Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Why I Don't Ship PinkieXCheese

Shine

53 users have voted

1. 1. Do you ship PinkieXCheese?

• yes
    • no
    • I haven't thought about it, but I might.
    • I don't care either way.

The only thing I care about is if Pinkie and Cheese dated it would break the universe. I have a new fanfic idea now. Seriously, if they break the universe with their union we should stop them from dating at all costs.

• Brohoof 1

The only thing I care about is if Pinkie and Cheese dated it would break the universe. I have a new fanfic idea now. Seriously, if they break the universe with their union we should stop them from dating at all costs.

That sounds fun.  I would totally read that fanfiction.  xP

That sounds fun. I would totally read that fanfiction. xP

In all seriousness, I don't hate this ship and think its a fun little thing to work with and Pinkie and Cheese seem to play each other off very well, so much so that I would love future Cheese Sandwich appearances. Its also better than anything that Simple Ways had to offer (Trenderhoof anyone) *feeling queasy*

• Brohoof 1

CheesePie is the only shipping besides Rarijack that I don't hate, even tho I understand your reasons.

why was everyone seeing Weird Al instead of Cheese in that pony, I've watched some reactions videos on youtube and most of them said Weird Al this or that, instead of Cheese and they were like, it's impossible not to see him in this pony.

While I understand why people would ship them, I just can't get on board with it:

1. It just comes off more as a ship with Weird Al rather than with Cheese. AL's gimmicks were used during the goof off. Heck, even the hub was promoting PP as an episode that Weird Al shows up in rather than the appearance of a potential rival for Pinkie. I just cannot ship a celebrity with Pinkie.

2. Cheese comes off as a rule 63 Pinkie Pie. It's cool that he has the same passion as her, and I excused his similar over-the-topness, but the appearance and sidekick, right down to his own Pinkie sense--which is a unique trait that Pinkie should at least be able to hold on to--was too much. I can't support a character with such an obvious contrived plot device. Can Cheese even be his own character? :/

Edited by A Talking Dragon

I have the same issue as many with this. It really does just seem like Weird Al x Pinkie. Which is really weird, if you ask me.

But hey, if you can sever that resemblance, or you didn't really know about Weird Al before, then whatevs.

• Brohoof 1

• 6 years later...
On 2/7/2014 at 6:03 PM, Forlong said:

1368051618150.jpg

Pinkie and Cheese are friends and nothing more until farther notice.  A romantic relationship, while not impossible, does not currently exist between them.

I agree. Cheese is TOO closely personality wise with Pinkie. I’ve always been a PinkieDash/RainbowPie ship. People should be with someone who complements them not them literally dating themselves. 

• 1 year later...
On 2014-02-06 at 9:06 AM, True Rarity said:

Well, that's your opinion, I guess. I ship CheesePie partly because it's the only likely Pinkie shipping of the bunch. Besides PinkieDash, but I don't do same-gender ships.

The conclusion about breaking the universe made me laugh. I guess that would be true.

Well, I would obviously ship Pinkie Pie with ANOTHER pink character, but a Male one. I only hate Weird Al in MLP.

Funny to look back on this now that they're a confirmed ship. :ButtercupLaugh:

Not gonna lie, I've always found it weird to see a main character have a romantic relationship and a kid with a character who's meant to be a representation of a celebrity. :ooh: Imagine a character being shipped with Sia's character, Songbird Serenade. :dash:

12 minutes ago, TomDaBombMLP said:

I don’t ship anypony anyway because I’ve never liked that whole thing. One of my big grievances about the finale was finding out that Pinkie got married. :okiedokieloki:  I hate the thought of her becoming soft. :(

She getting married makes her soft?! What??????

Hey it's her life if she wants to get married that's her choice. Your words make it sound like anyone who gets married is  automatically weak and not strong willed at all. Which is a really poor life lesson to claim

It sounds to me like you're contradicting yourself: if you don't care about the whole shipping thing then it shouldn't even be a big deal whether she actually got married or not

• Brohoof 1

I've never been to crazy about shipping characters to be honest, but I also don't mind it. And the ending of FiM made rather clear at least about this couple. AppleDash never got really stated, even it seemed for me rather convincing, but Pinkie and Cheese .. this is canon now. And like it or not I think those two also are rather cute together :3 

• Brohoof 2

10 hours ago, TomDaBombMLP said:

I don’t ship anypony anyway because I’ve never liked that whole thing. One of my big grievances about the finale was finding out that Pinkie got married. :okiedokieloki:  I hate the thought of her becoming soft. :(

The good thing, at least, is, that it happened in the final episode and not in season 3 for example. We see roughly 10 minutes of their future and these ~10 minutes can easily be ignored. And this is something we don't have to acknowledge as canon if we don't want to.

But (just as an example) if someone dislikes Discord, it would be nearly impossible to view him as not canon, since he was introduced in season 2 and was always an important part of the show.

So it's a good thing this ship happened at the very end, we don't lose much from these final ~10 minutes. And we can make up our own ending or even continue the story. :) We should never accept things if we don't want to. Especially since it's fiction.

That being said, I'm not a shipper myself. I'm all about friendship, that's why I like the show in the first place. But even then...I actually enjoyed seeing her with Cheese, because they both looked so happy when they looked in each other's eyes. :kindness: And Li'l Cheese is cute too and seems to be a very kind soul! :kindness: So let me see... All right! I voted that I don't care. I find it cute, but in the end it doesn't affect me when I rewatch the other 221 episodes. I simply don't think about it. :coco:

• Brohoof 1

Lol I didn't know who Weird Al was, until I watched a Youtube iceberg of MLP (besides the fact I don't use to see the series with the original voices). Is hilarious because I enjoyed the episode a lot, and started to shipping him with Pinkie. A lot of people interpret that Cheese is literally the guy because of being the VA and their similarities in appearance.

• Brohoof 1

It’s a more realistic ship than ApplexDash. Cheese and Pinkie had that one party battle but they both respect each other’s professions and lives, they make each other laugh, etc. The reason I say ApplexDash isn’t realistic is because I fear that their relationship would get toxic with all the bickering they’ve had in most episodes together. It wouldn’t translate well in a relationship. CheesexPie, meanwhile, seems like it could work and I imagine Lil Cheese added a dose of seriousness and maturity to their lives that they really needed (although they are probably the most fun parents to him).