Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

"Princess" Twilight gets no attention

Seaweed-Headed Dragon

That is what some critics have been saying lately, Twilight knows that she doesn't want to be referred to as a princess but a lot of ponies should know that Twilight saved Equestria with her friends on a lot of occasions.

Maybe the writers didn't want to make it too obvious or add changes that would be too drastic.
I mean, you guys saw how the fandom reacted to her becoming an alicorn.

They did say that she would still be the same Twilight. It seems to be a damned if you do, damned if you don't situation.

• Brohoof 1

One of the writers, maybe Josh Haber, said that it's partly explained by her having no role as a princess yet. She has no impact on any ponies life, so they don't treat her different. As far as she, and the others, saving Equestria multiple times and nobody caring that's an on going issue.

In this episode alone every pony just went crazy over Rainbow Dash and virtually ignored Princess Twilight Sparkle. In RTM she couldn't even get a cab for her friends. Everyone treats her like a normal pony for some odd reason

• Brohoof 1

Maybe because she IS a normal pony? She has no palace, no subjects, no word on law, hell she isn't even bothered to be asked to the castle by Celestia to deal with royal duties. She is Princess in TITLE only. No one cares.

Personally I think people need to ask this question on LESS of her being a Princess and MORE on the fact that she has

• Bested Discord
  • Beaten Sombra
  • Saved Cadence
  • Faced Nightmare Moon

No pony cares that she did all that - same with the other 5 so why should they care about her being a TITLE only princess?

And why should she? She's the same Twilight just with wings, why should she get anymore attention than she did in the last  3 seasons? I think they're doing a great job with her this season.

Because it makes Magical Mystery Cure completely pointless. 

I never agreed with the decision to make her princess to begin with, but now that she is Princess, they should have fully committed.  It's bad writing for them to have her be princess only when it's convenient. 

• Brohoof 3

Honestly, I feel that she has become better at being a leader to the others, and really I would go for slow gradual advancement rather than "OKAY TWILIGHT, HERE'S A SCEPTER AND A KINGDOM. CHOP CHOP."

I'm actually glad she's not prancing around saying "Bow down to me, I'm Princess and I'm you're ruler." Besides I thought I read that she'll have more royal duties coming up later this season. Still I'm not too worried or concerned about it.

• Brohoof 2

I'm actually glad she's not prancing around saying "Bow down to me, I'm Princess and I'm you're ruler." Besides I thought I read that she'll have more royal duties coming up later this season. Still I'm not too worried or concerned about it.

Though there are a few plotholes of crap like why the taxi drivers are not like "HEY I REMEMBER YOU. YOU'RE THE PRINCESS." Instead of being like "lol fug yew, wait in line like everyone else betch."

Twilight doesn't want other ponies kissing her hooves and giving her treatment like Celestia, Luna, and Cadence. She made that perfectly clear with her best friends at the beginning of the season.

I do think it's strange though. Everypony knows Alicorn are royalty, but pay no mind to Twilight Sparkle. Odd, but I guess it's because she isn't widely known, like Princesses who rule their own kingdom. I came down to the conclusion just now that maybe Alicorns isn't so out of the norm like they were. Think about it, there are billions of ponies. I'm sure there are other Alicorns out there, unless they were proven worthy and magically turned into one like Twilight Sparkle. 

With all these princesses, i'm sure civilians feel the same we do. THE AMOUNT OF ALICORNS IS TOO DAMN HIGH.

Edited by Kitteh-Chan

Well think about it for a moment. Twilight just changed into a Alicorn not too long ago right? Sure she has done *a lot* of stuff in Ponyville in the time she has moved there. But she is still very new into this whole change. Celestia & Luna have been around for a very long time mind you so their manner / behavior is going to be much more refined and also they are like the most well known characters in the region. 

Another thing to keep in mind, Twiley may not even want that kind of attention just because now she has changed into "princess status". I personally like the fact they let her be herself and not being followed / guarded all the time like Celestia/Luna/Cadence is. So it all has to do with the amount of time they have been in that status. I want Twiley to remain to be herself so that her new "status" does not have to affect her personality.

• Brohoof 1

Well none of the 6 have gotten any praise for saving the world like 5 or 6 times. It would get kinda old if everypony had to bow down to her every episode.

It could also be their still waiting for Twilight to do something big, before she is accepted as a true princess. 

It's just common syndrome of people don't giving a shit about hero who saved the world multiple times. Especially in such games like Skyrim, nobody cares that you killed hundreds of dragons, you still have to prove yourself by killing some insignificant minor creature if you want to join the legion for example.

It's very strange and awkward showing rather poor writing. It makes whole story unconvincing.
But in case of Twilight is not so bad, I prefer much more her acting like normal pony who she was before. And I think that this also proves that her transformation was just too early.

She secretly cast a spell that makes her look like a different pony to everyone except her close friends.

Blow your mind much?

I've heard that theory before and I don't believe it. It just doesn't seem like something Twilight would do.

It's kind of a status quo is god trope.

Things aren't changing for the mane 6 because it would be too hard for the plot to occur.

Imagine Rarity Takes Manehattan except everyone takes into account that they are super nice to Twilight and her friends because they saved Equestria a number of times and are pretty much as famous as the Princesses themselves. They'd get special treatment all around and no room for any plot to form.

You're right for the most part. But I think that's intentional. For the buhmillionth time, I feel the need to point out what purpose the S4 premiere served. Aside from establishing a plot arc, it also served to move Twilight into the background. We learned that Twilight still doesn't really want to be a Princess, so she doesn't act like one. We learned that her character is as fleshed out as can be without being Mary Sue-ish. Done. Now have her go to the back of the room so:

CMCs develop

Rarity peaks

Rainbow Dash peaks

Spitfire learns

Coco Pommel learns

Snowflake gets some character

Derpy gets some character

Among other things.

Twilight was intentionally phased out a bit so other characters could grow. And we aren't without little things to show that she is still a character. She shows strong leadership, but also shows the same goofiness we're used to. Further, Rainbow Falls had a fun little bit where Twilight acted like a little Trollestia-in-training, by telling RD to figure it out on her own. Plus, next week is a Twilight episode, so there. She is hanging out with Cadence to be all princessy.