• Cindy Morrow
    • Meghan McCarthy
    • Chris Savino
    • Charlotte Fullerton
    • M.A. Larson
    • Dave Polsky
    • Merriwether Williams
    • Corey Powell
  2. 2. Who is your least favourite writer for My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic?

• Lauren Faust
    • Amy Keating Rogers
    • Cindy Morrow
    • Meghan McCarthy
    • Chris Savino
    • Charlotte Fullerton
    • M.A Larson
    • Dave Polsky
    • Merriwether Williams
    • Corey Powell

M.A Larson looks to be the writer of most of my favorite episodes! Some of my other favorites are mostly a mix.

I got nothing to say on the worst, since my least favorite episodes are not just 1 person.

• Brohoof 1

I couldn't vote because I couldn't decide. Too many episodes I consider first-rate were written by too many different writers.

I couldn't pick a "worst writer" for the same reason. They're all quite good, in my opinion.

• Brohoof 1

as best i say Meghan McCarthy when it comes to driving Ponies to insanity (Party of one, Lesson Zero) there is no one better

as Worst is say Merriwether Williams because the Mysterious Mare do well was the Worst Episode for me as of now and as good as Hearts Warming Eve was it dosen't hide it

• 10 months later...

We all have our favourite episodes and characters, but I think we should have a poll for our favourite writers. These are the people that have given the skeleton for every single episode, and made the series be as it is today. Vote for your favourite episode writer here.

All discussion about the writers is welcomed - when you vote, perhaps post a bit about what your favourite writer has done for you, and how much they've contributed to the shaping of My Little Pony into the brilliant show that we all love. Try not to vote for a certain writer just because they wrote your favourite episode - take into account every episode that they've written, their style of writing, and whether other writers have more episodes that you like.

The following writers wrote the following episodes:

Lauren Faust

- Friendship is Magic Part 1
- Friendship is Magic Part 2
- The Ticket Master (with Amy Keating Rogers)

Amy Keating Rogers

- The Ticket Master (with Lauren Faust)
- Applebuck Season
- Bridle Gossip
- Fallweather Friends
- A Dog and Pony Show
- The Best Night Ever
- The Cutie Pox
- The Last Roundup
- A Friend in Deed
- MMMystery on the Friendship Express

Cindy Morrow

- Griffon the Brush Off
- Winter Wrap Up
- The Show Stoppers
- Owl's Well That Ends Well
- Sisterhooves Social
- Family Appreciation Day
- Read It and Weep
- Hurricane Fluttershy
- One Bad Apple
- Apple Family Reunion

Meghan McCarthy

- Dragonshy
- Call of the Cutie
- Green Isn't Your Colour
- Party of One
- Lesson Zero
- Sweet and Elite
- Hearts and Hooves Day
- A Canterlot Wedding Part 1 & Part 2
- The Crystal Empire Part 1 & Part 2

Chris Savino

- Boast Busters
- The Stare Master

Charlotte Fullerton

- Look Before You Sleep
- Suited for Success
- A Bird in the Hoof
- May the Best Pet Win
- Baby Cakes
- Putting Your Hoof Down (with Merriwether Williams)

M.A. Larson

- Swarm of the Century
- Sonic Rainboom
- The Cutie Mark Chronicles
- The Return of Harmony Part 1 & Part 2
- Luna Eclipsed
- Secret of My Excess
- The Super Speedy Cider Squeezy 6000
- It's About Time
- Ponyville Confidential
- Magic Duel

Dave Polsky

- Feeling Pinkie Keen
- Over A Barrel
- Too Many Pinkie Pies
- Spike At Your Service (with Merriwether Williams)
- Keep Calm and Flutter On

Merriwether Williams

- The Mysterious Mare-Do-Well
- Hearth Warming's Eve
- Putting Your Hoof Down (with Charlotte Fullerton)
- Dragon Quest
- Wonderbolt Academy
- Spike At Your Service (with Dave Polsky)

Corey Powell

- Sleepless in Ponyville
- Just For Sidekicks

My vote personally goes for...

Meghan McCarthy, for writing the two finales that kept the series afloat after two amazing seasons, which created the most brilliant transition between Series 2 and Series 3. Both finales did as they should - they showed each pony's character in great fidelity, and entwined each of them into a heartfelt and true-to-roots adventure. Her episodes also take the characters to levels we've never seen before, testing them against unfamiliar situations, giving us loads more reasons for appreciation and debate that makes us so prominent as a community - it's apparent in Dragonshy, Lesson Zero, Party of One and Sweet & Elite.

Have fun! (\
Edited by Flipturn
  • Brohoof 2

After powering through seasons one and two a while back I looked back at who wrote each episode and came to the conclusion that M.A Larson's episodes were just about always amazing, so I voted for him. Corey Powell might take his spot if she puts out a few more episodes as good as Sleepless in Ponyville though.

So yeah, for now M.A Larson.

• Brohoof 2

Amy Keating Rogers is just a fantastic writer. She's written half of my favorite episodes and I just love her characterization. Keep up the great work, Amy!

M.A. Larson and Cindy Morrow take 2nd and 3rd. Larson's a bastion of quality and while Morrow is up and down, her ups go very high indeed.

Edited by TailsAlone

Season 1: MA Larson

Season 2: Cindy Morrow

Season 3: Either Corey Powell or Merriwether Williams

Overall? Probably Cindy Morrow

Edited by Megas75
  • Brohoof 1

M. A. Larson wrote my favorite episode of all time (Sonic Rainboom), and with the exception of It's About Time, I've found all of his other episodes to be great as well. Meghan McCarthy is second for her wonderful work in the two parters and the two famous episodes that involve ponies losing their minds.

• Brohoof 1

Megan and Larson have written some of my favorite episodes. Though if Corey Powell's first performance is her norm then we defiantly have an excellent new addition to the team. Though it seems good to mention that in general MLP has an excellent staff of writers who are very receptive to the fanbase. 

I guess hmmmmmm MA Larson.... No Megan......No ummmmm Amy yes, but Cindy wrote good episodes tOo. I guess I will have to quote Twilight as I CANT DECIDE!!! 

• Brohoof 1

On one hoof, my honest favorite is Cindy Morrow. She always writes episodes that feel intimate and (usually) emotional, and just keeps getting better and better. Love the way she writes Rainbow Dash.

On the other hoof, I really want to say Merriwether Williams, because she's way better than anyone gives her credit for and she's a close second. I love that she shows the darker side of ponies, and is one of my favorite writers for Applejack.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1NRcFVvM6Zo

(I voted for Cindy Morrow, by the way, but Merriwether sure does look lonely there with no votes...)

Edited by Stellafera
  • Brohoof 3

Poor Corey. Hopefully their votes will increase the more episodes they've done.

In a general sense, Larson. He's done tons of the better eps, including Return of Harmony. Powell's second on my list simply for making Scootalove canon.

• Brohoof 1

I chose Larson because I realized that he made a lot of my favorites episodes, including Return of Harmony.  Though, Cindy Morrow wrote One Bad Apple and Hurricane Fluttershy, two of my favorite episodes and all her others are pretty good so she is second.  For third, I would say Williams.  Except for Mysterious Mare Do Well, her episodes were really cool with almost all of them figuring in my top ten.

• Brohoof 3

My list would have to go like this:

1. M.A Larson - Liked most of the episodes written by him.

2. Meghan McCarthy - Liked the darkness she added within the changeling and Crystal Empire arcs.

3. Amy Keating Rogers - I liked some of these episodes, but like 50/50, at least.

I guess whoever wrote Too Many Pinkie Pies. However, I don't know what other episodes (s)he's written. Also, whoever wrote Lesson Zero and Ticket Master. I'll vote once I find out their names.

I voted for McCarthy. I would've voted Polsky as well, but I could only vote once.

Edited by Betez

• 4 weeks later...

Simple enough.  Which writer do you feel is the best?  Lauren Faust is on there but remember that the only episodes she is actually credited with writing are the first three.

Edited by ~Tom the Neutral~
  • Brohoof 1

Who wrote Party of One? It's by far my favorite episode, although Sweet and Elite is very close behind. The person that wrote Party of One gets my vote, no doubt

Nevermind, looks like Megan Mcarthy wrote both episodes

Edited by Soundgarden