Question: Stairs vs. Elevators?

Gone Airbourne

Stairs vs Elevators ?  

58 users have voted

1. 1. What do you prefer?

• Stairs
    • Elevators
    • Jetpacks
    • Screw that crap I have red bull and it gives me wings...

elevator-versus-stairs-to-succes.jpg

So... yeah I was wondering how many people preferred stair or elevators? Personally I'd take the stairs anyday honestly depending on how high up I am going if its beyond 6-7 stories than I'll use an elevator. But I am kinda scared of elevators for numerous reasons and confinement  :blink: .... So what do you prefer? 

Also taking the stairs = good exercise :P  

Edited by Ticking Timebomb
  • Brohoof 1

Since I'm usually never in a building more than two stories high, I pretty much always take the stairs. I do cheat this occasionally because I use the escalator whenever I'm in the mall.

Only the disabled should take the elevator. The rest should be forced to take the stairs.

Yes, especially the ridiculous overweight ones. They need it.

I have a fear of elevators so my choice is stairs. I'm just scared of them for multiple reasons, they just put me on edge....same as escalators. 

But bro, if an Escalator stops, you can just walk up it! 

I agree with Elevators though. It's like someone tried to trigger every possible phobia during their use.

I try to make a point to take stairs when I can, it's the less lazy path and it burns some energy. There is a logical point where I will take an elevator, particularly where I'm lost in an airport and have no idea where I'm going or I have no energy to burn.

Elevators can create some awkward social situations as well that I'm not a big fan of...

• Brohoof 1

I have a fear of elevators so my choice is stairs. I'm just scared of them for multiple reasons, they just put me on edge....same as escalators. 

I do to that what if it breaks down and you get stuck in there with people you don't know .__. 

And elevators are so cramped >.>...

I agree with Elevators though. It's like someone tried to trigger every possible phobia during their use.

How bad is it that I sometimes play the Twilight Zone Tower of Terror audio from Walt Disney World in elevators sometimes, espessally the rickity ones. :umad:

"You are the passengers of a most uncommon elevator, about to ascend into your very own episode of the Twilight Zone."

• Brohoof 1

Stairs. I don't like elevators one bit, and I usually climb escalators (unless some idiot is standing still in front of me). There is no level on which I like elevators, There is a chance that they will break down, and even when they function properly, you are still in a cramped, inescapable space with strangers. Stairs barely count as exercise, but they are better than nothing, plus they are a bit more open.

Edited by Frith is Magik

Elevators. I get this joy when I press the buttons and it immediately lights up, and when the floor number changes, and the pressure I feel on my body when I go up and down.

Bonus points if the elevator is transparent, takes in modern architecture, goes on high speeds, is hydro-electric, and/or exotic.

• Brohoof 1

"I like escalators because escalators can never break. They can only become stairs. You'll never see an 'escalator temporarily out of order' sign. Just 'escalator temporarily stairs. Sorry for the convenience'."

-Mitch Hedberg

• Brohoof 1

Stairs, or elevators? Eels, or escalators? Hmmm... :huh:

It depends. Walking up tons of flights of stairs isn't fun. If its just a few that's fine. If it's too many stairs then I pick escalator.

Edited by Mikami

I usually prefer to take the stairs. If it's a hydraulic elevator, I'm usually fine. Not too much can go wrong with them. But cable elevators? Hell no! I've never been trapped in an elevator but I've been on an elevator rescue. They aren't too happy when they finally get out.

I seem to be strangely attached to lifts (or in the United States, elevators) - whenever I see a lift - and seem to slowly steer towards it, like there is an invisible force making really want to ride the lift.

Although, I do quite like jetpacks - but that'd probably be scary, time consuming, and I'd probably have to pay.

Stairs, meh, neutral. Don't mind them.

However, I'd never walk these stairs...

image002.jpg

I'd probably be there for quite some time...

• Brohoof 2