Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

If you had a Death Note, would you use it?

Sugar Pea

I'm sure most of you probably don't know what a Death Note is, if you haven't seen the anime.

Hopefully we have some people here who have. xD
In case you don't, here is what a Death Note is:

"Death Note": a notebook from the realm of the Death Gods, with the power to kill people in any way the person wielding it desires.

Sounds dark, but think about it. If you had the option to get rid, or to murder, the baddest criminals the world with this thing, would you? Even if you won't be able to go to either heaven or hell and put great judgement on others who "deserve it"?

I'll let you decide. >:3

• Brohoof 6

Not really, even on ruthless criminals. If I murdered a criminal using a death note, I would become the same person that the criminal I killed was and just become corrupt with power. Sounds cool though. :P

• Brohoof 4

Well isn't one of the rules if you use it once you cannot stop using it?

that puts a lot more pressure on you knowing that if you use it even once you would have to use it again.

there's a few people I dislike I'd be lying if I said I didn't want some of them to die in a fire literally but I wouldn't use the death note knowing I'd have to continue after using it once

I definitely would. I would make myself a god who decides on who is going to live and who is going to die, passing judgement on mankind. I guess it would be for the best if I never had such a thing...

Well isn't one of the rules if you use it once you cannot stop using it?

That was a rule, Ryuk edited into the Death Note to trick L, it's actually a fake rule.

Edited by Takumi Nishijou :3

I definitely would. I would make myself a god who decides on who is going to live and who is going to die, passing judgement on mankind. I guess it would be for the best if I never had such a thing...

oh god....I'd fear for my life after sending you the g3 tavi :s

That was a rule, Ryuk edited into the Death Note to trick L, it's actually a fake rule.

oh :P haven't watched it for awhile guess I should at some point again xD

I have heard about this anime many times, and yet I have to catch up to it, but thanks for the reminder.

As for the question, well, despite me being dark, emotionless, and serious most of the times, I can't do it, within my own mind, conscience, and well being, I can't bring myself to do something that evil, well, maybe....  

I'd use it to rid the world of scumbags. By scumbags, I mean criminals, corrupt and greedy leaders, and basically all the filth that makes the human race look bad. Get rid of the trash, as I say.

• Brohoof 4

I'm sure most of you probably don't know what a Death Note is, if you haven't seen the anime.

Hopefully we have some people here who have. xD

In case you don't, here is what a Death Note is:

Sounds dark, but think about it. If you had the option to get rid, or to murder, the baddest criminals the world with this thing, would you? Even if you won't be able to go to either heaven or hell and put great judgement on others who "deserve it"?

I'll let you decide. >:3

You also forgot to mention. Using the deathnote sends your soul to limbo upon death. you go to neither heaven or hell. :P

Nah, I would destroy it because there is not one person on earth who could ever use it responcibly. It might be interesting at first, but down the line I can guarentee you there will be way too many issues. Burn the bitch!

I definitely would use it, I wouldn't mind the consequences. I'd create a new world, I'd get rid of most if not almost every criminal in the world I would never get caught. I would be watching the world, controlling it within the shadows. Of course I'd probably try getting myself into a leader position and have access to a satellite images I would have made the deal and thus have the shinigami eyes. So, yeah I'd use it a lot.

Yes. There are far too many people out there who seem to lack morals, and hurt others for fun. I'd use it, and I'd also get some shinigami eyes in the process.

I would try to get rid of all of the terrorists, murderers, rapists, ect. I would "cleanse" the world.

Would I go insane like Light in the process? Most likely.

Edited by Mikami
  • Brohoof 2

You also forgot to mention. Using the deathnote sends your soul to limbo upon death. you go to neither heaven or hell. :P

That's what I basically said. lol

I didn't have to mention Limbo.

V

Even if you won't be able to go to either heaven or hell

I wouldn'y use it. I know there is people who may deserve it, but I'd like to let destiny take the lives of whoever it needs to. I think no one has the right to take away other's lives (just in some cases, maybe). Destroying it or saving it for life would be my right decision here :)

Hard to say, on one hand it can be a powerful tool to rid this world of 'evil' and those who would flee justice's wrath. If properly used, it can bring order and peace to the world by having everyone unanimously living in fear of committing horrid crimes in the first place. 

On the other, one cannot be 100% sure if an individual is truly 'evil' due do how they're depicted by the world/local medias. Unless I could thoroughly read minds and KNOW 100% why they did their acts, if they even did such acts, it'd be a most heinous tool to use. Individuals have been falsely claimed and sentenced to jail in the past, for all I know that 'bad guy' I'm about to kill could easily be an innocent person who was misjudged by the court. 

The winning move is to not use the note at all. 

Anyone ever play Mark of the Ninja?

The ninja had a special tattoo ink that, once applied, would grant its owner extreme powers. However, because this power is very corrupting, and the owner would eventually turn evil, they are forsworn to kill themselves before that happens - and until then, to only use their powers for the betterment of their clan.

What might be an interesting policy for myself would be to spend time searching for someone that I know to be of especially good character, and willing to sacrifice immensely for a good cause. Once I do, I would then search the news for somebody especially in need of death for the betterment of some group (say, a war-hungry African dictator that remains untouchable at all times, and could never be attacked by NATO without endless bloodshed). I'd then write two names; that dictator's name, and my own; and pass the responsibility of the next choice off to the person I chose earlier.

I would use it. But lets hope I never get it in my hands. I would find creative ways to kill people, and it wouldnt happen a lot so I can stay hidden. But since im figuring out a way to get in the cia...a lot of people would be screwed.

Nope - and I'd destroy it in the process. I wouldn't want something like that getting into the wrong hands. However, I will most definitely take a potato chip and eat it:

Death Note is awesome by the way - and this is coming from someone who doesn't really like anime.

• Brohoof 2

It's not my right to determine who lives or dies. As such, I would discard it immediately, and likely try to destroy it in the process. Nothing, not even all-seeing death gods, should have such a power.

• Brohoof 1

If I used this weapon to kill every single criminal in this world, I'd be the only one left.

but what would you deem worthy of killing, what if the person was falsely accused? a lot of people can say they will kill someone but do you have the guts to take someones life? to possibly tear apart someones family?