Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

TCB: Would you betray your own species?

Bendy

Would you betray your own species?  

59 users have voted

1. 1. Would you betray your own species?

• Remain loyal to your friends and family and fight for Humanity.
    • Betray Humanity.
    • Remain neutral.

I would kill all of the ponies, even if I had to do so with my bare hands, and literally squeeze the last breath out of their bodies. Humanity must triumph, at all costs. My own feelings mean nothing in such a scenario. Even if they don't kill us, that is simply their faulty strategy, I wouldn't take any prisoners. At that point the ponies would no longer be a species, just a statistic. 

I would leave none of them alive.

None of them.

Either that, or I'd die trying.

Surrender or neutrality is betrayal of humanity, which is something I'm not likely to do no matter the circumstances. 

And I won't lie, perhaps I'd even enjoy the killing a bit.

Edited by Singularity
  • Brohoof 1

The TCB (The Conversion Bureau) Ponies are a nasty version of MLP FIM Ponies from a series of fan fiction related to The Conversion Bureau. That want the total and complete annihilation of the Human race. by enslaving our minds to be the mindless slaves in body of Pony. Typically they throw what is called a potion bomb at a Human victim turning them into a Pony that is devoid of freewill and will instantly turn on their family and friends as like a zombie would.

Okay, that makes more sense. Thank you for your help. ^^

I guess I would fight against the ponies.

Unless it was Twilight Sparkle.

But that's a different story for another time. ^^"

It depends, If the ponies have turned evil... well we're screwed, as they have magic on they're side, so I'd probably remain neutral. I'f the humans are trying to eradicate ponies, then I'd probs fight with the ponies. Are the ponies in this scenario evil? And by "turning the humans into newfoals" do you mean turning the humans into newborn ponies with no memories of they're past life's? Maybe If I  sided with the ponies they'd let me keep my memories and turn me into a pony of my respective age :P

• Brohoof 1

Would you betray your own species in a Conversion Bureau war? In which evil version (in my opinion) want to destroy and enslave all Humanity by turning Humans into smiling Pony drones known as Newfoals?

How many Humans would betray their own species? As in work against their own race by becoming spies, saboteurs or even Newfoals? Given in to the Hitlerlestia's propaganda and they are misanthropes. I imagine very few would turn their backs on Humanity in the event of Borg TCB Ponies attacking and turning Humans into Zombie Newfoals. Also, in a time like this anyone who openly sided or was found out to be working with the Ponies, I think would be executed almost immediately.

But then again, there's lots of poor and desperate people in this world. But I'd think many would still not want to become a Pony despite this.

I myself would never betray my own species, I would go down fighting and spit in the faces of the Ponies as I die in flaming glory and defiance. And shoot myself, just before I can be turned into a Pony. For in my eyes these TCB Ponies are Reapers from Mass Effect.

Edit Note: Basically the Ponies in TCB are the Reapers from Mass Effect.

I would try to make peace between the two, teach both sides to respect each others species for what it is, and assimilating others will only result in tearing apart of their species and rebellion

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

I prefer to be an obedient pony with a happier life to an obedient human who constantly belongs to the shunned, oppressed and mistreated losers without a chance to change it.

I would enjoy to see my race disappear. Yes, i'm a misanthrope. I'm worse than Grima Wormtongue. Deal with it :comeatus:

Enjoy mindlessly gunning into Human machine gun fire. XD

It depends, If the ponies have turned evil... well we're screwed, as they have magic on they're side, so I'd probably remain neutral. I'f the humans are trying to eradicate ponies, then I'd probs fight with the ponies. Are the ponies in this scenario evil? And by "turning the humans into newfoals" do you mean turning the humans into newborn ponies with no memories of they're past life's? Maybe If I  sided with the ponies they'd let me keep my memories and turn me into a pony of my respective age :P

Nope. The Ponies in this are basically the Reapers from Mass Effect, just more cuddly looking.

Edited by Rush
  • Brohoof 1

Enjoy mindlessly gunning into Human machine gun fire. XD

I'm more useful as a human saboteur, spy or assassin :P

I assume i've only read the nicer TCB fics. No new foals acting like zombies or used as cannon fodder so far ;)

Edited by Gary S.

I'm neutral on this.

I'd rather go to bed, sleep until it's all over.

Ditto.

In all honesty, I more than likely would NEVER relinquish my humanity if it meant I'd turn into a zombified pastel colored Reaper with hooves and no more free will. That doesn't sound like a happy life to me. It's only sad and pathetic for those who would want such a fate!

• Brohoof 2

Uhhhhhh kind of a slanted view of the mythos there OP.

I mean, you're basically asking us if we'd be good or evil. The genius of the setup, when done well (which isn't often I grant you), is that neither side is wholly good or evil. The barrier expanding will kill all humans so the beureaus offer people a chance to escape death at the cost of your species. The conflict is the choice each person faces between the certainty of death on your own terms, or the uncertainty of new life as a fundamentally different creature.

Me, I'm a transhumanist, so yeah I'd "betray" humanity if that's what you want to call it.

Okay, that makes more sense. Thank you for your help. ^^

I guess I would fight against the ponies.

Unless it was Twilight Sparkle.

But that's a different story for another time. ^^"

Be advised, TCB has many different interpretations and some are better than others. Some have one side good and the other evil, while others have the (in my opinion) far more believable scenario of good guys and bad guys existing on both sides.

• Brohoof 2

Be advised, TCB has many different interpretations and some are better than others. Some have one side good and the other evil, while others have the (in my opinion) far more believable scenario of good guys and bad guys existing on both sides.

Can't say that makes very much sense to me. ^^"

TCB stories tend to be close to two extremes: some of them have the ponies as being perfect angelic creatures that can do no harm, while others turn the ponies into monstrosities coming to Earth to enslave us all in the form of ponies. The first making humans to be monsters that need to be fixed by the process of becoming a pony and the second shows mankind's efforts to resist or destroy a horde of happy zombies under Celestia's control, turning her into some sort of evil tyrannical thing that wants to conquer Earth with her army.

Rarely any of them come close to represent humans as they are (diverse and unique individuals), or the ponies as they are in the canon of the show. And most of the time they idealize/vilify either of them far too much.

• Brohoof 1

Neutrality.

Humankind doesn't deserve my help. It's done as much evil as good. When and if the pony threat is eliminated, mankind will go back to it's self destructive ways or will be worse off. Regardless, life as I once knew it would never be the same, and thus, not worth living.

Likewise I wouldn't' help the ponies either. The mind is ones most valued possession and should not be tampered with in anyway. Should they come after me, I'll just hide, stay in the shadows, kill when necessary.

Being most likely drafted to kill ponies versus being indoctrinated to kill humans. No creature has the right to order me how I live. So I'll just sit back and watch the human race and the equestrian race, the two most malevolent species in history, duke it out in total war. It's like seeing democrats and republicans commit mutual homicide. It will be very entertaining.

Whomever looses, I win.

• Brohoof 1

What doesn't? That both Equestria and Earth have heroes and villains?

TCB stories tend to be close to two extremes: some of them have the ponies as being perfect angelic creatures that can do no harm, while others turn the ponies into monstrosities coming to Earth to enslave us all in the form of ponies. The first making humans to be monsters that need to be fixed by the process of becoming a pony and the second shows mankind's efforts to resist or destroy a horde of happy zombies under Celestia's control, turning her into some sort of evil tyrannical thing that wants to conquer Earth with her army.

Rarely any of them come close to represent humans as they are (diverse and unique individuals), or the ponies as they are in the canon of the show. And most of the time they idealize/vilify either of them far too much.

Which is ridiculous no matter which one you're demonizing. Human history itself has proven we are capable of both great good and great evil, but it judging an entire species for the actions of individuals or groups within it (who were often resisted and opposed by others of their kind) is ridiculous. And isn't one of the better aspects of the show that the ponies AREN'T souless smiling drones devoid of any kind of personal flaws?

TCB can be so many things, but it's stereotyped as either a misanthropes wet dream, or WWII buff's excuse to write a sci-fi story. My version may be a self-insert, but it at least it can boast moral diversity.

Edited by Steel Accord
  • Brohoof 1

(edited)

Uhhhhhh kind of a slanted view of the mythos there OP.

I mean, you're basically asking us if we'd be good or evil. The genius of the setup, when done well (which isn't often I grant you), is that neither side is wholly good or evil. The barrier expanding will kill all humans so the beureaus offer people a chance to escape death at the cost of your species. The conflict is the choice each person faces between the certainty of death on your own terms, or the uncertainty of new life as a fundamentally different creature.

Me, I'm a transhumanist, so yeah I'd "betray" humanity if that's what you want to call it.

The TCB Ponies tend to be scum bads liking to the Schutzstaffel, just in the form of cute looking pastel horses. Even if they don't act as much like the SS, they are more or less the same.

Sicne your a transhumanist you would support the Reapers from Mass Effect? They are supposedly the most powerful race in existence and forcefully ascend those into the greater form of a Reaper. The same the TCB Ponies doing the same to Humanity. 

I find it hilarious the Ponies did succeed in converting every Human into Ponies on Earth in some fan fictions. Only for the irony to come full circle as the Reapers from Mass Effect come to arrive afterwords and exterminate the Ponies. Harvest their populations, turn their own Ponies against them with indoctrination and create Reapers out of them. I think what the Reapers do, is more or less what the Conversion Bureau does to Humanity.

TCB Princess Celestia: We are the harbinger of your perfection!

Princess Celestia in TCB is basically Harbinger from Mass Effect.  

Edited by Rush

The TCB Ponies tend to be scum bads liking to the Schutzstaffel, just in the form of cute looking pastel horses. Even if they don't act as much like the SS, they are more or less the same.

Sicne your a transhumanist you would support the Reapers from Mass Effect? They are supposedly the most powerful race in existence and forcefully ascend those into the greater form of a Reaper. The same the TCB Ponies doing the same to Humanity.

I find it hilarious the Ponies did succeed in converting every Human into Ponies on Earth in some fan fictions. Only for the irony to come full circle as the Reapers from Mass Effect come to arrive afterwords and exterminate the Ponies. Harvest their populations, turn their own Ponies against them with indoctrination and create Reapers out of them. I think what the Reapers do, is more or less what the Conversion Bureau does to Humanity.

TCB Princess Celestia: We are the harbinger of your perfection!

Princess Celestia in TCB is basically Harbinger from Mass Effect.

Again, that's not every version of TCB. Some stories have Equestria as a force of good. There are few that try to portray it close to canon, but they exist.

Your specific version, no I would not support. I would definitely ponify though.

I'm a transhumanist because I would not mind becoming something not human to better myself as a person, and support efforts to opportunize such an option.

(edited)

Again, that's not every version of TCB. Some stories have Equestria as a force of good. There are few that try to portray it close to canon, but they exist.

Your specific version, no I would not support. I would definitely ponify though.

I'm a transhumanist because I would not mind becoming something not human to better myself as a person, and support efforts to opportunize such an option.

When you ponify, your first order may be to run straight into machine gun fire to try convert other Humans. What then?

They are interfering with the survival of our species. They have no business to interfere with the affairs of other universes. They should stay in their own reality and let us die.

If they truly want to help us, than using a expanding barrier and forcing us to convert or die it not the way of "saving us". 

One of the only good non TCB war fan fictions is Grey Scale.

So what about Justin Bieber TCB? Where vast armies of Justin Biebers turn everyone into Justin Biebers.

Edited by Rush

I like ponies, but if they ever tried anything hostile towards earth, a line has been crossed.

Peaceful pony = welcome to earth

Invading Borg reaper pony army = say hello to my little friend *pulls out ridiculous amount of firepower*

B)

:umad: :comeatus:

Edited by joecal97

When you ponify, your first order may be to run straight into machine gun fire to try convert other Humans. What then?

They are interfering with the survival of our species. They have no business to interfere with the affairs of other universes. They should stay in their own reality and let us die.

If they truly want to help us, than using a expanding barrier and forcing us to convert or die it not the way of "saving us".

One of the only good non TCB war fan fictions is Grey Scale.

So what about Justin Bieber TCB? Where vast armies of Justin Biebers turn everyone into Justin Biebers.

Who says it has to be a war? Why can't just the Bureaus exist and ponification is left entirely to the people's choice, person to person?

Not all versions even have ponification alter your mind. For some, it's just a physical transformation and your personality remains intact.

To use a Mass Effect analogy of my own, TCB newfoals are acting akin to the Geth. They seek to reach a higher state of being and understand other species, they are not hostile. Organizations such as the PER would be akin to the Geth Heretics.

My point is, your basically viewing a complex and interpretable fan verse through a very narrow lens and it damages the intellectual value of the question you're asking.

Edited by Steel Accord
  • Brohoof 1

(edited)

Who says it has to be a war? Why can't just the Bureaus exist and ponification is left entirely to the people's choice, person to person?

Not all versions even have ponification alter your mind. For some, it's just a physical transformation and your personality remains intact.

To use a Mass Effect analogy of my own, TCB newfoals are acting akin to the Geth. They seek to reach a higher state of being and understand other species, they are not hostile. Organizations such as the PER would be akin to the Geth Heretics.

My point is, your basically viewing a complex and interpretable fan verse through a very narrow lens and it damages the intellectual value of the question you're asking.

Just because you are a "better species" does not give to turn others into you. I'd much rather Humanity die in a nukelar war than become Ponies, brainwashed or not.

It is none of the Ponies concern of our fate. If we are doomed, then let us be doomed.

Edited by Rush

Just because you are a "better species" does not give to turn others into you. I'd much rather Humanity die in a nukelar war than become Ponies, brainwashed or not.

It is none of the Ponies concern of our fate. If we are doomed, then let us be doomed.

I can understand that choice. The question is, would you deny others the right to choose otherwise? Not everyone feels the same as you, some believe that human intelligence is more important to preserve than humanity itself.