GO TO POST-2014 MLPF WORLD CUP THREAD FOR FINAL RESULTS

Inactive01

AND WE'RE BACK!!!  Well, let's get the unimportant stuff out of the way first; I'll be supporting Twilight and Rarity this round.  Twilight had a phenomenal Season 4 that sealed the deal on that whole princess business as being a good idea, and so did Rarity after her disappointing Season 3, who's also always been one of my favorite characters both in terms of comedy and maturity (actually, same goes for Twilight now that I think about it).  I love Spitfire and Vinyl Scratch, but they don't hold a candle to either of those members of the Mane 6.

I hope Twilight and Rarity do well too!  They're always so nice to me whenever they see me.  :muffins: 

HEY NOW, FOCUS, WE GOT A COMPETITION GOING ON!!!  KEEP YOUR HEAD IN THE GAME AND TEAR THAT WANNABE SUCCESSOR TO CELESTIA APART!!!!!!!!!!!!!  :angry: 

But I don't wanna tear anyone apart!  :unsure: 

Too bad, you're doing it as we speak, keep it up!  B) 

Mommy, you're not even trying!  Are you a wizard?  :o 

AHHHHHH, WHY AM I DOING THIS, I'M NOT TRYING TO HURT ANYPONY!!!  :unsure: 

Oh for the love of- IT'S A METAPHOR!!  YOU'RE NOT LITERALLY TEARING SUNSET SHIMMER APART!!!!!!!!!

Then why are you yelling at me?!?!

BECAUSE IT'S MOTIVATIONAL AND INSPIRING!!!!!!!!!  :angry: 

Well it's freaking me and Dinky out, stop it!

Fine, then focus on beating Sunset Shimmer!

Fine!  Sheesh...  >_> 

Hey, I see that, NO MUFFINS UNTIL AFTER WE'VE WON!!!

Ugggghhhhhh, fine.  :fiery: 

Come on mommny, you can do it!

So yeah, vote Derpy everypony, FOR SHE IS BEST PONY IN THIS TOURNAMENT AND SHALL SURELY CLAIM GREAT GLORY BEFORE IT'S ALL SAID AND DONE!!!!!!!!!  :muffins: 

103308d1309294182-my-little-pony-friends

The long path to victory begins tonight

• Brohoof 11

CDFuh.gif

"You'll hunt me. You'll condemn me, set the dogs on me. Because that's what needs to happen. Because sometimes... cupcakes aren't good enough. Sometimes ponies deserve more. Sometimes ponies deserve to have their faith rewarded... with muffins!!!"

-The Muffin Mare

Derpy's popularity is probably just below the mane 6, not sure what you were expecting  :lol:

It wouldn't actually surprise me if Derpy managed to even win against some members of the mane 6 in this competition. Her victory over Spitfire is inevitable though.

derpy_flag_vector_by_cool77778-d72swmn.p

• Brohoof 3

post-26796-0-54896800-1416226304.png

Now with more added tea leaves!

My fantastic signature made by Gone Airbourne

It wouldn't actually surprise me if Derpy managed to even win against some members of the mane 6 in this competition. Her victory over Spitfire is inevitable though.

derpy_flag_vector_by_cool77778-d72swmn.p

And yet even seems to forget her friend Sunshower Raindrops.

• Brohoof 1

Glad to see Rarity doing as well as she is! :D Fabulosity, man. It's the perfect breakfast, lunch, dinner, midnight snack, exercise routine...fabulosity is best lifestyle :D

643653__safe_solo_rarity_smile_cute_look

• Brohoof 4

CpYKgl1.png

He who is Positively Obsessed With All Things Rarity!!!

"Not everyone who is pretty is necessarily beautiful. For those two to come together is truly a Rarity"

-Jacob G. Rosenberg

Signature by @FadedSkies

I'm so happy to see Twilight in the lead. :derp:

BEST PONY

• Brohoof 1

post-8308-0-23356900-1390949572.png

Sig made by Kyoshi.

Cool things people have said about me:

Never heard of him but I guess just you mentioning him is a good reason not to go anywhere near that name.

(In reference to an author I suggested.)

(edited)

Past my bedtime so I'm going to sleep...

Still haven't voted since I'm not sure about Twily v Vinyl; but I'm sure reading the posts will give me insight tomorrow.

Will vote for Rarity against anypony except Applejack

post-26689-0-17570700-1402801999_thumb.jpg

And while I want to go on record that I do like Sunset Shimmer;

I can't vote for her today because, well, muffins!

post-26689-0-44669700-1402802023_thumb.jpg

Edit: Oh wow! When did I become a bunny! (No jokes about signing a deal to work in Hugh's bar please.)

Edited by JLmle
  • Brohoof 1

thejlmle2_zps98689217.png

:huh:  :toldya:  :smug:  :wat:         Nightmare Night Fan Club        :pout:  :proud:  :please:  :confused:

signature by Scootaloodle

All right, all right, all right, keep putting on the pounding Derpy!  LEMME SEE YOUR WAR FACE!!!!!!  B) 

tumblr_m744hpOvm31qc5ffho1_1280.png

No.

Oh come on.  Be a good sport and LEMME SEE YOUR WAR FACE!!!!!!!!!

Come on, do it.

*sigh* Fine.

derpy_hooves_by_ec8er-d3kyluk.png

Oh that's not a war face, come on, LEMME SEE YOUR REAL WAR FACE!!!!!!!!!!!

260.gif

Bull crap that's your war face, that wouldn't scare a kitten!  LEMME... SEE... YOUR... WARRRRRR FAAAACCCCCCCEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Really?  :okiedokielokie: 

Come on chicken wuss.  B) 

:okiedokielokie: ...

What's the matter, cat got your-

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iXKKvgg-L6g

:blink: ...

Buck.

Good enough?  :comeatus: 

Yes... now if you'll excuse me, I need to change my Bat-undies. :(  I'm off *cue terrified (and wet... NO I'M NOT PROUD!!!) exit*  Oh yeah, vote Derpy everypony.

• Brohoof 4

CDFuh.gif

"You'll hunt me. You'll condemn me, set the dogs on me. Because that's what needs to happen. Because sometimes... cupcakes aren't good enough. Sometimes ponies deserve more. Sometimes ponies deserve to have their faith rewarded... with muffins!!!"

-The Muffin Mare

Rarity, Derpy, and Twilight get the nod from me tonight.  I'd expect the two Mane 6 ponies to have a nice lead, and they do.  But I was expecting Sunset Shimmer to give Derpy a harder run for her money.  :derp:

• Brohoof 3

Have you people no shame? No spark of humanity nor compassion in your hearts? How could you cast out and reject Equestria's finest?

How can you say no to dat face?

vinyl_scratch_by_raikoh14-d4piop1.jpg

Dat face that drop dat bass.

And it appears that extreme cohersion must be taken

for there isn't a warmblooded being alive who can resist Sx3

stupid_sexy_spitfire_by_spittfireart-d5n

Stupid Sexy Spitfire

Oh and there's that one horse from that the apple jack episode. 

derpy_hooves_poster_by_red4028-d57v7le.j

Didn't she have an obsession with a certain baked good? I think it was scones. 

• Brohoof 3

DENIMVENOM.jpg.044401b86728c9eacc741b8d13926f4e.jpg

(edited)

I missed everything! :( *sob*

Scootaloo almost won! But a draw is a decent result too. :)

I don't think Derpy will have trouble winning here. :muffins:

Edited by Blobulle
  • Brohoof 1

Quite happy to see Scootaloo win her first matchup- was definitely not expecting that one!

As for these matchups, I seem to be amongst the majority in voting for Rarity, Twilight and Derpy. As much as I like both Spitfire and Vinyl Scratch/DJ Pon-3, it's hard to vote against any of the Mane 6. And I'm not much of a Sunset Shimmer fan, so picking Derpy was an easy choice here!

• Brohoof 1

cFUYE5A.png

(edited)

Gooooo Rarity and Twilight! :D

Sunset got my vote over Derpy also. 

Edited by Guest

Everyone: Derpy!

Me: Sunset?

• Brohoof 4

Have the courage to think and act on your own. And have the courage to disobey.

(edited)

I have a couple of things to say about last night's game, all of which I'll place as a commentator:

----------

It was a game filled with suspense and drama. The stuff World Cup dreams are composed and shattered. It was perhaps the closest World Cup match we have and will ever witness in the group stages. It was a game between a filly and a princess. It was a game that had the possibility of changing the complexion of Group D. That game was Scootaloo vs Princess Celestia. It was a game that began with a slender lead by Princess Celestia at half time, but over the second half, Scootaloo made what may have been a miracle push. Down by over 10 votes, Scootaloo made the audacious push to tie Princess Celestia hours before the game ended. She then made the final push... to barely take a 67-64 victory. A vote for Princess Celestia, and the game would have ended in a draw.

Throughout the game, Scootaloo was called the underdog. Fans mentioned her wings and her small stature. They mentioned her facing up to a pony who was essentially a goddess, and how Scootaloo was a chicken as implied by Applebloom in Season 1. But she managed to prevail. Her fans carried her to newer heights and came up with a storied victory. Nevertheless, as the seeded character, Scootaloo should have taken a larger margin. But instead, we have here a potential World Cup fairytale, the stuff World Cups are made of. Will Scootaloo keep this magic up, or will it fade away? What do you think , @PE Brony, and ? Will we also see more matches like this as the World Cup progresses?

---

Edited by Sterling Crimson
  • Brohoof 6