Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

single guy (or girl) problems

SolidTwilight

So I have been single for awhile now and I have come across a few problems (besides the obvious ones feeling loved, and no one to cuddle with) that would be so ease if I still and a girl friend. the first one is when I come home from camping I have no one to check for ticks in all the had to see spots :-( (best way to look for ticks is to shower with a friend ;-) ) the other is I want to make a duck tape body mold so I can make a cospay outfit and I don't want to ask my male friends to tape up my lower body.

anyone else run into problems like this?

Edited by SolidTwilight
  • Brohoof 1

No offense, but those are the strangest single problems I've ever read. lol Couldn't you just tape your lower body yourself? I wouldn't imagine it to be very hard. 

Main problem I have is no one to cuddle with.

Cuddling's awesome. 

• Brohoof 12

What if you tape up your lower body first then ask a friend to tape the rest?

Something I miss:

I miss having someone to hang out or do something with. I like doing what I want by myself but sometimes you get that feeling like it would be more fun with someone else. That is the hardest part of being single for me. Being single is sometimes a benefit and sometimes a curse like a double-edged sword.

• Brohoof 3

I agree with RainbowDarth. It's nice to be able to go where you want when you want, and for however long you want. It's a nice sense of freedom, but somethings just aren't the same by yourself, like going to a movie, or the mall. 

I had an ex I used to play videogames with and even playing games all day can get boring alone (seems impossible I know) 

• Brohoof 1

I don't exactly have a problem with being single. I have a lot going on right now, and don't have the time for dating anyway. Besides, I enjoy being alone, and I am not interested in dating just to date. I'll only seek a relationship with a person I can confidently say that I would want to spend the rest of my life with.

But I'm fine being by myself. Not a whole lot of people "click" with me anyway.

• Brohoof 8

I suppose having a research/lab partner/assistant would be nice. I'm very good at full-body self examinations; I don't think that there's a spot on my body that my hand can't reach. Don't take that out of context. Unless you really want to.

• Brohoof 2

Someone to comfort me and help me erase the memories of these past few horrible years I've had to call life :( But it's pretty much impossible for me to find a partner anyway, I'm a mess and these years of loneliness and isolation from everything I love have made me a worse person than I was before. No guy would ever put up with me -_-

I'd rather stay single, thank you very much! I don't see much appeal in looking for someone, only to be annoyed to no end, especially when I listen to coworkers complain about their boyfriends!

That, and I'm rather asocial IRL...

The absence of cuddles, kisses etc. is hard, especially if you had already been in a relationship in the past (I guess). Also you don't have that someone to share your secrets, your deepest thoughts, to spend time with...

But being single has advantages too: you can have more time alone and you're more independent.

• Brohoof 2

My single problems include, but are not limited to, 

1. not being able to confide my personal feelings or doubts

2. lack of emotional support

3. no one to talk to on a regular bases

4. yes, even somepony like me loves to cuddle, i mean seriously, who doesn't?

• Brohoof 1

I wasn't planning to post in this thread, but I'm oddly encouraged by the frequency with which "lack of cuddling" is cited as one of the biggest drawbacks of being single.  That has always been the main thing that I miss the most about being in a relationship.  Snuggles and cuddling is the best feeling ever, and not being able to do that with anyone really sucks.  I've long since grown accustomed to going without any form of tactile affection, but there isn't a day that goes by that wouldn't be dramatically improved by hugs and/or cuddling. I'm glad to see I'm not the only one that feels this way.

My main problem is that because I'm single some of the people around me assume I'm a horny bastard who masturbates all the time because I'm not getting some. I have better things to do with my time.

I also hate that people keep telling me "you need to get laid" or "you need a girlfriend" just because I'm single and don't actively go out looking for someone.

Basically, I get stuck with all the worst stigma's of being single and a nerd. People constantly say crap like how I'll never get a girlfriend if I play video games all day. Or that I need to get a life and stop playing video games and gettinng a girlfriend will somehow change that. Good thing I don't let other people run my life. :lol:

It actually comes up on a regular basis. I wouldn't mention it otherwise.

I have been single all my life. I've always been quite introverted and I usually only have a small group of close friends so I don't really get many opportunities to date anyone.

I'm still happy most of the time but it does get lonely a lot of the time and I would like to know what I've been missing out on for all these years.

It also messes with my self esteem from time to time. I sometimes feel unwanted or like I'm not good enough to be someone's one and only.

• Brohoof 2

I can relate with most of what you guys are saying, been single all my life and I don't really care to get a girlfriend. I'm not too much interested in human females anyway and I'm also completely anti-social and I doubt I'll ever find someone with a similar mindset or at least someone that can and will put up with me :D

Also, I consider myself to be in a relationship with my plushie, which at least solves the problem with cuddling :3

What I really miss is mutual affection and someone to talk to about all kinds of stuff I wouldn't talk to with my family or friends.

Even though, there are still many things I'd probably not even tell a partner.

Lots of food goes to waste

All the credit on my phone starts to feel a bit underused

One side of my bed starts to get a bit dusty

Less inclined to clean my flat

Doing the dishes is twice as tedious

Not to mention:

Little emotional support

Steeply decreasing self esteem

Increasingly frustrated libido.

Any more questions?

I know how you feel  :nom:

the other is I want to make a duck tape body mold so I can make a cospay outfit and I don't want to ask my male friends to tape up my lower body.
anyone else run into problems like this?

Isn't that gonna hurt a lot? When you take it off, I mean.  :wacko:

:twi: Currently I'm single and have been for the past couple of years.

I've been in a few relationships over the years (one that lasted for 7 years), and I've learned that while it's nice to have a SO, It also becomes a hindrance at time. I'm pretty good at choosing people that complement me, so a lot of problems people tend to have, I don't. The main thing I hate is the break-ups and the post-relationship depression that always ensues.

:yay: Overall I like being in a relationship better than being single, just because I generally feel cared and loved on a deeper level, almost like that of a family. :pinkie: That's always a feeling of great ecstasy.

:bedeyes: With great satisfaction comes great risk :bedeyes:

:lol: (also, I'm kind of glad that this thread hasn't devolved into a dating thread.) :lol:

Honestly, I don't even think the loneliness is even the worst part anymore. I've grown used to that.

It's having to look at myself and know that nobody has ever loved or wanted me. And it's hard to feel good about yourself when nobody else thinks you're good enough.

• Brohoof 1