Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Do you wish you were able to transform into your favorite pony?

Cutelestia

41 users have voted

1. 1. Do you wish you were able to transform into your favorite pony?

• YES - With His/Her personality
    • YES - Without personality
    • NO

No because it would suddenly be unbearable to read any fan fiction on Fimfiction's front page.

That would make browsing Deviantart quite awkward.

No, because I don't think being a quadruped would be fun at all. In addition, ruling a kingdom doesn't sound too fun either. 

No because it would suddenly be unbearable to read any fan fiction on Fimfiction's front page.

That would make browsing Deviantart quite awkward.

No, because I don't think being a quadruped would be fun at all. In addition, ruling a kingdom doesn't sound too fun either. 

So you want to be Celestia? I would want to try this. I wonder what it feels like to wear her regalia. They must be heavy.

If I could transform into Fluttershy...well...I don't need her personality. I'd just be Fluttershy. To be honest, my personality is already like Flutters, with just a hint of RainbowDash. :P

(Though, I wasn't sure. Do we have to be one of the mane 6? If not, then my first pick would actually be Dr. Whooves. I'd still want my personality though. Who wants psycho crazy for a personality...Plus, I feel like if I had my personality I'd be more aware that I'm still me, I just turned into Dr. Whooves. I could be more of a fanboy about it with my own personality. x3)

But, even more so if I could be my OC. If I could be my OC then that's my first pick. So OC first, Whooves second, Flutters third.

Edited by FeIix
  • Brohoof 1

Well. I guess it would be fun to transform into fluttershy, I wouldn't really want to directly inherent her personality, even if we're already pretty similar.

But it'd be interesting to see how being a pony would feel like. Having wings and walking on four legs and having a tail and stuff. I'd also be a female I guess, which would be a bit uncomfortable, but who knows maybe itd add to the interesting experience idk :P.

Transform into an immortal winged unicorn pony who co-rules an entire country and raises and lowers the moon? Heck yes! But I'm not willing to give up my own personality. We're pretty similar anyway.

No, I wouldn't want to be Rarity. Being a beautiful unicorn mare wouldn't exactly be on the top of a list of awesome things I'd want to transform into. :P

(On a list of fictional female characters I'd like to, uh, meet though, definitely top ten, perhaps #1 even. ;))

Sorry to dissapoint ya, man. But I'm like most of the others here. I prefer being... well, me. It may suck at times, but I'm used to dealing with my own neurotic problems. With some other pony's personality? I wouldn't even begin to know what to do. Can't imagine Applejack has many pressing mental problems, but still. There might be some unforseen problem. That and my body wouldn't really be mine, now would it? I can't be anybody but me, that's how it goes in my mind.

Although being my ponysona would be wonderful. Wouldn't mind that in the slightest. (She IS me.)

Edited by Arylett Dawnsborough

As much as I love Pinkie Pie, being her, as amazing and unique of an opportunity as that would be, I would rather meet her personally. By transforming into her and inhabiting her body, I don't think that could happen. :(

However, I don't really understand the full connotations of the question here. I mean what exactly do you mean by transform?

Do you mean A.)taking possession of the original pony's body or B.)shape-shifting into the form and exact shape of the original pony and sharing his/her biological physique(which would result in you appearing like a clone of that pony)?

I think the majority of us here are seeing the scenario as if it was A. :huh:

However, if it was the B scenario, where I just simple turn into a 'clone' of that pony, then sure. :P

As long as nothing is done to Pinkie Pie without her consent and notice, than I'm happy. :lol:

i wouldnt want to transform into one of the main six, but into a seperate charecter yeah... i dont wish to become somepony/someone im not . im all for being a pegasus though as i imagine my self as and flying around as fast as i can with endless freedom though ! :D

Transforming into Princess Luna eh? Well, that would be one way of scratching immortality off the bucket list...  ^_^ 

That also comes with powerful magic, flight, leadership role and of course the adorable factor, so why the heck not? As for personality, I don't think it really wouldn't make much of a difference. She appears dignified but still cares about others, case in point how she went out of her way to help out Scootaloo in season 3. As long as I wouldn't become a jerk, I would accept the personality change.

Turning into Luna: Meh, nah. Can't really put my finger on why, though - I just don't think I'd enjoy it. I'd feel like I'm not the real thing, provided I'd still be conscious of that fact, since I just lost my identity.

Turning into Nightmare Moon: Yeah, everypony hates me, I'll pass on that too.

Turning into either with personality altered in some way? Still no, and I'll explain why:

I feel like turning into your favorite pony with their personality intact is unappealing because a lot of the folks here would be losing their identities in the process, and that just doesn't sit well with most people. Even with some personality alterations, I doubt many people would go through with it, since (at least to me), it feels like they're not who they are anymore, in addition to you not being who you are. In this line of reasoning, it's even worse than the previous scenario. Two beings have been lost to create one, instead of one for one.

If your favorite pony happened to be your OC, and your OC was essentially you, then there's essentially nothing to lose. No personalities lost, nothing altered except your physical form, etc.That's the best case scenario right there, since then you're simply assuming your pony form.  

But then, what if your "pony form" wasn't an OC? Then we're getting into Five Score, Divided by Four territory (It's a fic, look it up, pretty awesome actually).

If I had an OC, and if it so happened to be me in pony form, then maybe I'd do it, but it'd be a pain in the ass to be a quadruped herbivore who has to learn how to magick (yeah, he'd be a unicorn). If the OC wasn't my pony incarnation, that would be a resounding no once again.