Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Happy being single?

Discolt

13 hours ago, KingCorvus said:

these bonds formed from true friendship will lead you to the answers you are looking for about "who will best compliment my life, make me happy, support my decisions, keep me grounded from making terrible decisions, and most of ALL share something with me they can't/wouldn't with ANYONE else.

aw :3 yes, I agree. Only commit to someone else when you are decently sure you can walk a path of total responsibility for each other. Only qualifier - it's gonna be a path you walk together a while, and during that time you won't be single, you'll be dating or engaged or whatever, and during that time you have to accept bumps along the road

to answer the ancient OP's question, I'm single. I want to trot the path of dating, but no luck so far :(   

I can't say that I would be happy being in a relationship because I've never been in one, but I can't say that I'm happy being single either because I've always been single and I've never been happy to be that way. I've never had a girlfriend either, so I have no idea what it's like.

• Brohoof 3

Lowkey being single after a relationship is fine but it gets to you after awhile to the point where its a horrible feeling seeing everyone being together and you're just there by yourself. Still single for now but hoping that changes soon. :) 

• Brohoof 3

Mostly yes. I've been single long enough to the point where I don't really miss the feeling of being in a relationship anymore. It lets me enjoy having more time and money to spend on myself. On the other hand, part of me still longs for a genuine relationship.

Edited by Cash_In
  • Brohoof 1

I'm single and kind of not really that bothered about being single, I'd be fine with being in a relationship if I met the right person but I don't wish to be in a relationship for the sake of being in a relationship.

• Brohoof 1

17 hours ago, Axel said:

Lowkey being single after a relationship is fine but it gets to you after awhile to the point where its a horrible feeling seeing everyone being together and you're just there by yourself. Still single for now but hoping that changes soon. :) 

Dang... this one hit me hard. Was in one for a few years... kind of a mental struggle somedays you yearn for what you lost and other days you are fine. I'll tell ya though always seems like more people are in relationships when you are single. You see yourself and your past friends happy and thriving then the unlucky ones welp that's the way it goes huh? You win some and lose some... 

• Brohoof 1

On 2022-08-01 at 8:35 AM, abrony-mouse said:

aw :3 yes, I agree. Only commit to someone else when you are decently sure you can walk a path of total responsibility for each other. Only qualifier - it's gonna be a path you walk together a while, and during that time you won't be single, you'll be dating or engaged or whatever, and during that time you have to accept bumps along the road

to answer the ancient OP's question, I'm single. I want to trot the path of dating, but no luck so far :(   

Awww, well you're an absolute darling! I'm sure that's a path you will find yourself soon enough...

As for myself, I'm always incredibly cautious about dating unless I know the person well enough. So, it takes time and for now I will simply have to enjoy being happy single. I just don't know who to trust and simply keep to myself. The pandemic actually kinda made this much... much worse. And now it's become a bit of a habit, but hopefully one I can break out of soon. :laugh:

3 hours ago, SolaceFall said:

Dang... this one hit me hard. Was in one for a few years... kind of a mental struggle somedays you yearn for what you lost and other days you are fine. I'll tell ya though always seems like more people are in relationships when you are single. You see yourself and your past friends happy and thriving then the unlucky ones welp that's the way it goes huh? You win some and lose some... 

Fully agree. However the person I'm talking to right now likes me back and it feels great!

• Brohoof 1

32 minutes ago, Axel said:

Fully agree. However the person I'm talking to right now likes me back and it feels great!

This makes me so happy to know, Axel. You're an awesome, fun-loving dude. You deserve only the best! 
Also.... *ahemm...*

Spoiler

UWU *ships it*

1 hour ago, Silk Glamour said:

This makes me so happy to know, Axel. You're an awesome, fun-loving dude. You deserve only the best! 
Also.... *ahemm...*

Hide contents

UWU *ships it*

You are such a sneaky pegasus with your words....

1 hour ago, Axel said:

You are such a sneaky pegasus with your words....

Hey, once that ship has sailed I'll be left alone in the island, with no one else to pick on, so you better believe I'm gonna keep picking on you until it does. :toldya:

6 minutes ago, Silk Glamour said:

Hey, once that ship has sailed I'll be left alone in the island, with no one else to pick on, so you better believe I'm gonna keep picking on you until it does. :toldya:

Can I keep you company on :squee:that island Silky?  

21 hours ago, Silk Glamour said:

I'm taking you with me closet furry

• 1 month later...

It's a bad idea for me to get into a relaionship right now due to my long term plans. So I guess I'm happy with being single for now, but once I settle where I want to be (which is an entirely different country), then I'm definitely going to want to find someone to spend the rest of my life with.