Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Opportunity

DarkSun493

"Well, you've got opportunity in this very community!"...Nobody? Ok...

Anyways, while this may seem as a "life advice" sort of idea, I'll keep it here as a sort of open opinion, "what would you do?" topic.

Suppose for a second that one day, you're minding your own business and a friend comes up to you. He is not a close friend, but more of an acquaintance. He knows that you are a brony, but hasn't said much about it. He offers you a proposition. He'll buy you a Rainbow Dash hoodie (the one with the ears and wings and stuff) on the only condition that you wear it in public regularly.

What do you do? While your answer may be more personal to your beliefs, I'd like to think that each response reveals more about the fandom itself and how it shows itself in public. Or, as an auxiliary response, tell me how you think a "true brony" should respond. The ideal form can sometimes be fleeting...

• Brohoof 1

I'd would say yes but i would play my cards carefully and make every one think it was a joke present from a joke friend and i am therefore wearing it as a joke. I should mention no one knows i am a brony.

Edited by Best Username Ever
  • Brohoof 2

I would have to turn the offer down. I'm fairly well off financially and if I really wanted this hoodie that badly, I would simply buy it myself without any strings attached. There are two other problems, I don't get too close with acquaintances often and I have a self imposed uniform of sorts...

However, for the sake of argument, let's say I take this offer for whatever reason. I really would honour the deal and frequently wear this hoodie in public as the conditions require. I would have to build up a new persona as a precaution and protection, learn to laugh at myself and just go along with it for as long as I'm required.

• Brohoof 1

As a closet brony, I wouldn't wear it in public unless I was somewhere where the possibility of seeing a friend or relative was very low. Also I don't think I'd look good in it unfortunately :/.

I have one. Wore it to an impromptu party in aggieville (local bar district in town). Got laid that night. Cute redhead. Felt great.

Moral of the story: It doesn't matter what you're wearing, so long as you play it off like a boss. Do what you do, man.

post-23605-0-38446500-1390203673.jpg

So...should I accept this offer, wanting to "represent", how in the world do I explain to a normal person, why I am wearing a baby blue hoodie complete with wings, ears and a rainbow mane? Or is it the same as explaining the whole situation in the first place, the same as somebody asking why you're a brony in the first place? Maybe I'm thinking that an explaination becomes much more difficult should the explainer seem more...I dunno, eccentric. I've never explained my affliction before; maybe I'm just fearing the unknown, what could happen. 

• Brohoof 1

If someone starts asking questions such as, "why are you wearing that," simply respond, "why not?"

Because, really. Why not?

If they tell you that it's silly, remind them that in America alone, hundreds upon thousands of people actually spend money on and have wardrobes of Ed Hardy outfits. You win that debate, every damn time.

I would take the deal, it's a free hoodie and besides I wouldn't have a problem wearing it regularly. There is no answer for what a true brony would do, but those who would take the deal definitely are the ones that are more open about it.

• Brohoof 2

• 2 weeks later...

I would probaly turn it down...If I knew of another brony I would go up and tell him I was too, but I wouldn't wear it in front of non-bronies who may not fully understand it and make fun of me.  I'm not the kind of brony who exploits my bronyness in public.

And I feel a true Brony would accept this.  I'm not saying that you're not a brony if you don't show off yourself as a brony, you just like to keep to yourself, like me. 

Edited by WonderWolf01