Ninja Derpy

My idea is below.  

50 users have voted

1. 1. Do you think this is a good idea?

• Yes
    • No
    • Not sure

(edited)

I don't think so, it would be a "dumb" move on hasbro's end...why?

MONEY, the whole reason why MOST of us are on this website is gen 4 and only gen 4.

Gen 4 makes money, hasbro want money.

I think it will be a good few years before hasbro make a gen 5.

Erm. No.

The internet wasn't half as popular as it is today when all previous generations were on TV/been made as toys. And even though there would've been people ranging from say, 12-25 on the internet when G4 was out, back then it wasn't exactly the same as it is today... I'd like to say people were a bit more 'normal' :I There wasn't all these internet memes and certain sites to spread something like this around.

The only reason MLP:FiM is so popular, is because of the internet.

Infact I'm almost certain FiM ponies started becoming popular via 4chan and similar sites. It just so happens that people like us happened to actually enjoy the show, be it the animation, music, or just general morals of the show.

Edited by Laydee Kaze
  • Brohoof 1

And like I said before, you all need to realize that Friendship is Magic is just ONE series in the MLP universe.

There's been 11 generations of doctor who. Each series had a different doctor and/or companion.

It's like this.

Generation one of My Little Pony was based in 'Dream Valley'

Generation two in 'Friendship Gardens'

etc etc upto the generation we're on now: Friendship is Magic.

We'll get THREE series of episodes if we're lucky.

Yes, MY LITTLE PONY will go on, and there will be another series. but I highly doubt it will be the Friendship is Magic one. Hasbro will soon move onto other toy commercials, then come back to MLP in a few years, with a new style and series.

But I don't care about MLP at all. I care about MLP:FiM.

And they're going to have a VERY hard time ever filling the hole that'll be left by Twilight Sparkle and Rainbow Dash disapearing...

I mean, when the series ends, it's like all the characters just die. I mean, you'd might as well kill them all off; 'cause they're not doing anything ever again by canon. Just show'em all getting executed Hasbro, cause when you end the series, that's what you're doing! :(

And no matter what you say about Dr. Who, The Doctor has survived the entire time. Granted, different forms, but he's almost always been the same genius, somewhat crazy, funny, Time Lord. And there are countless shows with many characters, all of whom have survived a decade or more, or at least many years.

Hasbro has a huge following with G4 they never could've anticipated, I'd kinda have to agree with this post:

I don't think so, it would be a "dumb" move on hasbro's end...why?

MONEY, the whole reason why MOST of us are on this website is gen 4 and only gen 4.

Gen 4 makes money, hasbro want money.

I think it will be a good few years before hasbro make a gen 5.

Maybe some bronies will lose interest, but that probably won't happen at a fast enough rate to offset the increase in brony population. Most people still haven't heard of it, and by the time most people have, the bronies might have as much spending power as the original target demographic, despite being a smaller population.

Plus, a show does well enough, it warrants it's own TV series. It doesn't matter if it's a toy company, if they make money from something, and good TV shows do (otherwise, why does Simpsons keep playing?), then they'd be dumb to pull it.

And they're going to have a VERY hard time ever filling the hole that'll be left by Twilight Sparkle and Rainbow Dash disapearing...

I mean, when the series ends, it's like all the characters just die. I mean, you'd might as well kill them all off; 'cause they're not doing anything ever again by canon. Just show'em all getting executed Hasbro, cause when you end the series, that's what you're doing! :(

And no matter what you say about Dr. Who, The Doctor has survived the entire time. Granted, different forms, but he's almost always been the same genius, somewhat crazy, funny, Time Lord. And there are countless shows with many characters, all of whom have survived a decade or more, or at least many years.

Hasbro has a huge following with G4 they never could've anticipated, I'd kinda have to agree with this post:

Maybe some bronies will lose interest, but that probably won't happen at a fast enough rate to offset the increase in brony population. Most people still haven't heard of it, and by the time most people have, the bronies might have as much spending power as the original target demographic, despite being a smaller population.

Plus, a show does well enough, it warrants it's own TV series. It doesn't matter if it's a toy company, if they make money from something, and good TV shows do (otherwise, why does Simpsons keep playing?), then they'd be dumb to pull it.

I just want to put a couple of points forward here...

• These are cartoon characters, not human beings. They are fictional.
  • This is a TV show with the intention to make money.
  • The 'brony population' is rather small in the scheme of things.
  • It's still possible that to most people, liking the show is just a fad.
Most people don't become overly obsessed with a show. I enjoy the show, yeah, but I enjoy a lot of other shows too. I have enjoyed other shows in the past, but every show has its day where you see all the jokes, you hear all the laughs and it loses its appeal. To become melodramatic about this happening is rather pathetic, when this day happens, people lose interest out of choice. If they wanted to remain watching the show at this point then they would, but the fact is that when most people become bored of the show then it will move on to a new generation of ponies that people can enjoy.

End of story, this is a TV show/Franchise aimed at profiting a company. It is a nice TV show yes, but to think that a company will invest millions of dollars into maintaining a franchise aimed at pleasing a small target fanbase which does not allow for it to break even is ludicrous.

The ponies aren't going to die off, since for the most part, they're just redesigns of older characters, and as far as I can remember from watching MLP as a kid, their personalities are similar. Not completely, but yanno.

Posted Image

Hasbro aren't 'executing' them, since characters like applejack have been used over and over in the generations. Hasbro just have their names and titles and such, so when G5 DOES get made, they'd have to ask Hasbro for permission for certain characters, just like Faust had to do with Applejack: and if not, redesign the characters and tweak the names SLIGHTLY. But that's how their new toy line gets made anyway. They're all just tweaked and recoloured versions of older ponies.

But the fact with Dr. Who, is that the Characters are almost always similar [JUST like MLP]. All that happens is he's in a different location [Just like MLP] with different companions [..you get the idea]

I'm not saying that Bronies are going to die off as soon as FiM Ends. NOR Am I saying it's going to end soon; like I said, we might even get a third season.

I think you all just really need to take a step back and look at the history of MLP and Hasbro in general. It's going to happen at some point :/

• Brohoof 1

At one point the show will serious up. There will be an amazing season with an actual story arc, and that will be the end. Then we'll have a finished product thast will be able to become a classic and resist the test of time.

It could go on forever, but eventually people would get worn out of it. (Or we would just simply grow up?) I really dunno. I stopped watching spongebob cause I grew up. But it is still on, is it any good now? Does any of you now?

Growing UP is an option.

Growing OLD is a requirement.

• Brohoof 2

Also would just like to point out that Doctor Who HAS gone on too long and has become mundane/run out of ideas for most people, at least in the UK.

I'm getting a little confused with the posts here xD Are you saying that "Yes I agree that I WANT it to last forever, but I know it won't, so I will continue to believe it will" or are you saying "The show will last forever, but I can see how there's a possibility it won't"? :P

Hasbro isn't dumb, but after a few series of this show, interest will start to dry up, which is when Hasbro pull it and move on to G5. The few bronies left who want the show to continue won't be able to provide as much money as the combination of bronies/younger generation who buy the merchandise now. :P

Well, that's what the Not Sure button was for, thank Celestia! I can see why some people would vote for no and yes, but for those who think either is possible, they vote in the middle. I want My Little Pony to continue forever as much as the next pony, but I don't want the show to suffer, neither do I want to see the viewers suffer.

(edited)

I'd rather see the show end on a high note rather than it drag on forever and turn to crap. As other have pointed out, when you drag out a series for too long, the quality suffers. But if you keep it short and sweet, you get something of better quality.

However, it is possible to have a long series of high quality, and Fullmetal Alchemist comes to mind. A manga series of 20+ volumes that ran for a deacde, 2 anime adaptions (one a direct adaptation, one an alternate story) and both anime versions have 50 or more episodes. All throughout the series, there was quality writing that remained constant throughout, and built up to a terrific grand fanallie. So it is possible to at least have a long running series thats great, however its very rare and it all comes down to who is involved. I can still list off numerous series that should've ended but where dragged on, and the quality suffered horribly over time.

So i'd prefer not to see it go on "forever", but I would love to see it go on for as long as possible as long as the writers can keep coming up with fresh, new material. So in the meantime, we should keep buying the toys anyways, so that way the show won't end prematurely, as I know we all don't want to see that happen either.

Growing UP is an option.

Growing OLD is a requirement.

I wish I could like this comment more than once. Even though i'm 22 I still enjoy stuff for kids, then my dad, who is 65 still enjoys cracking jokes even when everyone told him to get serious.

Life is short. Why not enjoy it?

Edited by SailorCardKnight
  • Brohoof 2

I just realized from all of your posts that the lesson to be learned from this thread is "Quality over Quantity". Just like in The Super Speedy Cider Squeezy 6000!! Where the apple family battles the Flim Flam Bros and Quantity fails!!!! If you want something good, it has to be short and slow. Not super fast and big. Because, as I have said many times, Quality beats Quantity. Lesson Learned.
  • Brohoof 2

I just realized from all of your posts that the lesson to be learned from this thread is "Quality over Quantity". Just like in The Super Speedy Cider Squeezy 6000!! Where the apple family battles the Flim Flam Bros and Quantity fails!!!! If you want something good, it has to be short and slow. Not super fast and big. Because, as I have said many times, Quality beats Quantity. Lesson Learned.

Good analogy! :D It's exactly like that!

What about the voice actors?

We could have a next generation of Voice Actors...

Brian Blessed, Patrick Stuart, Robin Williams, Tara Strong, Tom Cruise and Steven Merchant.

• Brohoof 1

so following it's own advice the show should slow down on the episode making choose not to go on if the quality isnt good

Pretty sure this has been said

But the ponies brand line has been around since the early 1980's. Even if this series does die off they'll just respawn it under a different incarnation. Personally this is my favorite series I've ever seen of MLP and hope they stick to the winning formula.

• Brohoof 1

If/When they make a gen 5, I would want to have the same animation style and the same setting in equestria. Also the characters should have cameos. That would be awesome. But personally i dont think id want g4 to last FOREVER. I mean it would be weird being 80 years old and still new g4 episodes are coming out. The only way it could really last forever was if we all actually lived in Equestria

Eh, how long would it be able to last until the writers begin to run out of ideas? You'd be suprised find out how hard it actually is to continually make new episodes. In my opinion, I'd want the the show to go out with a bang as opposed to having it die in a horribly written mess.

• Brohoof 1

I honestly think the show should go on for a really long time, maybe two decades or so, but if they stretch it out too long they might run out of ideas or lessons, and either have some character antidevelopment, or come up with new characters.