

Edited by Medic