Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

SoarinDash may be the most likely pairing...

Forlong

I know everyone is going to say, "It's a kids show and Hasbro would never allow that", but...

_Silverbolt___Blackarachnia__by_SeishinK

...I beg to differ.

The HUB being a family friendly network does not mean that romance can't be covered.  Now that I've gotten that out of the way.

So, while I'm not a SoarinDash shipper myself, I can see this pairing as an actual possibility.  Rainbow and Soarin' have a genuine bond that is very important to both of them.  Rainbow Dash tells off Spitfire for mistreating Soarin' and he was the first pony she admitted her lie to.  Soarin' also goes out of his way to compliment Rainbow Dash.  He's also the only Wonderbolt that didn't need to learn what was important to Rainbow.  He understood Dash's decision and supported her.  She's definitely closer to him than any of the other Wonderbolts.

• Brohoof 6

I find it kind of funny when people say that MLP can't have romance because it's a kids show regardless of the fact that we've had Hearts and Hooves Day, Rarity and Prince Blueblood, Twilight and Flash, and you know... Cadence and Shining Armour and the whole wedding thing. In fact, that whole story arc revolved around love.  

Also, previous generations of MLP and many other kid's cartoons involve love, crushes, and romance, so I really don't see what the problem is... 

Anyway, as for SoarinDash, it's possible I guess? I don't really see it happening though.

Edited by Hansel

I say that it is possible, like Sparity.

I want to see more of them in the future, except they won't exactly build up the romance.

Oh snap did we really type the same thing?

That's one heck of a coincidence.

Edited by Tyler Blu Gunderson

They had more positive interaction here than they have had in the past, and it definitely give shippers a lot more fuel, but I still don't think as likely as other hinted ships like Sparity or Cheerimac, especially since they have never even given a hint of romance

Edited by Megas75
  • Brohoof 1

What's wrong with romance that doesn't involve anything naughty? I've seen that in plenty of cartoons.

SoarinDash would be interesting canon because RD and Soarin would have to be very careful not to let their feelings get in the way of their duties, especially if RD does join the Wonderbolts one day.

I don't know about you guys, but I really hope they don't canonically ship a main character in this cartoon. From a writing perspective, it's impossible because they would either have to add it and do nothing with it, rendering it a waste of time for everyone who's not already a shipper for said ship, or add it and then spend a lot of time on it, which would be disastrous for the entire chemistry of the show. 

But really, canonically shipping a main character like Dash with a minor side character who we rarely see like Soarin is... not smart. For a love interest to be good and not a pointless waste of time, they pretty much have to be or become a main or major character, which has problems of it's own, especially in a episodic, slice of life cartoon like this one. It works perfectly in fanon, such as fanfics and fanart, mostly because the problems listed above would be a non concern or could be remedied, but it would be a total train wreck if they actually added it into the canon.

And I know the show has had minor romantic aspects before, but that's totally different than giving a MAIN character a PERMANENT love interest, which is a very significant thing indeed.

Edited by Vixor
  • Brohoof 3

Now that I think about it. Soarin seems to be alot more down to earth in personality in the show than most fics make him out as.

So I'd say yeah, maybe they wouldn't be so bad together.

I wouldn't have a problem with SoarinDash so long as it's done correctly. Don't make it an awkward romance like TwiFlash where they just giggle and blush and do nothing character development wise.

Didn't they already do that stuff in Hearts And Hooves Day, anyway?

*slightly vomits in mouth* Yes, they did, they could probably show a more true and three dimensional side of romance than icky mushy love talk, giggling, and blushing that is hard to look at and listen to and corresponds almost to a 5 year old girls idea of love and romance.

As a paladin I obviously against any shipping like male character + someone from mane 6. No. Just no. By the way, Soarin simply isn't worthy of Raibow Dash.

What? You didn't hear about paladin's brony order?

We are the paladin's - bronies who fights against anything that violates the canons MLP ( Violence, Darkness, Rule 34, Shipping like male character + someone from mane 6)

We are the paladin's men's and women's, who are fighting for the pristine purity of this cartoon.

Join us bronies and pegasisters.

Join us in the shadows where we stand vigilant.

Join us as we carry the duty that can not be forsworn.

And if you will ban, you should know that your sacrifice will not be forgotten.

And that one day we shall join you.

post-23053-0-74249000-1390180158.jpg

Edited by zev_zev
  • Brohoof 1

As a paladin I obviously against any shipping like male character + someone from mane 6. No. Just no. By the way, Soarin simply isn't worthy of Raibow Dash.

What? You didn't hear about paladin's brony order?

We are the paladin's - bronies who fights against anything that violates the canons MLP ( Violence, Darkness, Rule 34, Shipping like male character + someone from mane 6)

We are the paladin's men's and women's, who are fighting for the pristine purity of this cartoon.

Join us bronies and pegasisters.

Join us in the shadows where we stand vigilant.

Join us as we carry the duty that can not be forsworn.

And if you will ban, you should know that your sacrifice will not be forgotten.

And that one day we shall join you.

attachicon.gif??????????? (6).jpg

Okay, instead of the stupid chant, you could have clarified your statement.  What makes you think Soarin' doesn't deserve Rainbow Dash.  Spitfire sure doesn't deserve a teammate (let alone a boyfriend) as loyal as Soarin'.

Okay, instead of the stupid chant, you could have clarified your statement.  What makes you think Soarin' doesn't deserve Rainbow Dash.  Spitfire sure doesn't deserve a teammate (let alone a boyfriend) as loyal as Soarin'.

Because Soarin is a flat, boring character. It's just my opinion. And as like I said earlier, I'm against any shipping between male characters and mane 6.

I would be perfectly okay with it being a pairing if done right. The thing is, sometimes the romance in this show can come off as a bit awkward (Equestria Girls is a perfect example of this). Also they would need to develop Soarin's character a lot. I'm not against romance in the show but if they would do it, they would just need to do it good. 

*slightly vomits in mouth* Yes, they did, they could probably show a more true and three dimensional side of romance than icky mushy love talk, giggling, and blushing that is hard to look at and listen to and corresponds almost to a 5 year old girls idea of love and romance.

Hearts And Hooves Day <<<<< A Canterlot Wedding

Personally, I like soarin, and it would be good if they tried including him more am expanding upon his character. I'm a sucker for romance, and it would be so funny to see dashie trying to not be found out (plus he irony of her being the first to have a steady colt friend. ) The romance wouldn't, as some people say, be "essential" to the show, sure. But truthfully, romances that are "essential" aren't always the best way to do it. If there was a complicated plot where a character had to fall in love purely for the sake of the plot, everyone would hate it. (Coughcoughequestriagirls) But a romance that grows slowly over the course of a season or two could be great. And cute. Besides, think of it like this. How can six mares, old enough and known enough to be very eligible bachelorettes still be single, with basically no love relationships at all? ( although I'll admit this show doesn't always give a buck for reality.) I think it could be cute, unprecedented and ironic for soarin dash to happen and it could work very well, as long as the writers took it slow and expanded on his character. Let the romance seep in slowly. It could work very well, If done very well.

Possible, yes. Likely? Yet to be determined. The way the two interacted in "Rainbow Falls" didn't really convey any noticeable chemistry between the two, as far as I'm concerned; they carried on with each other quite casually. I'm not violently against canonical shipping of any of the Mane 6, and I'd even get behind such pairings if executed well. However, just because the show could conceivably handle a romance plot doesn't mean that it's necessary. The show's been working just fine so far without any of that, and in my opinion, better to preserve that particular status quo than risk poorly executing a romance subplot (remember Brad?) and alienating a significant portion of the fanbase. As far as many are concerned, Hasbro has already jammed a square peg into a round hole with AliTwi, so if that triangular peg's gonna get forced into anything, they'd better get it right.

• Brohoof 2

I think it would be pretty cool if they paired them together. SoarinDash is probably my favorite straight shipping.

The big question is this; Is it actually worth adding it? Does it add anything meaningful by being canon rather than fanon?

Unless a lot of time is spent developing and giving it screentime, the answer is probably no, as it ultimately wouldn't make a difference by being canon rather than just fanon. Giving Soarin and Dash some more normal interaction so fanon shippers will have something to go by is great, but actually adding the ship to the canon serves no purpose unless it has a major impact on the show.

It's a risky, controversial subject, on top of being one that is hard to imagine as being handled well in the show.

Edited by Vixor
  • Brohoof 1