Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

mega thread Your favourite pony and why?

Twilight Sparkle ✨

Who is the Best pony  

211 users have voted

1. 1. Favorite Main Pony

• Applejack
    • Pinkie Pie
    • Rainbow Dash
    • Fluttershy
    • Twilight Sparkle
    • Rarity
    • Starlight Glimmer
  2. 2. Favorite Secondary Character

• Apple Bloom
    • Scootaloo
    • Sweetie Belle
    • Big Macintosh
    • Cheerilee
    • Braeburn
    • Granny Smith
    • Hoity Toity
    • Mayor
    • Photo Finish
    • Sapphire Shores
    • Spitfire
    • Soarin'
    • Pegasus Royal Guard
    • Princess Celestia
    • Princess Luna
    • Trixie
    • Prince Blueblood
    • Other
    • Princess Cadance
    • Shining Armor
    • Maud Pie
    • Marble Pie
    • Limestone Pie
    • Cranky Doodle
    • Matilda
    • Discord (as a non-villain)
    • Flurry Hearts
    • Sunburst
    • Prince Rutherford
    • Coco Pommel
    • Pear Butter
    • Bright Mac
    • Grand Pear
    • Autumn Blaze
  3. 3. Favorite Tertiary Background Character

• Derpy Hooves
    • DJ P0N3
    • Diamond Tiara
    • Silver Spoon
    • Snips
    • Snails
    • Twist
    • Pipsqueak
    • Bon Bon
    • Lyra
    • Doctor Whooves
    • Octavia
    • Hayseed
    • Lotus
    • Aloe
    • Berry Punch
    • Seafoam
    • Ace
    • CHUNKY!!!
    • Other
  4. 4. Favorite Student Six Character

• Smolder
    • Sandbar
    • Yona
    • Ocellus
    • Gallus
    • Silver Stream

This is actually a hard question

[

I love most of them equally, except Silver Spoon, and Diamond Tiara, because quite frankly F*ck those two.

I feel each is the best in their own way.

Applejack is not always honest, even though that's her element, but she is a good foil for Rarity, and in many cases, Rainbow Dash.

I feel Rarity is a good character, because she brings a ton of femininity to the show (imagine that...in mlp) her attitude, and general way of doing things is very business like, and elegant.

Fluttershy brings the most Femininity to the show, with her timid nature, and generally happy demeanor. She gives the fans someone to relate to in many cases, and I can admit to being cripplingly shy, but I've started to rid myself of that. She is always kind (except when she triest to be more assertive thanks to a minotaur's lessons)

Rainbow Dash brings the tomboyishness to the show, and I enjoy her antics, even though she is boastful, and often times deluded, she CAN do a Sonic Rainboon, so she has some bragging room. Her house is pretty awesome, and her color scheme is very pleasing to the eye. Also, DAT MANE, it's the best in the show in my opinion, not sure why...

Twilight brings the nerdyness to the show, and I love her for her smarts, and her ability to try to think rationally...ok that's a lie, because she's shown on many occasions she over reacts badly, and maybe that's what I like about her, the fact that she goes off the handles when she gets stressed out...

Pinkie is just a party animal, and I love her for her constant up in your face, attitude, like she just wants to make everyone "Smile Smile Smile" so I love that quality.

That being said my favorite Character is Zecora, because she's the mysterious medicine zebra out in the woods who can fix most problems...

Man, this was a very hard question for me, since I like so many of the characters. For me, it's either a tie between Rainbow Dash and Rarity. It's the same story for the background ponies, which is a tie between Octavia and Lyra.

• Brohoof 1

Fluttershy easily. She is cute and kind, but she is also (obviously) incredibly shy and not too talkative. She reminds me of me and my Aspergers Syndrome stuff. I have horrible social skills in person. :| I love them all though!

Edited by Killman

Ok so we can see that on 9/16/12 5:20 the best pony and top 5 where!

# 1 is Derpy Hooves! (468) votes

# 2 princess luna (325) votes

# 3 DJ Pon3 (268) votes

# 4 Fluttershy (199) votes

And last but not least...

# 5 Rainbow Dash (184) votes!

• Brohoof 1

Ok so we can see that on 9/16/12 5:20 the best pony and top 5 where!

# 1 is Derpy Hooves! (468) votes

# 2 princess luna (325) votes

# 3 DJ Pon3 (268) votes

# 4 Fluttershy (199) votes

And last but not least...

# 5 Rainbow Dash (184) votes!

Keep in mind that the top 3 vote receivers are background characters, and since they aren't in the same category at the mane 6-where the voting is more competitive- it may not accurately represent all of our favorite characters. For example 468 people may like Derpy more than Vinyl Scratch but I doubt 468 people like her more than Fluttershy.

Keep in mind that the top 3 vote receivers are background characters, and since they aren't in the same category at the mane 6-where the voting is more competitive- it may not accurately represent all of our favorite characters. For example 468 people may like Derpy more than Vinyl Scratch but I doubt 468 people like her more than Fluttershy.

That makes a lot of sense and I know what you mean but how would you compare all of them? Pretty much you cant compare all the different grops and most of the people who voted for Derpy voted for Fluttershy.

My favourite of the mane six is Rainbow Dash, because I can relate to her competitive side of things. My favourite secondary character is Luna, just because she's a more interesting character than Celestia in my opinion. Finally, my favourite background pony is a tie between Octavia and Vinyl Scratch. I can't decide on one of them. I like Octavia because I'm a cellist, but I also like Vinyl Scratch because I love techno music.

• Brohoof 1

That makes a lot of sense and I know what you mean but how would you compare all of them? Pretty much you cant compare all the different grops and most of the people who voted for Derpy voted for Fluttershy.

I guess if you wanted an accurate picture of everyone's favorite character you'd have to do away with categories altogether- if you can do that sort of thing, I know on some forums there are limits to the number of options in a poll- and just throw all the characters into one poll and see who wins it. And Derpy may well be the most popular character, but the structure of the poll inherently prevents us from knowing that. I would agree it is kind of weird though to throw them into one poll though because you have ponies like doctor whooves and Octavia competing against others like Dash and Twi who have literally received about a million times more screen time/character development. Perhaps we're just better off leaving the poll as is.

Mine's fluttershy. She's so cute and aggressive when she needs 2 be (A) After that it's... I know this sounds really weird... but it's the pony of the hearts and hooves day's song... *drums* the "strangely obsessed with jelly" pony :P cause it's so random :P after that sweet old pinkie :D

Me: Who is best pony rainbow dash or rainbow dash?

Cleverbot: Yes, I love Rainbow Dash!

Me: Is fluttershy best pony?

Cleverbot: No, Rainbow Dash is best pony.

That proves it rainbow dash is best pony!

She got about, like 20& cooler.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_D9we7bQsuo

Some ponies say she stole the 20% cooler thing, I say nay! (Pun intended)

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=20%25%20cooler

And that my friends is the definition of 20% cooler.

• Brohoof 1

Feld0 i think you forgot one secondary character. Can you guess who? Spike! You haven't wrote him down at the favorite secondary character list. :lol:

Is fluttershy or rainbow dash the best pony? Fluttershy is second best pony. Rainbow Dash is best pony. That's a lie! Everyone here know that Fluttershy is the best pony! Pinkie pie is. But. Didn't you just say Rainbow Dash was? No, you implied that Kathy was a he.

Well. That was my cleverbot chat. I got like WTF was that? I mean cleverbot said Rain Dash was the best pony, right? But no then she say Pinkie Pie is.

But yes obviously Fluttershy is my favorite pony.

• Brohoof 1

Who's your favourite pony from the show and why? Mine's Twilight Sparkle, because I feel I can connect with her very well. She's the brainiac of her group, and is always trying to find a scientific explanation to everything.

Agreed, bro. ;p

But as a secondary note, I find Princess Luna oddly attractive...I find her coat really nice :)

Anypony else who likes Twilight Sparkle?

• Brohoof 2

My favorite pony would have to be Me The Great and Powerful Trixie, for obivious reason, well actually for diffeferent reasons, she's different in her own way she is without a Doubt a good pony, just that it's hidden deep within her self, she's really misunderstood

post-8387-0-57459100-1347954548_thumb.png

It keeps changing for me. From the get go I loved Fluttershy then after awhile I really started to appreciate Applejacks character and I started to like her.

Now Pinkie Pie is really growing on me and im begining to like her more than usual.

Anypony else who likes Twilight Sparkle?

I do I do! She's awesome. Not my top favorite, that's Rainbow, but I really identify with Twilight. She's a great main character because she doesn't overwhelm the show, but she's not a generic "straight man" (or straight pony) character either.
  • Brohoof 1

She got about, like 20& cooler.

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=_D9we7bQsuo

Some ponies say she stole the 20% cooler thing, I say nay! (Pun intended)

http://www.urbandict...term=20% cooler

And that my friends is the definition of 20% cooler.

I love this video!

It is so cool Double Rainbow Dash all the way across the sky!

Have you sean when i'm dashing and when i'm louder!

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=_1GRj6CNSGg

Edited by *derpy*
  • Brohoof 1

I think my favorite Mane 6 would be between Fluttershy and Twilight.

CMC: Sweetie Belle.

Alicorn: Cadance

Unicorn: Vinyl Scratch/Lyra

Pegasus: DERPY!

Earth Pony: Doctor Hooves. :)