Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Think we'll ever have anything past alicorn?

FNGRpony

This is mostly a question for all the pessimists that think it's one big giant cash grab.

Do you think twilight will puff a second horn, or a second set of wings, or a dragon form,

or a changeling form,

or a beard (LOL) like star swirl (that would be hysterical for a abridged series to keep her in a beard the whole time).

Just imagine it Trixie after spending all of season 4 finally becomes a Alicorn princess and bam,

twilight Sparkle becomes that which surpasses a Alicorn princess.

the transformation brought on by twilight sparkle learning the power of friend ship and family this time

so for season 5 trixie naturally goes and gets her own family.

only to find out twilght sparkle has evolved again

lets call this new form Alicorn 2.0

by discovering the power of tolerance?  I mean after luna eclipsed and bridal gossip their still working on that lol.

just think season 5 could take place in zecora's home land.

Edited by DashForever

LOL, no, I do not believe Twily will ever go past Alicorn stage. I don't think that would even be possible though. She might get some promotions as a princess, maybe even be given alternative crown, but nothing more than that. She's given enough honor already.

You mean make it like Dragon Ball Z and have endless, more powerful, versions of the last (thought to be most powerful) power-up lol? An Aliffon maybe... Part Alicorn part Griffon :P I don't think so. If she did Celestia's pay grade would drop like crazy and it'd sort of take away from her importance. Even if she never actually does anything. 

• Brohoof 2

This concept worked in Dragon Ball Z for a while but this isn't DBZ last time I checked the way twilicorn has gone down so far it sounds like a really bad fanfic except you can't say "at least this isn't cannon" and at least twilicorn itself has a chance of actually working. But this would be almost like a repeat of G3 where they made everypony a princess because whats her face was lonely. I seriously laughed my ass off when I found out about that.

Yes.

In the next stage of her ascension She'll grow two extra horns, her wings will become those of butterflies and she'll be able to fire red death lasers out of her eyes. Oh, and she'll also gain the head of a Tyrannosaurus.

Because that's what the magic of friendship is all about. Right?

• Brohoof 3

LOL, no, I do not believe Twily will ever go past Alicorn stage. I don't think that would even be possible though. She might get some promotions as a princess, maybe even be given alternative crown, but nothing more than that. She's given enough honor already.

I was waiting for someone to appreciate the humor.  I mean seriously if it's all about the toys why not have super action alicorn 2.0 twilight sparkle. 

You mean make it like Dragon Ball Z and have endless, more powerful, versions of the last (thought to be most powerful) power-up lol? An Aliffon maybe... Part Alicorn part Griffon tongue.png I don't think so. If she did Celestia's pay grade would drop like crazy and it'd sort of take away from her importance. Even if she never actually does anything. 

hay maybe that's what happened to discord?

he kept evolving and now he's this strange freak of nature after rising up in power to many times.

I think not. Since, the alicorns are basically the most powerful and only stage when it comes to the ascension of a unicorn. If there was something that is more powerful than a alicorn, then unicorns would have to become even more powerful than before.

I don't think that she'll go past Alicorn, however.

However, if there was something past Alicorn, I'd say it would be a god that can float around and can smite people with a simple click of the fingers.

I would imagine she would go Super Alicorn, and it would look like this, except with the wings:

Cropped_Animated_Twilight_Rapidash_S1E15

Maybe unbeknownst to us that was Hasbro hinting at another form for Twilight. Only as a unicorn it was unstable.

Seems legit :P

Seriously, though? Hmmm... probably not. Although it would be interesting.

• Brohoof 4

I highly doubt it. Twilight Sparkle has already been given another honor and power in the season 3 finale. She doesn't need to become any more powerful. This is exactly why I think the producers should've waiting till the very end of the series to make Twilight an alicorn. I mean it would've been just perfect. Perfect closure for Twilight. Oh well, I digress. 

On a little sidenote, I actually believe that there are two types of alicorns: the average ones who just possess a little more power than most of the average ponies(e.g. Twilight Sparkle, Princess Cadence, etc), and then the alicorn-like deities who can move and manipulate celestial bodies(e.g. Princess Luna, Princess Celestia).

Saying that there is a species of ponies higher and more divine than the two main alicorn rulers of Equestria, is like saying that there is a higher power than a omnipotent God(hypothetical or literal, depends on your belief). It just doesn't make sense. Princess Celestia and Luna are portrayed in the show as the highest of the highest in power over the land. There's no pony, no pony species of any kind that can surpass them in power. Any such idea conjured is highly unlikely to become cannon in the show.

So those are just some of things you have to considered here. 

I don't even fully understand why or how Twilight became an alicorn in the season finale. My best guess, is that due to her close relationship with Celestia as her personal student, she was bound to earn such a royal status eventually. Seeing how all the alicorns on the show are depicted as royal princesses, I'm guessing the transition to an alicorn comes with earning or achieving the ''rights to the throne.''

And that just goes for the average alicorns. I highly doubt there would be any way to achieve as much power and authority as the two sister princesses. They've been around since the beginning of Equestria. Not sure about the true origins or where they got all that divine power from, but it seems like it has been with them for most of their lives. Their power just seems to be more inherent than that of Princess Twilight Sparkle and Cadence.

So basically, Twilight Sparkle already earn her princess-ship and alicorn status. She does not need to "upgrade" any further. This is not DBZ. Princess Celestia and Luna are the most powerful species of alicorns. Celestia can move the freakin Sun for crying out loud! Luna can move the moon and all the stars! And it just wouldn't make any canonical sense if there was anything surpassing them in power.

Edited by Dsanders

I doubt there will ever be anything else. The most unlikely thing I can think of is having the Mane 6 turn into alicorns, which I hope never happens. But I can't really see Hasbro trying that hard to make something different from an alicorn. It's already difficult enough for them to justify Twilight becoming an alicorn.

me thinks alicorn is the final stage in pony evolution but it would appear that there are stages on how an alicorn develops which would explain the difference in design of Luna.

when she was fixed by the Elements of Harmony her look was simple similar to how cadance and twillight looks now but later on in the show she changed (although its apparent that its an art thing rather than a lore thing)which leads me to believe that the more powerful an alicorn gets the more they change and im assuming that Celestia will have 1 more change coming (probably turning into a God thus she cant rule Equestria anymore)

Well,

if you'll notice celestial and luna have super fabulous hair.  it's um etheral?  or something.

That tells me their's a second stage from candice and twilight alicorn.

kinda like their the ghetto version or poor mans version of alicorn princess.

(I mean twilight sparkle is the princess of the library after all).

• Brohoof 1

I don't think she will go past alicorn but possibly she could become a higher level of alicorn like celeastia and luna are not normal alicorns there a much higher level of alicorn.... maybe twilight could go beyond there level and be able to overthrow luna and celeastia and take over equastira.....

She will transcend time and space, fuse with the living avatar of Lauren Faust, and become omnipotent. The fandom will rage, ratings will drop, the show will get cancelled, and humanity will be wiped out by nuclear holocaust.

Something higher than Alicorn? DON'T EVEN THINK IT! The last thing I want personally is MLP turning into a shonen cliche where the protagonist develops new, absurd powers in order to beat new, absurd antagonists. If I know Hasbro, they will come up with something if they think it will sell, and I do not want something ridiculous like that entering the canon because Hasbro wanted to sell Superultamegatwilicornater. 

In truth I don't see it happening. Twi will likely become more knowledgeable and powerful, but I don't see another transformation happening to her.

• Brohoof 1

So basically, Twilight Sparkle already earn her princess-ship and alicorn status. She does not need to "upgrade" any further. This is not DBZ. Princess Celestia and Luna are the most powerful species of alicorns. Celestia can move the freakin Sun for crying out loud! Luna can move the moon and all the stars! And it just wouldn't make any canonical sense if there was anything surpassing them in power.

Celestia and Luna were surpassed 5 times, Demon Sunset, Discord, Elements of Harmony, Love Shield, and Chrysalis (powered up)

I doubt we'll get anything past alicorn but if we do, I'd squee. Super Alicorn, Super Alicorn 2 wub.png

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IrsXRYAhJHg

DBZ fanboys unite, they already gave us a nod with beam struggles and Demon(SSJ) Sunset.

To be honest, I think "past alicorn" would be what Celestia and Luna are right now where they are immortal or near immortal beings.  McCarthy has said that Twilight wouldn't outlive her friends, but that's not her call. In the end, it is Hasbro's decision; they pay the bills, thus it is their show with a small amount of atonomy, growing smaller and smaller imho, being granted to them.

On the true, OMG WHAT ARE YOU DOING STAHP HASBRO type of thing, they could do one or all of the following.

1. Twilight ascends for a second time.  She does what no other alicorn has done and basically has a second ascension where she becomes like Celestia with a flowing mane and tail of her own, bigger wings, bigger body, etc....

2. Twilight assumes control of all the elements.  It was her "destiny" to become a princess, but her "true" destiny was to become the princess of harmony/friendship and magic where she wields all the elements of harmony.  This would pretty much put the kabosh on the necessity of her friends since Twilight would have full control.  Though the ending had Celestia talk about Twilight embodies all the elements of harmony because she understands the aspects of friendship as a leader, it could very well mean the studious pony will assume full control of all loyalty, honesty, generosity, laughter, and kindness.

3. All of the above + Twilight gains some new power(s).  We were shown to believe that Twilight is the pony of magic and represented it.  Now that she is a princess, she could very well become an all powerful alicorn that ascends for a second time.  Because Twilight represents magic, she could learn Celestia's spell to raise/lower the sun, Luna's spell to control the stars moon, and maybe even learn the love spell from Cadence to take over her role, becoming one centralized figure where she's the only one that matters. 

These are all hypotheticals, but Hasbro pushing Twilight further and further into center stage makes me question what is going on.  Though S1 was about Twilight finding friends and understanding friendship, it was season 2 that solidified things where the show wasn't just about her but every pony else.  That could change with S4 being about "Princess Twilight" with S4E1&2 being aptly titled Princess Twilight. 

Sorry for the cynicism, but I just wait for S4 to be it or S5 to be titled Princess Twilight Sparkle: Magical Princess Adventures to accentuate the ascended unicorn's presence/existence in Equestria. 

• Brohoof 1