Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Theorems of the My Little Pony Universe!

SamMaher

Good point! Let's play with formula's of magic:

Magic of Celestia: Harmony+Light. Order+Light.

Magic of Nightmare moon: Chaos+Darkness.

Magic of Luna (not Nightmare moon form): Harmony+Darkness. Order+Darkness

Magic of Twilight Sparkle: Order+Neutral. Harmony+Neutral and +a little part of Light and maybe a little Darkness (because she's Twilight Sparkle)

Waiting for your formula's and examples ;)

Hmm. I reckon:

Celestia: Harmony + Light

Luna: Harmony + Dark

Nightmare Moon: Order + Dark

Discord: Chaos + Neutral

Twilight: Harmony + Neutral

Sombra: Chaos + Dark

Chrysalis: Order + Neutral

Cadence: Harmony + Neutral

Shining: Order + Light

... Cool!

Hmm. I reckon:

Celestia: Harmony + Light

Luna: Harmony + Dark

Nightmare Moon: Order + Dark

Discord: Chaos + Neutral

Twilight: Harmony + Neutral

Sombra: Chaos + Dark

Chrysalis: Order + Neutral

Cadence: Harmony + Neutral

Shining: Order + Light

... Cool!

Ha, looks like magic of Light are not so popular.

Disagree. I think that love magic of Cadense is a Light. And also Twilight Sparkle use Light magic pretty often

She was able to use some of the dark magic on S4E1-2. That spell that she used on he potion was a type of dark magic. I believe that Dark + Light = Neutral...

Anyway, I'm off to bed. See you tomorrow sometime... :P

ALL pegasus ponies are capable of doing a Sonic Rainboom if they go fast enough, not just Rainbow Dash. When it happens, the "explosion" appears in your own personal trail color. For example, if Lightning Dust did it, it would be a mix of green and gold rather than Rainbow color.

Rainbow_and_Lightning_flying_fast_S3E07.

ALL pegasus ponies are capable of doing a Sonic Rainboom if they go fast enough, not just Rainbow Dash. When it happens, the "explosion" appears in your own personal trail color. For example, if Lightning Dust did it, it would be a mix of green and gold rather than Rainbow color.

Rainbow_and_Lightning_flying_fast_S3E07.

But I'm not sure that it's magic. Sonic Rainbom is more like "physical anomaly" caused by overcoming the sound barrier

But I'm not sure that it's magic. Sonic Rainbom is more like "physical anomaly" caused by overcoming the sound barrier

And it may just be a reaction of physics in their world that will scatter light rays in a sonic rainboom.

lol guys, I just realised, that we forgot about most powerful kind of magic in Equestria - magic of friendship!

Yes! The magic that is formed when the EoH use their magic to... Oh.

A new magic! A magic that can... No wait!

They are friends, and they use magic. The result is Friendship Magic. Remember: it is called Friendship is Magic!

I was also thinking if magic worked like a radio frequency or something... :/

Yes! The magic that is formed when the EoH use their magic to... Oh.

A new magic! A magic that can... No wait!

They are friends, and they use magic. The result is Friendship Magic. Remember: it is called Friendship is Magic!

I was also thinking if magic worked like a radio frequency or something... :/

What is measured indicator of friendship?

1 spell of friedship magic = (Talking+Smiles) x Hugs  ? 

Hmm...

I don't think the same as everyone else here on the subject of different kinds of magic. As we take our graph of magic we have light on top, chaos to the left, darkness below and order to the right. In the middle of all that is harmony, since harmony is the balance in ALL things. But what is darkness and what is light, what is chaos and what is order...

The ones we are sure about are darkness and chaos. Darkness seems to cause depression, insanity, tirrany and all sorts of "true" evil thigs. Enslaving an entire empire like sombra did is definately evil... Darkness also seems to corrupt the ones using it and things around. Therefore, way may assume that "darkness" is very to despair, agony and evil.

Chaos is a force of true randomitry. It is based on the urge of things to act like they are NOT supposed to, or in other words, lose the normal order of which they normally work in. Chaos cannot be controlled. Not even by discord, who is obviously very unpredictable and probably insane. Chaos controls HIM, or he IS chaos.

For the magic forces of light and order we can only assume things. Luckily we can abide one rule, which is that the one should be the opposite o the other. This makes light a force of happyness, freedom and peace. You might say that this is a good thing, but if there is only positive feedback in life, your life is delusional and fake. This can be compared to the way 'fey' creatures like forest nymphs control and hypnotize people with only happy thoughts, blinding them from everything else.

Since chaos means that something seizes to work in its usual fashion, order is probably that it is forced to remain exactly like it is forever. This would also mean that order is very strict and predictable, and also grants its user a ver clear thought of mind, though offering very little freedom.

The reason why this is different from everyone else is because EVERYTHING is bad when there is too much of it. Only harmony is perfect, giving freedom when nescesary, and happiness as well, but being shown the hard world and being forced to admit to authority is sometimes nescesary dor the greater good (dark-light), and chaos and order cancel eachother out, giving enough chaos to keep everything a bit exciting, but enough order to be able to organize and structuaralize everything...

Sombra is not a being of chaos and darkness, nor a being of chaos and order. He is metely darkness and nothing else, since he isn't really specificly structualized, nor litteraly coco loco.

Discord has nothing to do with darkness and light, since he doen't give a shit and does what he want. Therefore he is pure chaos.

Celestia and Luna are beings of harmony, and harmony changes to cancel out another kind of magic. Celestia and Luna do not have to act to the magic they use (if they had to cancel out order, they wouldn't have to go crazy) since they are really actually countering other magic with pure harmony.

Now to add the EoH to the formula, or "friendship". I believe that these are things that anplify harmony. What better way is there to harmonize everything than through love, friendship and a sense of community (mane 6, cadence and shining armour, crystal ponies/heart)? There are surely different ways to amplify and summon harmonical magic, but we just haven't discovered them yet...

My formula would be:

Darkness+chaos: MADNESS AND INSANITY!!!

Darkness+order: pure tirrany

Light+order: delusional perfectly in sync robot-like beings (all must abide our laws, and you'll be damn happy about it)

Light+chaos: True freedom... Still delusional, but freedom...

Do you guys agree with me on this?

Harmony contains Light and Order so...

That's YOUR view upon the matter. Your graph would look like harmony at rhe 0;0 point, and then darkness and chaos on the x and y axi, only that doesn't add up properly... Harmony isn't the ultimate form of order and light, it is a balance between those two, and chaos and darkness... At least that's what I think. It's all assumptions anyway.

That's YOUR view upon the matter. Your graph would look like harmony at rhe 0;0 point, and then darkness and chaos on the x and y axi, only that doesn't add up properly... Harmony isn't the ultimate form of order and light, it is a balance between those two, and chaos and darkness... At least that's what I think. It's all assumptions anyway.

Harmony and Balance it's a little different things I think.

Harmony and Balance it's a little different things I think.

Now that is something I can PROVE not to be true. In the mlp universe, balance and harmony are one and the same. Celestia litteraly says :quoteunquote: "harmony is the balance in all things". Or at least that's what I think, otherwise I found it on the wikipedia page for the true defenition of 'harmony' which should suffice to proof as well.

Now that is something I can PROVE not to be true. In the mlp universe, balance and harmony are one and the same. Celestia litteraly says :quoteunquote: "harmony is the balance in all things". Or at least that's what I think, otherwise I found it on the wikipedia page for the true defenition of 'harmony' which should suffice to proof as well.

Glad for you, but l'll not change my opinion anyway.

Each of the races have their own interpretation of magic, so it would be hard to explain how magic works in a fictional universe but the concept does sound interesting.

Yes. Basically, we are striving to decode how the universe would work, and are trying to grasp a great understanding of it.

It also just allows us to debate and stuff... :P

I have a new question to pose about the pony universe. How is the world set up to accommodate for the fact that ponies don't have opposable thumbs? (doors, tools, etc)

Well, they seem to have magnetic hooves, so...

Well, they seem to have magnetic hooves, so...

To that, there's a simple explanation, they just have flexible cartilaginous hooves, so they can bend them and hold object... Well, for the magnetic hoof thing, this is my favourite theory...

Also, I think that magic is everywhere and in everything, but the unicorn and alicorn can "chanel" this energy with theirs horns, the same way that some other gifted individual are able to semi-use it, like Pinkie.

So technicly, the magic is the Force, and Pinkie is a jedi.

Edited by Shadling

Dont mind me putting my two bits about magic in Equestria. 

(Gonna be REALLY sciency here. Sorry. Habit when you are a scientist. Really sorry if I confound you. Lotta Particle Physics entering equation....)

Well, I think that magic is simply a condensation of energy harmonics in Equestria. What basically I mean is that I would treat magic in the same class as energy. It is contained within every being and object, and the condensed powers each race has is simply their race's adaptation to harmonise the ever-present energy.

Let's start with Pegasi. I would say they are just as heavy as any regular pony, but their wings would not be there for the thrust. I would say it is somewhat like a way to make air particles behave in a more solid manner, by manipulating the quantum fields surrounding each particle, which would allow the pegasus to fly and walk on what is essentially water vapour. This is backed up by the fact they are able to retain the clouds into structures, which gives a further impression that magic is simply particle structuring. 

As for the Unicorns, I would relate their telekinesis to magnetic alignment. All particles are able to magnetically align at the quantum level, which basically means anything is potentially magnetisable, and real scientists have proven that. So I would say the Unicorn horns are their method of particle alignment and manipulation. And since they are able to affect each individual particle and alter its structure, they would be able to reform particles into another using only what sub-atomic particles are present. Essentially alchemy. Using the air particles to reform into a beard for example. Or altering a mane's refractive capability to change its colour. 

As for the Elements of harmony, I would link to a catalytic version of a magnetic field. What I say it is that in Equestria, the world's entropy is towards order, which is opposite to our world, where the entropy is tending towards disorder. So I would say that the Elements are a reset button on all of the matter in Equestria, pushing them towards their entropic equilibrium, which is order. Chaos I would say is simply the amplification of the random nature of particles in general, allowing them to change this way and that at no coherent fashion. But Discord uses the Unicorn style of magic to start the chaos, manipulating the surroundings to a disordered state, and ordering it into what he wants/needs at times.

Congratulations if you understood all that. You are brilliant. Again, really sorry if I made some of your brains melt/explode for the complex theories.  

• Brohoof 1