Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

what are some good stores in real life to buy Brony Stuff

HeroBrony

lately I have had trouble finding places that sell brony stuff in real life. I will go online if i need to but id rather go to a store.

In the past I've seen things in Walmart and Target but lately I cant find anything in them.  Does anypony know of good places that have brony besides hot topic, FYE, or Spencers?

Your best bet is to buy online, theres not much wrong with it. 

But if you insist on going in-store than I only know hot topic, sorry!

Edited by North Aura
  • Brohoof 1

Hm... This is a tough one.... Oh yeah Build a Bear workshop sells MLP plushies. They have RD, Pinkie Pie, and Fluttershy will be real eased somewhere in November. You could also try looking at Toys R Us XD probably a bit embarrassing but it's worth it :) They sometimes sell Brony stuff there.

I think that's all I can do to help.

• Brohoof 2

I live in a small town area so I can't really say, but I'm sure there are some stores that would sell some stuff in larger cities, but if you live in a bigger area you probably could find a local store that sells something.

• Brohoof 1

I buy all my stuff at hot topic they have a wide variety of cool and unique stuff and you dont have to be embarrassed about buying pony stuff there

Candy Blaze OMG I LOVE YOUR ICON :D

Thank you :P I love your icon too ^_^ Can't wait to see more Dashie and Scoots moments next season :D

• Brohoof 1

Hot Topic has some stuff.  But I'm sure you've already heard that.  Try checking stores like Barnes & Noble, I've found a wide verity of Pony things there.  Or maybe any other book store you can find (but not stores like HPB).  I've found most of my merch from Target, since my Wal-Mart really stinks.  But as everyone has said before, online is the best.

Also check local toy stores and comic book shops.  My local toy store carries every single Funko POP Vinyl figure, except the MLP ones, but look anyways!

probably a bit embarrassing

My local Toy's R Us started the whole "Let Toys Be Toys" thing.  So there really isn't a separation of toys anymore making it less embarrassing.  The MLP stuff is still with girl toys, but its all mixed into one big strand of toys for everyone.  Also my Target has all their MLP merch on the left of one isle, wile legos are on the other side.  So If you ever feel like looking for MLP, but are a little embarrassed, BOOM LEGOS!  And there aint no one who can judge you for buying LEGOs.

• Brohoof 2

Well the place I usually go is Hot Topic. You can find it in malls in a lot of places, but if they don't have stuff there I'd suppose ToysRUs or shopping online works as well.

• Brohoof 1

Look for small comic shops or places that sell miscellaneous collectibles and the like. It isn't a guaranteed bet, but every now and again you can find an unlikely gem. The main factor is what is local. There are no Hot Topics where I live, and I refuse to shop at Target or Wal-Mart based on personal principles. The best merch is the odd little gem in that nerdy little store nobody goes to, because those are the things targeted at the brony community.I have yet to hear a negative review about Build-a-Bear, but I don't own one myself (not until Fluttershy is available). Sadly. the better stuff is a bit pricey, but if it's worth it, go for it.

• Brohoof 1

If its like T-shirts that you want I could Recommend welovefine.com they have alot of different shirts and stuff, however the shipping takes a while especially if you live in Europe like me, but if you live in the US it shouldnt take too long. I havent received my first pony merch but im really looking forward to it.

• Brohoof 1

Yeah there aren't many places that sell stuff specifically for bronies, Hot Topic is literelly the only one I can think of. Other merch should be easy enough to find though, but if you want shirts or something the aforementioned Hot Topic or buying online seem to be the only ways to go.

Well i'm not exactly an expert... but i do know that hot topic is popular for that. However i don't have hot topics that near around so yeah.

i've seen things at walmart and target aswell, so either of those maybe. 

Other then that idk, it depends, online is always a good option.

• 3 years later...

Try Tesco extra. It sells almost as much as toys R us and you don't always have to go to a checkout and be embarrassed. you can use one of the self checkouts. try any locals supermarkets would be my advice.

On 6/6/2017 at 1:34 PM, Absentia_brony said:

Try Tesco extra. It sells almost as much as toys R us and you don't always have to go to a checkout and be embarrassed. you can use one of the self checkouts. try any locals supermarkets would be my advice.

Well, as far as I've seen lately, Wal-Mart is getting short on pony merch. Most are old stuff, and last time they are even on clearance. Until a few years ago, Hot Topic was great in selling ponies, but I haven't seen anything in a while. Toys R Us is still my top choice so far, but you may not find some toys like the McFlurry doll, which I had to order online

81GaRp5RSAL._SY355_.jpg

Hell, even comics are getting harder to come by lately 

I've also seen pony stuff on clearance at Wal-Mart. That's how I got a few of the figures on my desk, actually.

Anyway, to actually contribute to this thread (old as it is): I've seen good amounts of pony stuff at Wal-Mart and Target, although it's admittedly a small section of the store compared to what other franchises get, and shrinking if the clearance items are any indication. I also saw tons of pony stuff by the checkout at my local Fry's Electronics once, but that seemed to go away quickly (whether that's because everyone bought it or no-one bought it is for you to decide).

I have no qualms about shopping online; the VAST majority of the merch on my desk was bought on eBay. I've only had one experience where I didn't get my item, and even then eBay gave me a full refund with only minimal effort on my part. I've bought rare-ish stuff from as far away as Poland, and I live in the States!

As noted above, there is some pony stuff at walmart and Target. If there's an FYE (for your entertainment) outlet nearby, this is a good place to go check. Also, Toys r Us is another good place to look for merch. Hot Topic may have some merch as well. it's a matter of looking around through.