Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Kodiak

I was also wondering... I've shown this non-pegasister part of MMMystery on the Friendship Express, and some pony pictures and gifs... And she declared Rainbow Dash her favourite. What should I show her?

If she declared Rainbow Dash as her favorite, then I'd go with "Sonic Rainboom". It's RD's showcase episode!

(edited)

Read all of the OP, all of it! Or are you talking about the beginning of season 2?

I usually do read the whole OP, even when several would define it as "too long didn't read".

But, you questioned me, so i doublechecked.

So, i recon you think the beginner two-parter isn't in-depth, but i think it is enough in-depth.

That has to be where it is, because the story has frequently been defined as "not very good for shoving non-bronies".

Have you thought of the fact, that the episodes suggested are either very recent, or the same ones that is recommended to non-bronies?

Now, when i think of it, i agree that "in-depth" may be important for the one you want to show it to, and if one wants to show indepth during one episode only, i think "at the gala/best night ever" really presses the characters to their current max.

However, it really isn't fair to Fluttershy, but the very same reason would then disqualify "Lesson zero", for giving a way too "active" impression of her.

The only occasions that one really gets a fair representation of all Mane 6, is in the two-parters, i'd guess ... at least for starters.

Edited by Tiina Brown

I usually do read the whole OP, even when several would define it as "too long didn't read". But, you questioned me, so i doublechecked. So, i recon you think the beginner two-parter isn't in-depth, but i think it is enough in-depth. That has to be where it is, because the story has frequently been defined as "not very good for shoving non-bronies". Have you thought of the fact, that the episodes suggested are either very recent, or the same ones that is recommended to non-bronies? Now, when i think of it, i agree that "in-depth" may be important for the one you want to show it to, and if one wants to show indepth during one episode only, i think "at the gala/best night ever" really presses the characters to their current max. However, it really isn't fair to Fluttershy, but the very same reason would then disqualify "Lesson zero", for giving a way too "active" impression of her. The only occasions that one really gets a fair representation of all Mane 6, is in the two-parters, i'd guess ... at least for starters.

This pony speaks logically.

As the "breakdown" episodes don't show the characters for who they are.

(edited)

I usually do read the whole OP, even when several would define it as "too long didn't read".

But, you questioned me, so i doublechecked.

So, i recon you think the beginner two-parter isn't in-depth, but i think it is enough in-depth.

That has to be where it is, because the story has frequently been defined as "not very good for shoving non-bronies".

Have you thought of the fact, that the episodes suggested are either very recent, or the same ones that is recommended to non-bronies?

Now, when i think of it, i agree that "in-depth" may be important for the one you want to show it to, and if one wants to show indepth during one episode only, i think "at the gala/best night ever" really presses the characters to their current max.

However, it really isn't fair to Fluttershy, but the very same reason would then disqualify "Lesson zero", for giving a way too "active" impression of her.

The only occasions that one really gets a fair representation of all Mane 6, is in the two-parters, i'd guess ... at least for starters.

TL;DR

Jk

Hmm...that's....logical thinking right there, so your saying I really cant get what I want in one episode?

Edited by caesar15

This pony speaks logically.

As the "breakdown" episodes don't show the characters for who they are.

I'd definitely recommend "Lesson Zero" to a first time watcher. It's simply too good to pass up! If I showed my friends any other episode -- except for maybe "Party of One" -- they wouldn't give it a second chance! You need to introduce others with the best episode so that you can get a foot in the door (so to say.) Watching a purple pony crack and start stalking little ponies in an attempt to create solvable problems is a humorous concept -- for me at least!

Lesson Zero!

TL;DR

Jk

Hmm...that's....logical thinking right there, so your saying I really cant get what I want in one episode?

... Perhaps one can focus on only one pony at the time, instead of trying to focus on all ...

Hm, the quote was from Twilight, so one might start there ...

In that case ... i think i'd suggest Winter wrap-up, because the focus is on Twilight, but the other ones are shown in quite good ways, too, no extremes, no real breakdowns.

... Perhaps one can focus on only one pony at the time, instead of trying to focus on all ...

Hm, the quote was from Twilight, so one might start there ...

In that case ... i think i'd suggest Winter wrap-up, because the focus is on Twilight, but the other ones are shown in quite good ways, too, no extremes, no real breakdowns.

Maybe, and if we go for Winter Wrap-Up we also get the song.

(edited)

The ones that break MLP sterotypes like A Party for One, Lesson Zero, and ect.

Posted Image

When I was at my friends house, I was watching Lesson Zero and she really got into it, it's too bad we had to leave before it really got good!

Edited by Crystal Sparkle
  • Brohoof 1

Every kid in my school hates bronies. Like, really hates them. Yet, they arent really even willing to watch the show. So, I was thinking, I could get them to watch one really good episode, especially one that can easily hook people into the show. Suggestions?

Some people are stubborn and will hate it just for the sake of it being what it is. Don't be surprised if some or even all of them still aren't willing to give it a try after a single episode.

Lesson Zero is one people often use because of it's humor and lack of girly girl elements almost completely. For die-hards who can't appreciate any of the other types of episodes I can think of, I'd say that.

• Brohoof 1

It depends on the person you're trying to convert. A lot of bronies recommend Lesson Zero, but not everyone will like an episode like that...it could give some the impression that the show can't be taken seriously.

It depends on the person you're trying to convert. A lot of bronies recommend Lesson Zero, but not everyone will like an episode like that...it could give some the impression that the show can't be taken seriously.

I don't really think so, at the end, it all sums up quite seriously in the lesson that's learned, like every episode.

• Brohoof 1

Look Before You Sleep.

Hearts and Hooves Day.

Call of the Cutie.

The Show Stoppers.

Green Isn't Your Color

In all seriousness, I'm going with Discord on this one and suggesting you pick the one with the least amount of stereotypical “girly” as you can find, that way the haters can easily adapt to the general awesomenss of the show.

Also, for every hater who watches the first episode, I recommend they skip the intro, songs, etc., because in most cases, that might increase one's look on the show when it comes to demographic. That's what I did when I first started watching, and it helped me.

Now, I can't watch an episode without seeing the intro and musical numbers! Becoming a brony work wonders!

I don't really think so, at the end, it all sums up quite seriously in the lesson that's learned, like every episode.

It's a lot less serious than the rest of the episodes in the show, and the ending was just a way to keep the show from having too many TS episodes. Besides, the ending being serious doesn't mean much if most of the episode isn't.

(edited)

It's a lot less serious than the rest of the episodes in the show, and the ending was just a way to keep the show from having too many TS episodes. Besides, the ending being serious doesn't mean much if most of the episode isn't.

The rest of the episode not being serious was done on purpose, not for the hell of it, ergo, if someone takes it as a show you can't take seriously, they're making an inaccurate judgement. But believe what you wanna, broseph ^^

Getting back to the issue at hand, what are your suggestions then?

Edited by ~Chaotic Discord~

The rest of the episode not being serious was done on purpose, not for the hell of it, ergo, if someone takes it as a show you can't take seriously, they're making an inaccurate judgement. But believe what you wanna, broseph ^^

Getting back to the issue at hand, what are your suggestions then?

I know it was done on purpose, but not everyone will appreciate an episode like that if it's their first time seeing the show.

My suggestions are based on how much I know about the person i'm recommending the show to, so I don't really have any specific episodes i'd recommend to others.

I would have said Return of Harmony or Canterlot Wedding myself. Those really shattered my stereotypes for the show. And Canterlot Wedding was even more fun watching while not being a brony, because I never saw it coming when the pony princess bride-to-be turned out to be a shapeshifting alien who was queen of a horde of changelings. I was expecting, perhaps, an evil twin who was trying to doublecross her sister and marry Shining Armor for power and prestige. But mind control, pony zombies, and epic battle scenes really threw me for a loop. And I was really impressed by the artwork, music and the good writing and sense of suspense created in the episodes.