Ra1nbowCrasH

99 users have voted

1. 1. Did you like it?

• No, I hated it!
    • I didn't like it.
    • Meh. It was ok.
    • I liked it!
    • I LOVED IT!

@@Arctofire, following consultation with the FiM Staff team, I have merged your thread with the episode's dedicated thread in the Season Discussion sub-forums of Show Discussion. This is due to the thread's focus on a single episode (or in this case, a double episode) and such discussion is more appropriate for posting in each episode's exclusive thread. Please take care to consider the appropriate location of a thread before posting. Many thanks :)

• 1 month later...

Actually, I do turn grey when I lose a friend ;)

Seriously, I think Discord was turning the ponies grey as a symbol that he considered them defeated (like turning the property card over in Monopoly when it is mortgaged).

Although, this raises the question of "When they returned for the 2nd try, why didn't Discord notice they weren't grey?"  Perhaps the writers were doing it so the fans could keep track, like the line of scrimmage line in a TV broadcast football game.  

I find it interesting that the only two characters to directly mention the grayness were Spike and Pinkie. Pinkie has the reputation for being a Fourth Wall observer, and Spike has shown the ability in Lesson Zero to interact with Twilight's imagine spots. Although Twilight responds with "Don't ask..." when Spike mentions it, so it's possible that she sees it, too... even though she didn't react to it earlier. Possibly she didn't notice it because it wasn't until they arrived at the Library that it becomes unmistakeable.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

This, Just... THIS.. This is suck a great episode, Discord is so awsome and i love the kind of darker elements like manipulation and all that that was in this episode ^^

Such a great episode 12/10

• 2 weeks later...

It was such an awesome episode  :pinkie:. John de Lancie was just too perfect as Discord  :pinkie:. I found the plot to be pretty good, I thought that they solved things too easily and as if it was just planned they would do it, but nonetheless, I was entertained  :proud:

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

It may will surprise someone, but i actually didnt liked the Episode at all.

And after i heard the second season was better than the first and after all that praise for Discord i really expected much.

But the Episodes were just boring to me. I didnt liked the Jokes Discord made, and as an villain...i dont know, he just creates Chaos...a little...nothing to dramatic.There was barely any fight scene and the only thing that happened was that he teared the mane 6 apart by changing there characters. 

The only scene i liked was as Fluttershy trow the bucket at Twilight. 

Everything else just..meh. After Nightmare Moon, Discord was not terrifying at all and uninteresting. I have seen even members of the mane 6 creating more Chaos than him in some episodes. Also i didnt watched Star Trek, so i also didnt know the voice actor at all.

All in all...Discord was for me disappointing as an Villain and therefore both episodes boring.

Sry, but this Episode also made me lose my interest in Mlp completely for some time.  :wacko:

It was just not my thing.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Best episodes in the series so far I think. Definitely a step up from season 1, although I did enjoy plenty of season 1 episodes... But you can't beat Discord. He's so awesome, and actually quite funny. But I didn't understand why, after all of the mane 6 except Twilight were changed, there didn't seem to be anypony else around town. No one running, or anything. The mane 6 appeared to be the only ponies still in Ponyville until everyone returned at the end XD

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Cherilee: And this is the famous rock that a face rock, the rock that looks like a face

Snails: Does it look like a rock?

Cherilee: No it looks like a face

Sweetie Belle: Is it a face?

Cherilee: No it's a rock that looks like a face!

Cherilee: For the 5th time it's not an actual face!

• 5 months later...

Ah, yes... the first time my ADORING public first laid their eyes upon me!

Indeed, it was quite a moment, wasn't it?  Here I had thought that I would prove to be the better of precious little Twilight Sparkle and the others, and yet...

Ha ha ha ha HAAAAAAAA hahahahahahahaaa!!!!!  Yes, yes - "defeated" by them - oh, surely my BEST TRICK EVER...

What am I talking about, you ask?  You'll see... 

• 1 month later...

I'd have to say that, out of the four two-partners of the first three seasons, that this one might be the best.

It features the debut of the hilarious and competent villain Discord and, unlike the villains of the premier or the latter episodes, he actually managed to succeed in his goals of turning Equestria into a world of chaos by the end of the first part. He also managed to affect the entire mane six through his manipulations, unlike the other villains who either weren't successful (Nightmare Moon), went after other characters (Queen Chrysalis), or wreaking havoc on a different town (King Sombra), with usually only Twilight Sparkle being the only one of the six to be truly affected. Not to mention that the mane six are the ones to have ultimately defeated him themselves compared to Princess Cadence and Shining Armor defeating Chrysalis or Spike defeating Sombra (which is actually fine in a different way).

• 4 weeks later...

Still, to this day..this is one of my all time favorite episodes! Discord is my favorite Pony Villian and he's just loads of laughs and fun! I also really liked the fact he reminded me so much of his voice actor's other role as Q, from Star Trek, which is a character I also love!

I guess the song "Discord" has contributed as well since then, but at the time this aired that wasn't out yet and I was just having all kinds of fun! Personally..i wish chocolate rain had stayed! Besides, I'll bet Tay Zonday would've loved it! (teehee snort snot..yeah someone else probably made that joke before lol)

I loved how he systematically went after each of the Mane 6's weaknesses...though with Rarity it didn't feel like she became her opposite..just her usual, self, vain, self..just more honest about it. (Rarity is my least fav of the mane 6 for that reason) either way..it was amazing to see that Fluttershy stood so strong throughout it as well. She's just so hopefully, kind and positive. Seeing how Pinkie changed was also somewhat heartbreaking! All in all, an amazing start to what is arguably, to this day the beast season of MLP:Friendship is Magic.

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I find it strange and kinda amusing how a good three-quarters of this two-parter are dedicated to the mane six falling directly into a trap. Every re-watch makes the trap seem more obvious, and the six's utter lack of skepticism more conspicuous. Not that this is a bad thing. I always find it interesting how this is the only two-parter where the mane six unambiguously fail - Twilight is about to leave town before Celestia bails her out - and increasingly I wonder why they would trust Discord in the first place. The final quarter, where Twilight comes back and saves her friends, feels slightly rushed to me, but most of Discord's entertainment value comes from when he's in control. The episodes have a lot of inventive gags, but they're also defined by Discord's ability to mess around with the mane six unperturbed, and that he faces so few obstacles until the very end - treating the six like toys in his sandbox above all else - feels more and more delightfully strange with each re-watch. There's nothing else like it in the show. 

• 1 month later...