Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Can guys and girls be just friends?

20_cooler

136 users have voted

1. 1. Can guys and girls be just friends?

• Totally!
    • I think so
    • I don't think so
    • No, definately not!

It is easier for guys and girls to be friends nowadays because more girls play video games, and more boys play with MLP toys.

• Brohoof 3

• 1 month later...

Of course, I have two childhood friends who are girls and we are like cousins! Also I have some other friends who are girls and I don’t see them as anything else but friends.

• Brohoof 2

• 11 months later...

I've had very few female friends that have then not tried to get it to a relationship honestly. Like yes they can be friends sure. Yet they have almost always developed romantic feelings which is nice and everything yet you know relationships are a drama. So often that can be risky for friendships you know. Yet of course I've had female friends on a friends basis not sexual or romantic like friends. My advice is if you're having trouble keeping it at being friends is making sure they know you're friends. That you want to be friends, nothing more sad then leading a girl on only to then pretend you didnt realize you were wooing her. It's happened many times and usually always becomes somewhat dramatic yet not always once it was like you sure? I was like yeah and she's like well if you ever you know want to then you know UwU. Which is nice yet you know I felt she was a friend more but someday maybe I am not one to rule out a girl that is.

• 1 year later...
56 minutes ago, ZiggWheelsManning said:

Look at Sir Hugsalot and Princess Silky, they're more than that:lookup:  

Sadly, we were good friends for WAYYYY too long and too clueless to say our feelings for each other. Luckily now we're more <3 :ooh:

but yup! we were definitely just friends at the time and that's the thing with me -- when I see someone as a friend -- they're just that, friends. So it took too long for us to realize.

But for those who doubt people can't be just friends due to girls/boys, I think to see people as primitive and limiting them to being unable to be friends just cause of x gender is just unrealistic and will disappoint those who expect more :laugh:

TL;DR: Yurrrp guys and girls can just be friends. People are more nuanced than that.  c:

• Brohoof 1

40 minutes ago, ZiggWheelsManning said:

Don't say you and Hugs are breaking up:sunny:  

What?! NO ahahah <3 
Edited my reply for proper context :pinkie:

According to FIM, no, not possible. But G5 decided to make it possible, though Hitch is probably going to get together with one of those mares in the end, so again, no.

• Brohoof 1

Well, duh! Although, the truth is I don't have many male friends. I have had one since high school and there has never been any attraction on either end (it'd be hard to be attracted to me! :ButtercupLaugh:). So there, question answered. Done.

But lets say that I do kinda understand where this is coming from. It most certainly isn't true universally, not even between a straight woman and man. But friendships are a strong foundation for love. I had this happen... not with a man, but with another woman. But if we were to try to apply this universally, wouldn't that mean that lesbians could never be friends with other women, and bi people could never be just friends with anyone? That's messed up. We aren't attracted to everyone of the sex(es) we are attracted to. It's just a fact. One that I don't think that people grasp enough. =/

• Brohoof 1