Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming Diablo 2 Thread

Sleipnir Rising

Has anyone ever tried hardcore mode?

I did with the Paladin. But of course, this happened:

Duriel_(Diablo_II).gif

I think in that run I had the best gear I ever had at that point too. I remember having a scepter that had a Perfect Emerald, a Perfect Topaz and then a chipped Sapphire, that gave me a +2 to Holy Freeze and +1 to Zeal.

But nope. THAT thing happened and ruined it all.

Edited by Barbaloot
  • Brohoof 2

So what are your guys favorite Act to play?? Mine was Act 5. I would say Act 4 but the environment never changed. Hmm actually I like Acts 1 and 5. 

Min was definitely act 4. Especially as the Paladin, because Fist of the Heavens wrecks undead shit.

• Brohoof 1

Act 4 was alright. I mean anything was better than Act 3 though. Act 3 was so confusing and never changed. It was a maze for the first half of the Act just to get to the Bazaar areas.

I played the game before. I was a sorceress, a PvE type character. During this latest update and before the ladder was reset, I changed my skill build from nova/orb sorc to cl/orb Sorc. I have 2 paladins, 1 was a hammerdin, and the other was zealadin. My Zealadin was better than before after Skill bonuses came in and I made it as a bossing character.

This is the best gear I can get for these chars

My CL/Orb Sorc:

Full Tal Rasha's Set

Raven Frost Ring

Bul-Kathos' ring

Frostburns Gloves

Silkweave (or Waterwalk. Don't remember though)

and Spirit Monarch Shield

My Zealadin:

Guillaume's Face

Baranar's Star and Lawbringer Phase Blade

All Resist Exile Vortex Shield (the best I ever made)

Fortitude Archon Plate

Dracul's Grasp

Immortal king's boots and belt

Manald Heal or Bul-kathos' ring

and Raven frost

• Brohoof 2

Makes me yearn to go play some d2 now that I think about it *I still have a digital copy I can download any time*

I played Necro main, Sorc for fluffing around, and I tried my hand at the Druid for some extra fun but failed badly.  If I ever found people I could connect and play with *even if I needed to download a mod for it or not* id play like right now

I need to go back to good old vanilla Diablo 2. Get back to the roots of the game itself. I think i'll make me a Druid character. Always had fun watchin' my wolves and bear do my dirty work for me while I hide in a corner.  :lol:

I need to go back to good old vanilla Diablo 2. Get back to the roots of the game itself. I think i'll make me a Druid character. Always had fun watchin' my wolves and bear do my dirty work for me while I hide in a corner.  :lol:

The problem about that is dealing enemies that are immune to physical so you may want to go elemental to go with your summoning like Hurricane to go with it.

• Brohoof 1

The problem about that is dealing enemies that are immune to physical so you may want to go elemental to go with your summoning like Hurricane to go with it.

Yeah I know. Usually I go and get my Wolves and Bear and in the process I also go down the transformation tree as well while also goin' heavy on the elemental stuff to keep up the damage.

Yeah I know. Usually I go and get my Wolves and Bear and in the process I also go down the transformation tree as well while also goin' heavy on the elemental stuff to keep up the damage.

That's why you need an awesome Paladin to back you up. Pretty sure he has an aura that gives him +allies elemental damage.

____________________________________________________________________________________________

So IDK how GOG works as far as adding games goes, but what are the odds of Diablo and Diablo 2 (along with Warcraft and Starcraft) of getting on there? I know not every company is super keen on doing something like that, like Bethesda for example.

Edited by Barbaloot

Well Usually sorceress can help you deal with enemies that are immune to physical, but it depends on their skill build though. Single Elemental sorc requires infinity polearm town merc from nightmare difficulty. If a sorceress use 2 elements like my build, the CL/Orb, then either infnity or insight polearm town merc can help you there.

If you're going for shapeshift and summoning skill build, then you may wanna come up with using fire claws to deal with enemies that are immune to physical and of course a offensive town merc with either pride or insight can help you there. I don't know much about shapeshift druids, but usually for me, I just sticked to elemental and summoning.

My playstyle in this game is PvE, but with the exception of my zealadin and necromancer, they're gonna be uber bossing characters.

Edited by KirbyFluttershy
  • Brohoof 1

So after playin' nonstop with my mods again, this is the result of 4 different characters that are only just now goin' to Act II

aMXMGQ6.jpg

Plus, this is how I always imagined a holy Paladin  :lol:

ittYlgn.jpg

Thing is, other than the fact that the runes and gems drop alot more frequently...all these high level gems are comin' from 4 different characters on the 1st level difficulty.

Act 3 was so confusing and never changed. It was a maze for the first half of the Act just to get to the Bazaar areas.

I know what you mean. I've forgotten how laborious it was to travel through the jungle areas of Act 3. It took me a while to find the way point at the Flayer Jungle.

I know what you mean. I've forgotten how laborious it was to travel through the jungle areas of Act 3. It took me a while to find the way point at the Flayer Jungle.

Act 3 was literally my least favorite. The maps sucked, the enemies were total butts, and the final boss was disappointing. And a lot of the Diablo atmosphere was kind of missing up until the last portion.

Mephisto is who I farm best besides Diablo and Baal, but Act 3 can be a real painful with all the Fetishes going around. Area wise, well The jungles can be hard to go around with, but the Durance is easy to know your way around and if you're rushing to Mephisto, you just need teleport if you're a sorceress, hammerdin, elemental druid, or a summon necro to ignore all of the enemies, but of course if you're not a sorceress, then you need to get yourself enigma mage plate for teleport. If you're a barbarian, you need leap attack to get there.