Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

First Fluttershy Attempt

AngryUnicorn

Although Fluttershy is my favorite pony in the mane six, I never wanted to draw her in fear if screwing up too badly. I finally managed to gather the courage to attempt a drawing of Fluttershy. Completion time is about 1-2 hours. Tell me what you think img-2011390-1-img-1369822-1-UNZJLhS.png

post-13107-0-18758600-1384713495_thumb.jpg

Edited by AngryUnicorn
  • Brohoof 16

First attempt? Holy crap...

You are good at this, really, really good at this. I wish there was something I could critique, but it's just so... perfect. The line quality is great, the shading is great, it's just SO good.

I can't wait to see more.

• Brohoof 1

Very well done, even more so considering this is your first attempt at drawing her.  But you should never let fear hold you back, for we often learn best through our mistakes.

As far as the drawing is concerned, the only adjustment I see is that the eye furthest away seems to be slightly smaller than the other.  Aside from that minor detail, it looks quite similar to the show and you should be proud of your efforts.  Keep up the good work!

• Brohoof 1

How come you didn't have a shot at the tail? Would have been barely visible anyway but it just caught my eye.

Wow... That is one thing that I completely overlooked XD

I'll probably end up correcting that and updating the picture in the topic soon. Thanks for pointing that out!

• Brohoof 1

Crap you sound a lot like me lol I don't want to even try to draw something I love if I can't make it perfect! In your case, I see absolutely nothing wrong! Everything is just awesome! 

Final note: HNNNNNNG!

• Brohoof 1

Holy bad words, that's bloody adorable. Those eyes, I almost hugged my computer. Except for the missing wings and tail, I think it is amazing. So cute, so well done, so adorable. You are a skilled artist, it may not be perfect, but let's face it, nothing is. I can't wait to see more of your work, keep it up.

• Brohoof 1

Holy bad words, that's bloody adorable. Those eyes, I almost hugged my computer. Except for the missing wings and tail, I think it is amazing. So cute, so well done, so adorable. You are a skilled artist, it may not be perfect, but let's face it, nothing is. I can't wait to see more of your work, keep it up.

just added those, actually, and I'm updating the picture on the thread. You can take a look at it in a couple minutes if you want :3

It's not perfect but...

It's good a lot! First? blink.png

Just added some things that I missed (they were really obvious too XD)

Oh, silly me

• Brohoof 1

Well done

Your shading skills are quite impressive. For a first attempt though I have to say you're quite skillful as your anatomy is spot on and you got the innocent look on Fluttershy just right.

Thank you! I was trying to go for uber innocence (my reason for her pupils being so large). She's adorable, and I'm glad I didn't screw up too badly on her :3

Edited by AngryUnicorn

Hey, this is a pretty impressive drawing. :) The lines are very clear and the shading is fine, too. Fluttershy looks pretty adorable overall.

But, there are a few things that strike me odd. First, the wings - specifically, the bottom feathers. The left eye also looks off to me. I know it's supposed to be smaller considering its further away, but yes... The back side also seems smaller than the front side, but I'm not sure about the details on that one.

Also, I don't know why, but I get the impression that Fluttershy's neck is ridiculously thick. I know its hidden behind the hair, but the feeling I get is that behind that hair, the hypothetical line that's represents her neck is at the wrong position. I think it has something to do with the proportions you drew her in...

I know I might just be spewing some bullshit on that last issue I had with your drawing, but I thought I should say it anyway.

Anyhow, its still a good drawing overall, but I thought you'd may enjoy some sort of criticism. Hopefully its useful, considering I'm not sure what proper criticism is in the first place.

Edited by Oleg
  • Brohoof 1

Well, first of all, welcome to the family.

Secondly, kudos on the pic, very nice spin on the show's style.

Only thing I can spot is that the shines (the spot of white on the eyes) seem to be crammed into the pupils when they should extend onto the irises.

Oh, and the wings look a bit too sharp (could be just me though).

Oh. My. Celestia. That is just too adorable for this world! I like her head and hair very much, though I'd make the wings a bit less... leafy or pointy... If you know what I mean :)

Though alltogether, I think it's just a great drawing!