gaming Which console did you grew up with in the 90's?

~Silver Essence~

I owned both the N64 and PS1 as a kid and even now I still have a sweet spot for most of the games I played back then. Granted a few of them were horrible abominations (I had the misfortune of owning a copy of Superman 64 *shudders*) but you have no idea how much time my family put into the classic Spyro series.

• Brohoof 1

MLPForums "Self-Proclaimed" Kamen Rider Nut
Now, count up your sins!
I do Traditional commissions, by the way! See them HERE!

post-8308-0-43031100-1429818502.png

Banner was done by the wonderful Kyoshi.

SNES and N64.

Cue reminiscence:

wow that really just took me back a few years, thank you! :D

Even though I was born in the late 90's I was obsessed with Super Mario for the N64! My favorite console of all time is GameCube but I think that came out in 2000

Edited by ~Glimmer Bloom~
  • Brohoof 1

3cd2ee7ab89f6cb75ff4acb2d4010bb3-d77ipso

Glimmer Bloom

Thank you xxConfusedUnicornxx!

N64

I'd fake constantly to come home from school and play Banjo Kazooie

those we the days

edit

*fake sick lol ballsack :/

I did this all the time in middle school. Who needs edumafacation when I gots me some vidjama games? :lol:

I had an NES when I was around 4 but that didn't last long. We moved and lost the cords. Didn't get much chance to play the games I had and I couldn't even play Dragon Warrior cuz I couldn't read at the time.

Never had a SNES or Genesis but then we got the PS1 and N64 real close to each other. That right there was my childhood, even if I was only allowed to play E rated games until I was 12 for the most part.

So yes, I've essentially been a gamer my entire life. Ever since then I haven't gone more than a couple days without playing a video game.

• Brohoof 1

Sega Genesis and Game Boy Color in the mid 90s, PS1 at the end of the 90s.

I still have my Genesis. I <3 it

• Brohoof 1

ICeIx2X.jpg
MLP Forums' resident timelord, sports dilettante, and purveyor of wit and humor
~*Traveling Timelord Nonpareil*~

Uh I have a confession to make,

I'M NOT A 90S KID OKAY, I'M, A 2000S KID, I GREW UP IN THE 2000S, THERE I ADMIT IT

Any way if you want consoles from the 90s I grew up with it's the n64. Though my favorite console as a kid was the game cube which came out in 2001.

• Brohoof 2

My first console was a Playstation 2. I believe I got it when I was 5, or 6. Something like that. However this means I got it around the year 2001, which of course means I never actually owned a console in the 90's.

• Brohoof 1

post-8308-0-79770000-1395439789.png

Credit for the signature goes to Kyoshi

The Nintendo 64. I played the SNES and stuff before then but the N64 was the first console that was considered mine. It was the console that was mostly played by me, before then I used to mostly watch my brother play games (and I still kind of did afterwards as well on the Playstation when it came to certain games like Resident Evil 2). Yes, those were the days filled with Super Smash Bros, Mario Party and Pokemon Stadium and lots of Blockbuster rentals (as well as late fees, of course).

• Brohoof 1

I actually had both the Genesis and the SNES growing up, though I spent more time with the SNES

You had both Genesis and SNES on the same house?And they didn't destroyed each other? :wacko:

• Brohoof 2

Late 90's for me since I was born in 93'. Three systems that dominated my childhood was the Gameboy Color: Pokemon Yellow version. The N64 and the Dreamcast. I liked the ps1 but I did not play it as much as the N64 and the Dreamcast.

I still have and play my old n64 and dreamcast of old to this day.

Marblepiesig2.png.fb6ac098bee1c85c0acf52419aab2729.png

The original Playstation,PSone,PSX...

Whatever people were calling it back in the day, doesn't really matter, the only thing you had to know is that the large majority of games in it's library were pure awesomeness.

"Never give no manipulative bitch the benefit of the doubt" - Compa's grandpa...

My parents had an SNES and PlayStation, but I rarely played them. The games on those consoles that we owned were too difficult for me, especially digimon world where I had no idea what I was doing.

The consoles I grew up with were the gameboy colour and Nintendo 64. The gameboy captured my imagination with Pokemon and it had some nice side scrollers too, like super Mario bros deluxe and wario world 3.

The Nintendo 64 had graphics that blew my mind and had my favorite video game title of all time on it, paper Mario. My parents got rid of my old consoles when I upgraded to the GBA SP and the GameCube, but I managed to find these two systems at value village in great condition.

Edited by Celtore

I wouldn't say "console".

I grew up with the PS1, NES, SNES,and the N64.

Oh and the Gameboy Color.

And I think the Gameboy Advance but depends on what year it was.

Sadly I had nintendo systems.

I wish had the Sega Dreamcast so I can play Power Stone...

WHY CHILDHOOD WHY!!! DX

Edited by Alpha-neos

I actually grew up in the 2000's with an N64. Being born in a family that was a little behind in the area of culture, this was a relic to me. (My brother literally worships it like it's the GOD of video game consoles...) But it wasn't my favorite. (Controllers... CONTROL STICK AT THE BOTTOM? IT MAKES NO SENSE...)

But some of my favorite games come from this console. Banjo-Kazooie, Dr. Mario 64, Gex 64 (Gex 2, that still doesn't help it's obscurity...), Donkey Kong 64, oh and Super Mario 64. The first game I ever played was on here. Super Smash Bros.

Edited by Twilly F. Sniper

58fcd718b2e1f_NerdyLuigisSigII.2.png.fbb45443c27c58836244b7fd6f28b2f6.png

Nintendo NES and Nintendo 64 were the consoles I played growing up in the nineties, I also played on my brother's Sega Saturn, to those who remember that, but I will always be fond of the Nintendo NES and 64, and I still have an urge to play on those consoles again, it was so much fun. 

Edited by Emperor Peter