Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Why I Don't Ship PinkieXCheese

Shine

53 users have voted

1. 1. Do you ship PinkieXCheese?

• yes
    • no
    • I haven't thought about it, but I might.
    • I don't care either way.

Ever since "Pinkie Pride" aired, I've been seeing a lot of Pinkie Pie X Cheese Sandwich 'shipping.

First off, let me say that there is nothing wrong with shipping these two, or with shipping in general.  They are adorable together and arguably perfect for one another.  It's only a matter of personal perspective that makes this ship feel weird to me, and I'd like to explain why I don't ship it.

I have two reasons.  Of course, they are connected, so maybe just one two-part reason...

1. Weird Al  -  Maybe others don't feel the same way, but when I was watching "Pinkie Pride," I couldn't help but think of Cheese Sandwich as Weird Al, not just a pony being voiced by him.

I grew up listening to Weird Al's songs and came to nearly idolize him for his talent and quirky, funny personality.  He inspired me.

I don't know many people who would date their heroes, guys.   Maybe some would, but to me, that would be really weird.  I've had fantasies of being adopted by my heroes, but never of dating them.

I just can't picture Weird Al as anyone's boyfriend.

2. Heroes  -  After Cheese Sandwich sings his song near the end of the episode, it seems that he feels the same about Pinkie as I feel about Weird Al.  She inspired him.  She's his hero.

I would imagine that, idolizing her the way I've always idolized him, he would also feel that sense of wrongness about dating Pinkie Pie.

The thing about heroes is that they often seem unattainable, people you not only wouldn't date, but can't date.  Dating a hero seems like breaking the universe.

Conclusion:  If Pinkie and Cheese dated, it would break the universe.

So there you have it.  That's just my two bits on the subject; everypony else can ignore it and continue shipping Best Pony 1 and Best Pony 2 if they want, but I'm just gonna be sitting here not reading any PinkieCheese fanfictions for the aforementioned reasons.

Just out of curiosity, though... is there anypony out there who agrees with me?  Feel free to comment whether you agree or disagree.  Providing reasons for your opinions is always a plus.  c:

• Brohoof 3

I agree about shipping Cheese and Pinkie.  Depending on how it was done it may work, but to me it has too much of a teacher and student vibe.  Everything Cheese does is learned from Pinkie Pie and her antics.  Like you said, he idolizes her and made himself into a basically male Pinkie (right down to Cheesy Sense).

EDIT: Another thought that occurs to me is that in order to be properly shipped, they'd have to be equals.  Cheese doesn't necessarily view himself that way in regards to Pinkie (your idol vibe and my teacher-and-student vibe).  Pinkie may have a degree of this too since Cheese showed superior party skills throughout the episode.

Edited by sgamer82
  • Brohoof 4

Well, that's your opinion, I guess. I ship CheesePie partly because it's the only likely Pinkie shipping of the bunch. Besides PinkieDash, but I don't do same-gender ships.

The conclusion about breaking the universe made me laugh. I guess that would be true.

• Brohoof 1

Another thought that occurs to me is that in order to be properly shipped, they'd have to be equals.  Cheese doesn't necessarily view himself that way in regards to Pinkie (your idol vibe and my teacher-and-student vibe).  Pinkie may have a degree of this too since Cheese showed superior party skills throughout the episode.

Yes, that's exactly what I was trying to say but just didn't find the right words.  Thank you.  c:

Well, that's your opinion, I guess. I ship CheesePie partly because it's the only likely Pinkie shipping of the bunch. Besides PinkieDash, but I don't do same-gender ships.

The conclusion about breaking the universe made me laugh. I guess that would be true.

Like I said, I don't actually see anything wrong with shipping them.  If you choose to ship them, that's okay; it's actually pretty cute.

The universe has been broken.

I'm glad I you were entertained.  ;b

• Brohoof 1

I agree.  I personally don't like PinkiexCheese for a few reasons.

1.  Like you said, Pinkie inspires him.  I have someone who inspires me and despite him being incredibly good looking, I don't think I would date him.

2.  Cheese is basically a clone of Pinkie.  Sure, it's good to have someone with the same interests as you, but do you really want to date a clone of yourself who not only is pretty much the same but looks like a male version of yourself?

Sure, it's good to have someone with the same interests as you, but do you really want to date a clone of yourself who not only is pretty much the same but looks like a male version of yourself?

xD  Actually, I would totally date a genderswapped version of myself.

Okay, actually...  "date" isn't a good word to use here.  I would more likely keep said genderswapped me locked in a closet to play with.  *shifty eyes*  I'm not a creeper!  D:

• Brohoof 1

I ship CheesePie partly because it's the only likely Pinkie shipping of the bunch.

This. CheesePie is the only hetero Pinkie ship I've seen that makes any sense. I also like FlutterPie, but not necessarily as a romance so much as an extremely close friendship, the kind where it doesn't matter if it's romantic.

That said, I don't really ship Pinkie at all. Why? Because she seems the most childish of the Mane Six, and the least likely to even care about romance or sexuality. Pinkie is bursting with goodwill toward all ponies, and hitching herself to one lone pony would get in the way of that.

• Brohoof 2

This. CheesePie is the only hetero Pinkie ship I've seen that makes any sense. I also like FlutterPie, but not necessarily as a romance so much as an extremely close friendship, the kind where it doesn't matter if it's romantic.

That said, I don't really ship Pinkie at all. Why? Because she seems the most childish of the Mane Six, and the least likely to even care about romance or sexuality. Pinkie is bursting with goodwill toward all ponies, and hitching herself to one lone pony would get in the way of that.

I agree. Her childishness is really one of the things that, to me, makes her more compatible with Cheese. I don't ship her with anypony else.

• Brohoof 1

PinkieXCheese is the only canon shipping and it was clearly implied in the episode that they love each other.

1368051618150.jpg

Pinkie and Cheese are friends and nothing more until farther notice.  A romantic relationship, while not impossible, does not currently exist between them.

• Brohoof 3

Honestly, I can SEE why people would piece these two together but I personally don't like the idea of it.

It has nothing to do with the obnoxious competitive tones of their coats... ( :P lol) pink and yellow.. man that's bright..

But on a serious note, to me I got a sense of competition between the two. That they are more so friendly rivals rather than a love interest. 

Yeah, Cheese Sandwich was INSPIRED by Pinkie Pie when they were fillies (well Cheese was a colt I mistaken that by accident, thanks Forlong :D), but that doesn't simply mean that he couldn't rise to the challenge and become something great on his own. Of course, Cheese Sandwich didn't want to dethrone Pinkie because that was his hero errr heroine...

But what I don't get was... why did he have to lie in the beginning that it was actually Pinkie who gave him inspiration to be a party pony? Was it because he was ashamed? Did he fear that Pinkie wouldn't take him seriously? Did he want her to acknowledge him as a great party pony, worthy enough to be a party pony?

I don't know.. maybe those are just silly puffs of ideas floating in my head XD

But yeah, definitely a friendly rival. Nothing more from my standpoint.

Edited by Celestial Wish
  • Brohoof 1

Honestly, I can SEE why people would piece these two together but I personally don't like the idea of it.

It has nothing to do with the obnoxious competitive tones of their coats... ( :P lol) pink and yellow.. man that's bright..

But on a serious note, to me I got a sense of competition between the two. That they are more so friendly rivals rather than a love interest. 

Yeah, Cheese Sandwich was INSPIRED by Pinkie Pie when they were fillies, but that doesn't simply mean that he couldn't rise to the challenge and become something great on his own. Of course, Cheese Sandwich didn't want to dethrone Pinkie because that was his hero errr heroine...

But what I don't get was... why did he have to lie in the beginning that it was actually Pinkie who gave him inspiration to be a party pony? Was it because he was ashamed? Did he fear that Pinkie wouldn't take him seriously? Did he want her to acknowledge him as a great party pony, worthy enough to be a party pony?

I don't know.. maybe those are just silly puffs of ideas floating in my head XD

But yeah, definitely a friendly rival. Nothing more from my standpoint.

I know it's a nitpick, but Cheese Sandwitch was a colt.  A filly is a young female horse.  Since I've gotten into the show, mislabeling horses has bugged me.

I know it's a nitpick, but Cheese Sandwitch was a colt.  A filly is a young female horse.  Since I've gotten into the show, mislabeling horses has bugged me.

Lol, sorry I get so hyper sometimes I don't think of intricate details! Thanks for the reminder :D

I think they look adorable together but I'd like to see more interaction between them before I go hardcore shipping them. But for now I suppose I agree with you Pubu it feels a bit to teacher student sort of thing. But again I'd like to see more interaction between them and see where it goes :)

• Brohoof 1

I think he wanted to impress her. He wanted to show his idol what a great party pony he was, then reveal that she was his inspiration. If he'd told her from the beginning that she had inspired him, it would have been less of a surprise than if he pulled off an amazing party, then turned to Pinkie and said "And it was all thanks to you."

• Brohoof 4

PinkieXCheese is the only canon shipping and it was clearly implied in the episode that they love each other.

You're wrong on two counts.

1.) It's not the "only canon shipping."  I can give you a long list, but I'm not going to because that would take too much of my time.

2.) Just because they look at each other and smile, hug, become close friends, etc. does not mean that they feel romantically about one another.  I can see how their actions could become major ship fuel, but it is not "clearly implied" that their relationship is any stronger than a close friendship.

Well honestly, look at the name of the ship. You're looking at either 'Cheese Pie' or 'Pinkie Sandwich'... both of which sound kinda dirty if your head's in the gutter.

xD  Why did you have to say that???  I'm dying here!

• Brohoof 1

I don't really ship ponies at all to be honest, I personally don't think about the characters hard enough to come up with ships or headcanon.

... I'm kinda lazy with things like that.

Edited by Kaze wa Fuiteiru