Wouldn't that mean that Twilight is the cliche? :huh:

Well they both were.

Again, Flash was just there being flash.

As for this episode I would rather him not made an appearance cause I would rather not be reminded of his presence in EG but I don't really care that he's in this episode since he doesn't do anything.

• Brohoof 1

Flash Sentry appeared for all of 5-10 seconds. He didn't speak, Twilight didn't acknowledge him, and he had no impact on the episode. What's the big deal here? Meghan said Flash Sentry would not be a character in season 4, and really, she's still correct in that he really didn't do anything as a character and is not receiving any actual focus. You wanna know what else Meghan said? That season 4 WOULD have an Equestria Girls reference in the form of a background pony, so there's a good chance that this was what she meant.

Flash is not going to do anything major this season. This is probably the only time we'll even see him throughout the entirety of all 26 episodes. Like it or not, Equestria Girls was already confirmed to be canon in addition to being confirmed to have no impact on season 4, and so far it hasn't had an impact. One minor cameo is NOT changing the story or hurting the episodes in any way (how could something like THIS ruin an entire episode for someone?) Let's just calm down and stop sweating the small stuff. :)

Edited by Sugar Cube
  • Brohoof 2

Jesus christ Rivendare, you're getting yourself worked up over someone who had only few lines in the film. It's just a harmless cameo, why must you hate him so much?

I don't have a problem with the guy, even if he did basically nothing to advance the plot (proving Twilight's innocence you could argue), but there is no way I downright hate him. It's just pointless. He barely left a dent in the film. And yet people like you find him to be the worst part of the franchise. Just stop this childish nonsense and let it go.

• Brohoof 1

fs-mlpforums-sig_zps1e60f7f9.png

Vector Production ~ Friends: YES | Public Requests: TBD | Commissions: NO

BronyCAN 2016 Head of Publications - Email of PM for questions

"On June 16, 2013, Meghan McCarthy wrote on Twitter that Flash Sentry is not a character in My Little Pony Friendship is Magic season four." I just ripped that straight from the MLP wiki, they're not telling us something... and I bet it's something that no-one will want to hear.

Well technically he isn't character of mlp fim. So yeah, i ready to get it as adult. I haven't butthurt about him. Twilight didn't even noticed him.

• Brohoof 1

gqUUguB.png

Never realized it, but I don't hate him.

Main reason why he's hated upon is due to the poor and predictable ways of how he became twilight's love interest.

But if he's cannon and somehow will be used for something that COULD have better use of him down the road, I'm interested of how this will be pulled off.

I just hate the fact McCarthy lied to us,but I knew it was going to be a lie from the start .

Brace yourself bronies MLP is going to in an oppsite direction then Lurren planned

And you, shut your yap. Just because one character is in there, does not automatically mean the show's going downhill. Give Meghan a break, that cameo wasn't exactly her idea.

• Brohoof 3

fs-mlpforums-sig_zps1e60f7f9.png

Vector Production ~ Friends: YES | Public Requests: TBD | Commissions: NO

BronyCAN 2016 Head of Publications - Email of PM for questions

I'm with Flutter Hooves, I welcome back Flash. I was quite happy to see him. My reactions was: "HOLY CRAP ITS FLASH!"

I never had a problem with him in the first place. I don't mind him being a love interest to Twilight. Again that could something new Twilight learns right?

Anyway, nice to see him back. I loved the episode, every bit of it. I'm sure he'll appear a little bit more. I'm sure they'll give him a personality soon and I'm happy to see that he appeared. Again, never had a problem with Flash. I don't really see what's with all the hate with him -_-

Edited by Sonicrules831
  • Brohoof 3

mlpforumsignature25.jpg

I don't even understand mild annoyance towards his character.

So what if he was a cliche character in EqG? The entire movie was a cliche.

The Mane 6 were all cliche characters...all of them, The only reason anyone would see otherwise is because we know their characterization from the show and associated it with their movie/human counterparts.

Flash was meant to be a pretty boy to add a new layer to Twilight's journey and at that he wasn't even a HUGE character), and to connect with the intended audience. His appearance wasn't good nor bad, and we only got to see his cliche EqG counterpart. This same concept also applies with Sunset Shimmer.

I would LOVE to see BOTH of these characters come into the show. I feel their pony counterparts would be more interesting and could have some great storylines. Who knows..Flash could be some crazy strong warrior with a backstory that blows everyone away. And SS, I love that idea that she was Princess C's former student gone rogue.

Sometimes I think this fandom will hold back the show from potentially new and great things. People get their panties in such a twist over anything that could potentially change the dynamic...whether it be for better or worse. I am interested in them adding depth and characterization to these characters.

This show isn't Equestria Girls. They don't have to be cliched. But if the writers see the hissy fits of some of those in the community, we will never even find out.

Yelp....I guess this just confirms that the fandom is getting far too deep and taking this show far too seriously. I've never seen people get so up in arms over a cartoon's background character before...and the over-analyzing of the episodes, characters, personalities, and even if a characters says one word out of sync with their personality now gets a huge ZMOG WUT CULD THIS MEAN or TOTALLY RUINED THE CHARACTER!!!

Wow...that's like saying "In Episode 43 Don Carnage of Tale Spin hated pickles but in episode 9 we see him collecting pickles. THE WRITERS ARE IDIOTS! They ButchereD his character!

The PICKLES HAVE A DEEP PSYChOLOGiCAL MEanING BEHIND IT!!!!!"

People really need to stop getting so serious about a saturday morning cartoon show about magic ponies...

Edited by DiscordAnarchy
  • Brohoof 4

aNSgamg.png

Just what is a Nega Brony? Click the Sig to find out!

Want to join the movement? Add Nega-Brony to your sig or profile to

show support for the MLP Villains!

Did anyone else see Flash sentry in Three's a Crowd?  In front of the train by the crystal Pegasus.(btw, there's crystal Pegasi now?  I thought it was only earth ponies that went crystal)

post-21218-0-69096800-1390690277_thumb.png

Same pony as in Equestrian Girls:

post-21218-0-02049500-1390690313_thumb.png

Is he cannon now?  Twilight didn't seem to even notice him. If the problem is that Equestra girls isn't cannon to FiM then is it possible for a Flash-Light like romance to develop if they were ever to meet?

Not that I really enjoy the pairing that is.  :mellow:

• Brohoof 1

The word is canon, not cannon. :P

I think the romance with Twilight and Flash was exclusively only for the movie, so the writers won't do the same thing they did in the movie to put it in the show. It is possible, but for now he won't be involved in any way with Twilight in the show.

• Brohoof 2

How is that cliche in any way?

Dude, it was cliche as hell. It's not because of the people who were in the relationship (though I'd argue that Brad was impossibly generic), it was the relationship itself. Their entire romance was based on blushing and accidentally touching each other's hands when picking things up. 

In fact, I'd even go so far as to say that Twilight had a better romance. At least that was weird and horrible in a fascinating way; EQG was just soul-crushingly bland and not fit for characters too complex for shoe-horned relationships like this.

But I digress. Regarding today's unfortunate events, I'm filing a class action lawsuit against Hasbro for triggering my PTSD with their irresponsible character cameo.

Edited by CITRUS CHAMP46
  • Brohoof 2

post-8308-0-29731900-1387311955.png

Onwards to my DeviantArt page!

Sig by the illustrious Kyoshi!

I'm open to anything DHX throws at me with the show. The season has had some hiccups (IMO) but it is turning out to be excellent.

Even if they want to Flash Sentry to marry Twilight, i don't care. I just want some development for the guy. He is just a scenario prop right now that thinks he has the right to act. And this show is in need of some decent male characters that don't exist solely for plot points and for scenario or slapstick violence.

https://www.fimfiction.net/user/32864/Metemponychosis

For dumb, self-important fics about mythology, ponies and fascist griffons that can't figure friendship out.

And I'm just getting started.

Okay, guys. I'm going to throw this out there right now. I don't actually hate this guy. Doesn't mean I'm happy about his existence, just indifferent. But now he's back and we will have to deal with the cards we were dealt. But equestrian girls was a long time ago and we all knew he would come back eventually. Hell, he was placed as Twilight's love interest. You can't just sweep that under the rug and play the denial card. But he's back and we'll have to deal with it like adults. If they can give him a personality, rather than being a plot convenience, then he is welcome to return to me. Until then, just stay in the corner, Flash Gor- Sentry, were just not ready.

Did anyone else see Flash sentry in Three's a Crowd?  In front of the train by the crystal Pegasus.(btw, there's crystal Pegasi now?  I thought it was only earth ponies that went crystal)

attachicon.gifFlash sentry threes a crowd png.png

Same pony as in Equestrian Girls:

attachicon.gifFlash sentry equestria girls png.png

Is he cannon now?  Twilight didn't seem to even notice him. If the problem is that Equestra girls isn't cannon to FiM then is it possible for a Flash-Light like romance to develop if they were ever to meet?

Not that I really enjoy the pairing that is.  :mellow:

Seeing as both your topics are discussing Flash being in today's episode, and questioning what this means for the show and fandom considering him for the future, I've merged your threads :3

fSnYzne.png

Yeah, everyone is making wayyy too big a deal about him being in the episode for what...  Like 5 seconds?  Personally, I like his design, and with some work, he could be made into a good character!  But honestly, if he ruins the entire episode for someone...  That's just kind of dumb IMO. :/