Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Why does Diamond Tiara act mean?

Scarlet Letter

Yeah rich people are wealthy. But just cuz they have money doesn't mean they need to feel like they are better than anyone else. That nastiness that came with DT didn't come from money, it came from something or somewhere else. DT's father seems pretty nice to me

Lol really? Ah so its a pure bred i think. I want to hear more about this family of yours, they sound interesting XD

Yeah, but since she's only a kid, she'd be less mature than her father, and that's why she could feel that way. Also, I said often not always. I agree that not every rich person thinks that they're better than everyone else, that just seemed the way DT thought. There could easily be another reason to why she acts mean, but that's probably the reason the show intended. Of course, the writers could surprise us with some sort of 'dark past', but I doubt the writers would delve into DT's past too much, let alone make it too awful. Maybe she could have been bullied when she was younger, but I doubt it.

Anyway, that's just my opinion on it. We all have our own head canons and the only way to prove any of them wrong is for one to appear in the show so... *shrugs*

• Brohoof 1

Yeah, but since she's only a kid, she'd be less mature than her father, and that's why she could feel that way. Also, I said often not always. I agree that not every rich person thinks that they're better than everyone else, that just seemed the way DT thought. There could easily be another reason to why she acts mean, but that's probably the reason the show intended. Of course, the writers could surprise us with some sort of 'dark past', but I doubt the writers would delve into DT's past too much, let alone make it too awful. Maybe she could have been bullied when she was younger, but I doubt it.

Anyway, that's just my opinion on it. We all have our own head canons and the only way to prove any of them wrong is for one to appear in the show so... *shrugs*

Yeah I agree its your opinion. I was just pointing out a possible theory

• Brohoof 1

In my experience with people who have been as mean as Diamond Tiara, there's usually something dysfunctional about their home life and they try to hide it or channel their aggression onto others. Not every problem can be solved by throwing money at it. And I really don't believe that people/kids are mean "just because"

I think this could make a good episode, honestly. Showing that no matter how well off you may be, everyone has problems that they're dealing with and that it's possible to be forgiven and move on from bad decisions you've made in the past. Diamond Tiara and the CMC don't have to become the best of friends, but there can still be a general understanding and acceptance between them.

I really would like more background information on her, though. I would hate to have it be the stereotypical "she's mean just because she's rich and spoiled". Diamond Tiara totally has the ability to become a three dimensional character and I would think the writers can rise above a trope.

• Brohoof 2

In my experience with people who have been as mean as Diamond Tiara, there's usually something dysfunctional about their home life and they try to hide it or channel their aggression onto others. Not every problem can be solved by throwing money at it. And I really don't believe that people/kids are mean "just because"

I think this could make a good episode, honestly. Showing that no matter how well off you may be, everyone has problems that they're dealing with and that it's possible to be forgiven and move on from bad decisions you've made in the past. Diamond Tiara and the CMC don't have to become the best of friends, but there can still be a general understanding and acceptance between them.

I really would like more background information on her, though. I would hate to have it be the stereotypical "she's mean just because she's rich and spoiled". Diamond Tiara totally has the ability to become a three dimensional character and I would think the writers can rise above a trope.

Couldn't have said it any better myself

Diamond Tiara is mean because the CMC's need an antagonist. And seeing as they are only fillies, it would be out of place for them to face a villain on the level of Nightmare Moon or Discord... That or Diamond Tiara is a word I cant say right now.

• Brohoof 2

Diamond Tiara is mean because the CMC's need an antagonist. And seeing as they are only fillies, it would be out of place for them to face a villain on the level of Nightmare Moon or Discord... That or Diamond Tiara is a word I cant say right now.

Lol i know what word you are talking about

I think we all have terrible words for Diamond Tiara. I mean making fun of the disabled for being disabled. That's just low, even for her. But apparently not. Hey, you think Silver Spoon is saying "Yeah, somethings wrong here."

• Brohoof 1

I think we all have terrible words for Diamond Tiara. I mean making fun of the disabled for being disabled. That's just low, even for her. But apparently not. Hey, you think Silver Spoon is saying "Yeah, somethings wrong here."

DT basically is a rotten pony with no life whatsoever

Are you sure that's not you Pinkamena? lol

Maybe..... ;)

Kids can be mean, but DT goes out of her way to torment the CMC. no motivation is given.

A sadistic sociopath needs no more motivation than their own sick twisted amusement at the suffering they bring to others.

• Brohoof 1

That is a good questions. Why does she act so mean?

Is it because her family is rich?

Is her family powerful?

Does she do it because she's lonely?

Many of these could be true, but I don't really believe any of those ideas. We have not had any episodes look at her. So till then it could be any reason.