Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Anypony Else Autistic?

Moost

Yes, I've got ol' aspergers, though it's a mild form. Don't particularly like having it. I wish I thought and felt things the same way non-autistic people do.

Edited by Callisto

To my current knowledge, neither I nor any member of my family has autism or anything like it, but I am a Support Worker who most works with a young man with heavy autism and massive brain damage, so I can see how bad it can get. I'm mostly dedicated to that single service user, but I have done relief for others (both of whom have autism as well as other problems).

I have friends with aspergers (one of whom explained the "ass-burgers" joke to me and what he would do to anyone who made it in his presence).

I personally think that the stigma that autistic people suffer come from lack of understanding from the mainstream. I've heard people (not autistic) tell me what folks with the condition should be feeling, and tell me that I've just to take the knocks when I get hit. From what I gathered, no it's not one real condition, but a lot of similar ones all individual yet lumbed together.

No, but i have Dyscalculia. I worked for Mathematics alot (still do) I suck at solving math problems on school, cant understand what my teacher saying, sometimes i work alot on 1 subject then i get it. But NO! it wont last longer i forget it in one sleep, and im like "What is dis?!" at exam :( 

Its also like my teacher helping me on a math problem she says example: "2x2 is 4 then we add it to 8" when we near end she starts to explain again when she asked me the same thing she said, im like "ummm........." then my teacher is like *facepalm* im really sad about that. Im having that on science problems too. All about Math to me are "Collection" and "Subtraction". The Sad thing is i cant help about it ;_;

Edited by Twilightlicous

Well I'm sure enough bronies have High Functioning Autism, and yes, I do have it too, and was diagnosed with it when I was little.

I am kind of out there, I'm very socially awkward, which can be meh, and I've never really had luck with others. Lots of others can't look past my social awkwardness, and just tend to dislike me, and I really don't like why others do that.

One thing though is if I do something wrong, I would like to know what I did. I don't like it when others don't tell me the things I did wrong and hide it from me, yeah I know if someone tells me I won't feel all that great, but pain is temporary, and I can take that pain, to help me improve.

But yeah, I have to deal with my Autism and it's really tough, I don't exactly know what goes in my mind all the time, and I wonder why I do some things.

But if I ever got a chance to get rid of it, I wouldn't want to, it defines me, and that's not a bad thing. I just hope I can get to the point where I am not so awkward anymore though.