Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

MLP Forums Unofficial Fanfic Contest: Mk II (Holiday)

Acoustic Cloud

<<This is the rebirth of a contest inspired by a previous contest>>

img-2058801-1-christmas_stocking____freeHOLIDAY FANFIC CONTEST!img-2058801-2-candycane____free_avatar_b

post-7058-0-82694900-1385967119.png

Hello forums, here I have decided to bring a fun contest that I haven't seen for a while.  It's time for the members of this forum to bring forth their creativity and show what the show has done to inspire their work.  

Forum rules can be found here

The Contest:

The challenge this time is to create a well written fanfic with a Holiday twist.  The category (comedy, adventure, etc.) can be written about anything that falls under the forums own guidelines (I must be able to post your story here on the MLP Forums) and is related to pony/pony culture and the Holidays*.

*I am not forcing religion** into the situation, just be festive with your entries.
**Yes, religious entries are still accepted.

The Guidelines:

• You will have one week to complete this story, no more, no less.
  • Final applicants will be taken Dec. 8, at 9pm GMT -8.
  • Final story submissions are due Dec. Dec. 18, 9pm GMT -8
  • There are no exceptions to submission-time standards.
  • Story must relate to Pony or Brony Culture.
  • Contains Holiday Spirit. i.e. Presents, Christmas, Cookies, Snow, Family, etc. (be creative with the concept)
  • Story must be 800 words minimum, and no longer than a 10,000 word maximum. (novella standards)
  • Story must fall within MLP Forum rules and guidelines, i.e. no overbearing sexual situations, no hate, no racism, no prejudice, etc. (use common sense [if you aren't sure you should post it, don't])
  • Majority of text must be in English. (As much as I would personally love to see Portuguese and Hebrew, those will not be accepted as text in a whole [others should be able to read it])
  • Do not steal another writer's work.
  • Entries must contain the tag of proper categories.
  • Multiple people may work on a single project, but only one place, and one reward will be given to the team (includes editors, creative processes, etc.)
  • Tell me if you change your username.
  • Have FUN.
  • Failure to subjugate to rules will result in intimidate expulsion. (from contest) 

Entering:

• Send your story to me and ME ONLY in Personal Message form. Text will be entered as is.
  • Please make a post within this thread showing interest to join.
  • Entries will be kept anonymous to judges. (aside from me)

What will be assessed:

• Proper grammatical conventions. i.e. punctuation, syntax, capitalization, etc.
  • How well your story matches your categories.
  • Did you follow the guidelines?
  • Is there a "Holiday Theme"?
  • Did the story seem creative?

Deadlines:

Final applicants will be taken Dec. 8, at 9pm GMT -8.
Final story submissions are due Dec. Dec. 18, 9pm GMT -8
Winners will be announced Christmas Eve.

You do not have to be at the announcement to receive your placement.

Entering as a Judge:

• If you wish to enter as a judge, please post below.
  • You may not be a judge and contestant.
  • Improper conventions as a judge-applicant will result in not receiving the position.
  • If I personally know you for poor grammar mistakes, I will not give the position (sorry)
  • Judges must have the urge to read a large number of entries.
  • Judges must have a desire to read and take part in this contest.
  • I and I alone am the one to excommunicate judges.

Prizes:

1st Place: Premium art from Rainbow Dashey (Digital or Traditional) + MLP Comic book + glory!

2nd Place: MLP Comic book + Blindbag + Sketch.

3rd Place: Blindbag + Sketch.

Judges:

4. @ping111

Contestants:

1. @repsol rave

4. @KatieHooves

6. @AfTeRwArDs

7. @FlutterShay

9. @Dsanders

10. @CloudFyre

12. @Rocket

Edited by Rainbow Dashey
  • Brohoof 7

I'd like to enter, but I do hope a shipfic would be cool (nothing sexual) Or I wouldn't be able to do it. (Tried writing something else, got slammed.)

So...can it be a shipfic, as long as it's not sexual?

Of course, anything related to fandom culture is accepted. And sexual is allowed as long as it is by forum standards. Which if I recall correctly is basically implied but not written out. You can feel free to check those rules if you like.

I look forward to an exceptional entry!

• Brohoof 1

Of course, anything related to fandom culture is accepted. And sexual is allowed as long as it is by forum standards. Which if I recall correctly is basically implied but not written out. You can feel free to check those rules if you like.

I look forward to an exceptional entry!

K, man, sign me up, then :D Thanks a ton, dude :D

• Brohoof 1

I suppose I will give it a try. Whilst I haven't much fanfic experience, I have plenty of writing under my belt. You know what I say: If you can roleplay, you can write fanfiction.

I haven't seen you for a long time; back when you were the RP moderator. (other than glimpses of you here and there)

I'd love to add you to the roster!

• Brohoof 1

Yo, it looks like you have a couple spots for judges left open. I love proofreading and reviewing fanfics, so...y'know, if I could be a judge for this contest, that would be awesome. I've been reviewing stories for years and have a keen sense of grammar, storytelling, etc.

Also, I'll be flying to Hawaii a few days after the submissions deadline, so I'll have nothing to do but read stories.  :lol:

Entering as a Judge: If you wish to enter as a judge, please post below.You may not be a judge and contestant.Improper conventions as a judge-applicant will result in not receiving the position.If I personally know you for poor grammar mistakes, I will not give the position (sorry)Judges must have the urge to read a large number of entries.Judges must have a desire to read and take part in this contest.I and I alone am the one to excommunicate judges.

Id like to enter as a judge, I love reading fanfics and am always online. I'm not competing, and I usually don't make grammar mistakes.And again I LOVE to read.

Thanks if I make it.

Edited by BronyDash465

Id like to enter as a judge, I love reading fanfics and am always online. I'm not competing, and I usually don't make grammar mistakes.And again I LOVE to read.

Thanks if I make it.

Alright, added to our current judge's panel.

Also, if anyone entering should change their name, please tell me. I have to maintain upkeep on the lists.

Thank you. 

• Brohoof 1

I've made a fanfic contest with the exact same name if I recall. Well, I'm entering this one. I ought to show my skill at writing for once.

I know you did, I was your first judge. xD Haven't seen you since.

I'll most certainly add you to the roster.

I'll volunteer as a judge.  I have tons of experience as a proofreader, editor, writer, and, of course, judge, in the community.  I'm not snobbish, but I do have a good footing on what's up.

P.S. @OP - what does your sig say in Hebrew?  Acoustic cloud - Hosea?

Edited by ping111
  • Brohoof 1

I'll volunteer as a judge.  I have tons of experience as a proofreader, editor, writer, and, of course, judge, in the community.  I'm not snobbish, but I do have a good footing on what's up.

P.S. @OP - what does your sig say in Hebrew?  Acoustic cloud - Hosea?

Alright, great!

I shall add you to the roster. Your volunteering is appreciated.

800 word minimum eh? Well that's not too bad for me slowly getting back into the groove of writing. It's been awhile and a short story would be nice to try and write out. :)

I'll enter. ^_^

• Brohoof 1

800 word minimum eh? Well that's not too bad for me slowly getting back into the groove of writing. It's been awhile and a short story would be nice to try and write out. :)

I'll enter. ^_^

Hah, I wanted to make the minimum 5,000 words, but then I realized nobody on this forum would even try.

Welcome aboard! Added.

• Brohoof 1

Hah, I wanted to make the minimum 5,000 words, but then I realized nobody on this forum would even try.

Welcome aboard! Added.

I'll do at least 800 words. I just like how there's an exceptionally small limit. I can see why nobody would want to try that, as there's always that issue of writer's block, lacking motivation, trying to stretch out the story as much as they possibly can. ^_^

So just wondering, but can I incorporate OCs into my fanfic? :)

I'll do at least 800 words. I just like how there's an exceptionally small limit. I can see why nobody would want to try that, as there's always that issue of writer's block, lacking motivation, trying to stretch out the story as much as they possibly can. ^_^

So just wondering, but can I incorporate OCs into my fanfic? :)

Of course you can incorporate OC's! Bring friends, family, even your dog's OC! :P

Can't wait to see what comes out of it.

• Brohoof 1