Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Background character in their own shows :D

Abbsterdash

Their own shows? Isn't that a bit much? I don't like the idea of the background characters having their own show. It might be a little nice to see maybe one episode about them but a show is just too much. I'd rather see a show about some of the more established characters, like the CMC for example. They should stay background characters. If they had their own show and had lots of canon surrounding them that could destroy the characters since they have all this fanon surrounding them.

• Brohoof 1

I've seen a fair amount of fans suggest the simpsons supporting cast could had their own show.

I wasn't a huge fan of cleveland's show but it had some good ones episodes.

the only problem would boil down to,

who would be the new lead?

Lets ignore all the people who'd be pissed that back ground ponies would have a chance to ignore the main six,  (OH i would rule that day ^^ )

but than people open to the idea would break into in fighting lol over who the new stars would be.

"obiously it should be derpy."
"Pfff don't be stupid it' should be vinyle"

"BOoooo it should be Lyrai!"

so forth and so on.

I mean which is stupid because it should be lyira (LOL, i'd be cool with vinyle).

Edited by FNGRpony

I wouldn't go too far to say that they deserve their own shows but, maybe something that can serve them justice. Plus, background characters aren't exactly interesting.

I wouldn't go too far to say that they deserve their own shows but, maybe something that can serve them justice. Plus, background characters aren't exactly interesting.

I think you miss understood,

they wouldn't get all their own show.

a series of under used ponies collectively (we're looking at you Luna) could get their own show.

There's enough there.   I mean for one season.

• Brohoof 1

Thanks guys,

Just wondering what you think on the opinion smile.png

I can see what you mean by it being a bit much BUT we should still allow the short "funny" clips on YouTube.

well, like i said even if they started pandering to bronie ideas with,

the B show,

i'm not  sure they'd have enough material past one season.

I mean at worse, i have this mental image of it being MLP Go

(ever see teen titan's go?  heh, yeah that's a hard show to watch).

I'd be prepared to watch a second mlp show that would be the,

the basturd mysterious science theater 3000 of the genre if i had to.

I mean we already had Equistrian girls.

Would i have enjoyed that more if say the lead in the movie was Derpy?

Or lyria?

you know what, Maybe i would have LOL.

Imagine all the dumb things twilight did as a human and substitute Derpy.

Ignore all the haters for one moment.

would you laugh your ass?  I know i would ^^.

Ha the irony.  (FNGR ^^)

No wonder i adore her so.

and wait a minute how in the hell does Octaivia have a good reason for being popular over Lyria?
She's only popular as Vinyle scratches straight man in a two pony comedy act.

Lyra would be out of the equation. She got popular for no good reason.

However, Derpy, Vinyl, Bon Bon and Octavia could potentially have there own shows. I'd prefer it stays to mini-clips though that are released online.

Fan-made animations or fanfics with the background characters in question should be more than enough. Making canon things about them would just cause confusion, not to talk about that the writers would have to spend time on that, and not the "normal" show!

Sure, if someone in the MLP crew would create a few short animations with them, I wouldn't mind, or an episode as someone else said, would be okay, but an entire show is a bit too much if you ask me.

• Brohoof 1

As awesome as that would be if they got their own show/spinoff, realistically it's not going to happen. We may end up getting an episode dedicated to them at some point, but that's probably the extent of the possibilities there. Very rarely do popular supporting characters get their own spinoffs, so background characters is even more of a stretch.

Yeah no, I said it once and I'll say it again. Working on 2 shows would lower the quality of both shows. Bronies seem to forget that the writers of this show are only human give them a break every now and then.

• Brohoof 1

Like everyone else has said, I think their own show would be a bit too much, but little 3 minute skits would be amazing. Except for maybe a show about the CMC, that's something I would like to watch.

Like everyone else has said, I think their own show would be a bit too much, but little 3 minute skits would be amazing. Except for maybe a show about the CMC, that's something I would like to watch.

ever see the clips from ms fausts best friends for ever?  Her super hero series?  Those teeny tiny bite sized clips she did for wonder woman, super girl, and bat girl?

Oh they ever did was piss me off lol.  Not cause their bad.. or good, but cause i mean.... it was so short i wouldn't know what to tell you.

Closer 6 -8 mins.

And contradict?

For the show to contradict the main, the main show would have to use the back ground ponies in the main plot.  which it doesn't.

Now I'm sure you'd have guest cameos or appearances from the main six

i mean what would ponie ville be with out pinkie pie show horning her self into something ^^.

Haven't the fans been doing enough of that?  We've made more material for background characters than Lauren Faust could dream of.

Again with it being it's own show, the only reason i think fans wouldn't like it existing,

is for fear it might out perform the main show.

I like the idea where the script is flipped and the main cast becomes the back ground.

Imagine if you saw them using the elements on discord in the back ground as if it was a trivial matter?

I'd like to see full on pandering go head to head with the shows canon and see which would pull higher ratings.

^ ~.

Again with it being it's own show, the only reason i think fans wouldn't like it existing,

is for fear it might out perform the main show.

I like the idea where the script is flipped and the main cast becomes the back ground.

Imagine if you saw them using the elements on discord in the back ground as if it was a trivial matter?

I'd like to see full on pandering go head to head with the shows canon and see which would pull higher ratings.

^ ~.

You present a good point.  I guess they shouldn't avoid doing something they want with Liara Heartstrings just because of the fanfic "Anthropology".

No, no, no, and no.

The main thing that's wrong with this suggestion is that it would take resources, resources that the company producing the animation might not have/want to focus on such a minor project.

So your telling me hasbro a multi billion dollar company couldn't run two cartoons?

I mean even though their releasing philly,

i mean if you'd prefer resources go into that.  It's a bunk claim.

So your telling me hasbro a multi billion dollar company couldn't run two cartoons?

I mean even though their releasing philly,

i mean if you'd prefer resources go into that.  It's a bunk claim.

Hasbro runs the entire Hub channel as it is, that's more than one cartoon they already have going. They actually have several franchises going on.