Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

The Make the Forums a Better Place Challenge!

Sweet Dreams

The Make-The-Forums-A-Better-Place Challenge

Hey everyone! My name is Sweet Dreams. Maybe you heard of me, maybe we've talked. The likelihood is that you have no bucking idea who I am, and that's okay. But, I still wanna give you all a little challenge to help this forum become a better place.

Why?

Because I can't help but notice that this place has really begun to give off a bad vibe the last few months. I've seen many blogs about this issue, and I must agree. Our members just don't seem as happy as they used to be. Even Chrysalis is pissed-

post-14338-0-22026100-1387324055_thumb.jpg

Well, maybe it's not that bad. But this forum has really become a second home for me, and I hate seeing you guys get upset. And, I found that when I saw people saying that they feel alone and upset here, it affected me in real life, it actually put me in a bad mood, and I come here to put me in a good one. Even if you disagree with me, a few more smiles couldn't hurt, right?

That's why I'd like everyone to help out.

How do I become a part of it?

Just be kind! Act as a role model to other members by staying positive, starting new threads, and making sure your fellow members never feel lonely. The only way to brighten this place up is friendship. After all, Friendship is Magic.

What I am asking you to do is simple-

Compliment someone.

Welcome a new member.

Make a new friend or two.

Help someone out.

Report a troll.

Share some brohoofs.

and most importantly

Give someone a virtual hug, because you can't get a virtual hug without smiling. :)

All you need to do is one thing on the list to be a part of the challenge, and I know that this will be a happier place.

So, come one guys! Maybe it's snowy and cold outside, but we can make this place warm enough to make up for it. :)

Kind words are short and easy to speak but their echoes are truly endless. ~ Mother Teresa

So... Are you in? :)

• Brohoof 54

Hey everyone! My name is Sweet Dreams. Maybe you heard of me, maybe we've talked. The likelihood is that you have no bucking idea who I am, and that's okay. But, I still wanna give you all a little challenge to help this forum become a better place.

Why?

Because I can't help but notice that this place has really begun to give off a bad vibe the last few months. I've seen many blogs about this issue, and I must agree. Our members just don't seem as happy as they used to be. Even Chrysalis is pissed-

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

Well, maybe it's not that bad. But this forum has really become a second home for me, and I hate seeing you guys get upset. And, I found that when I saw people saying that they feel alone and upset here, it affected me in real life, it actually put me in a bad mood, and I come here to put me in a good one. Even if you disagree with me, a few more smiles couldn't hurt, right?

Just be kind! Act as a role model to other members by staying positive, starting new threads, and making sure your fellow members never feel lonely. The only way to brighten this place up is friendship. After all, Friendship is Magic.

Compliment someone.

Welcome a new member.

Help someone out.

Report a troll.

Share some brohoofs.

and most importantly

Give someone a virtual hug, because you can't get a virtual hug without smiling. :)

All you need to do is one thing on the list to be a part of the challenge, and I know that this will be a happier place.

So, come one guys! Maybe it's snowy and cold outside, but we can make this place warm enough to make up for it. :)

Kind words are short and easy to speak but their echoes are truly endless. ~ Mother Teresa

TOTALLY!! :lol: I always try to be nice and help other members cause I hate making others feel bad. I always feel sad whenever I see a depressing status update or I see members complaining about how the forums just isn't the same and there's been alot of conflict. Well I hope we can fix that :) *hugs to all* :yay:

• Brohoof 9

TOTALLY!! :lol: I always try to be nice and help other members cause I hate making others feel bad. I always feel sad whenever I see a depressing status update or I see members complaining about how the forums just isn't the same and there's been alot of conflict. Well I hope we can fix that :) *hugs to all* :yay:

I concur with Pink Mist, seeing depressed status updates does make me feel quite...sad. I'm willing to help to hopefully restore some of the former glory that I rememberr so fondly x3

• Brohoof 7

Totally super agreeomenteo brosif!

Ok that was a weird thing to say... you moved me to speak in jibberish THANKS ALOT BUSTAH GOSH! ;p.

Sorry xD. 

But yeah i totally agree, i love all the people here, and seeing people down here legitemently puts me down to, so i want to help, and i have a buck ton of happy energy right now, so i think i'm gonna put some of it to good use. And of course make extra efforts down the line!

Great cause and total agreement to everything you said! 

I am more then happy to owe my aligence to you!

Er.. I mean CHALLENGE ACCEPTED! 

• Brohoof 6

Already way ahead of you, I discussed this with a few members and I decided that I'd start doing something about this. So I have, since this forum is to me the same as it is to you. So it's important and even though people may feel like nobody cares I do care. When my friends feel down, I feel down so I'm trying my best.

I love you all!

• Brohoof 7

December is supposed to be full of good holiday cheer, but yet it seems winter's gloom has taken over a lot of members from what I've noticed. :(

I love this idea Sweet Dreams, and if there's anything I can do to cheer up another member who might be down in the dumps then I am more than happy to oblige. :)

Pinkie Pie has a message for us all:

img-2121892-1-0.jpg

Edited by Sugar Cube
  • Brohoof 11

Why?

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

Compliment someone.

Welcome a new member.

Help someone out.

Report a troll.

Share some brohoofs.

and most importantly

Man, I remember when I first joined. It was almost 2 months ago.

I posted a topic in the Welcoming Plaza in the middle of my English class, as soon as I set up an avatar and an account and what not :D

I remember no one responded for around 30 minutes...honestly, I was embarrassed. I didn't feel welcomed. I didn't think I was wanted here, and I thought I was going to get driven off of the site with either being ignored, or harassment, just like what happened with with the first two sites I joined for MLP, basically. (Derpibooru, the latter of the two, is a pisshole.)

I was so scared. I almost was ready to leave the fandom.

Then, BOOM! :D

All of a sudden, I start getting bullrushed with welcomings!! :D I was so happy! I couldn't even respond to each one I started getting them so quickly! :D

I remember all I did after that was try and make friends, welcome the new dudes, PM people...oh man, it was great!! I looked forward to coming home from work and getting on here. It's all I wanted to do! I'd live on this site if I could, and I still feel that way! :D

...but, dude.

It's gotten so gloomy lately. 

And honestly, there's been a few members who've contributed greatly the the gloominess by being rude to other members, and even the mods. Out of nowhere, a couple of people I used to have on my "best friends on the forums" list on my profile just did a total 180 and got banned.

What the hell happened, dude? :(

I see rudeness everywhere I go. I see complaining, fighting...hell, I've even gotten hate mail just because of my best pony in the past.

Man, I'm accepting this challenge! 

I want it to feel like it was when I first joined, back when I was a still a muffin, trying to become a cupcake.

I'll do anything I can to contribute! :D

*game face time*

rarity_vector_by_lazy_joe-d52a0qj.png

• Brohoof 10

Challenge Accepted!

Unfortunately, I'm going to have spotty attendance in the next week and a half because I'm away to another country (Canada) for Christmas. But I'll do the best I can.

• Brohoof 5

I imagine this opinion will be unpopular, however, I am up for the swift removal of the brohoof button.

I have always despised these 'like', '+1', and other variants of these "lazy buttons". People will click and move on, and shortcut the entire communication process. This leads to an automated, robotic feeling. Who wants to be nice to a robot? Before you answer that, remember the last time you had to navigate a tech support phone menu.

You have my support on that. I mean, the button is there with good intentions, but it's a real lazy method of support.

• Brohoof 2

Well, it was your blog that gave me the push to make it, so really, you're to be thanked as well! :)

I'm touched...seriously, I really am. Means a lot to hear you say that just that one little blog pushed you into making such an amazing challenge. :)

I wanna shed a tear.

• Brohoof 3

So, er, how to you think that it should be done?

I mean, I dunno. It seems fine to me.

And sorta off-topic.

Oh, I meant 'like' and '+1' buttons in general. The brohoof button is really neat, but I don't see a full-fledged purpose other than being similar to the 'like' button on facebook.