Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Pony Weapons

ThePlantsOfDistraction

I would say their biggest weapon is words. I mean really there hasnt been any canon stories of a real battle without them eventually making up in the end. If Equestria was a nation they would be like Switzerland: kind of neutral in everything. So they pretty much dont need weapons. The spears and stuff I bet are just for show.

Dashie references bullets, so they probably have firearms of some type.

By bullet he may just be using to it's other definition:

Used in similes and comparisons to refer to someone or something that moves very fast.

Horseshoes. Those would be a logical choice for weapons. Ponies kick. Hooves hurt. Hooves with horseshoes on them hurt more.

but when you compare a horseshoe to a spear or firearm, they don't really compare.

By bullet he may just be using to it's other definition:

Used in similes and comparisons to refer to someone or something that moves very fast.

Ahem, that "other definition" had not existed, if firearms hadn't existed, since it comes from the idea of a bullet having a fast speed, and therefore, must have been shot out from a firearm of some kind.

• Brohoof 2

Ahem, that "other definition" had not existed, if firearms hadn't existed, since it comes from the idea of a bullet having a fast speed, and therefore, must have been shot out from a firearm of some kind.

But in Equestria, the word bullet could have come from something else. Who knows, maybe there was a pony named Bullet who was really fast. Maybe Equestrians were just like, "Hay, we need a word meaning fast, let's make that word be bullet."

Or, they could be referring to sling bullets, which are the ammunition from slings.

But in Equestria, the word bullet could have come from something else. Who knows, maybe there was a pony named Bullet who was really fast. Maybe Equestrians were just like, "Hay, we need a word meaning fast, let's make that word be bullet."

Or, they could be referring to sling bullets, which are the ammunition from slings.

Um, i thought slings used always ordinary stones as ammunition ....

The "alternate origin" of the word Bullet as fast, is a good point, though, but i think it might have rather another origin, then, like from a fast bull ... or, from an alternate way of pronouncing "bolt".

• Brohoof 1

Um, i thought slings used always ordinary stones as ammunition ....

Slings often do use stones as ammunition, but sometimes lead balls are used which are called often called bullets.

It says so on Wikipedia. Here is the first sentence on on the wiki article for slings:

"'A sling is a projectile weapon typically used to throw a blunt projectile such as a stone or lead "sling-bullet"'.

• 4 months later...
(edited)

Mares and gentlecolts. I present to you the armory of ze poniez.

The Flutterstare. Influences your enemies to submit.

Posted Image

Rainbow nuke. Tactical friendship inbound.

Posted Image

Pony Cuddles. Diversionary tactic. Induce heart attacks on enemies in the immediate area.

Posted Image

Seriously though, I'm not so sure about advancements in any mechanical devices like guns, but certainly classic handheld weapons and developing mechanical weapons like catapults are all things they might possess. When it comes to weapons, a lot of the stuff we've seen seems to have medieval connection. Even the armor looks reminiscent of that time period to me.

Edited by ~Chaotic Discord~
  • Brohoof 3

(edited)

Post contains spoiler about season 2 finale episode. I therefore put it into a spoiler:

It's obvious. Don't you remember the fight scene in a Canterlot wedding?

This ^ is how they would defend themselves. I especially like the Twilight cannon :lol:

Edited by Juggler

Well, in Appleloosa they use apple pies as weapons. Karate exists (I am still waiting for a Chuck Norris pony) since the cutie mark crusaders tried it out for their cutie marks. Scootablue (a background pony that looks like Scootaloo in the classroom) has a bow and arrow cutie mark so archery exists (though I would love to see how an earth pony pulls that off with hooves).

Man, I would soo love to see a pony archer :D That must look epic.

Unicorns can wield anything with levitation. Others can use their mouth, the best being a flail or staff. We don't see much in the way of soldiers in general, and my theory is their is military activity way behind the scenes.

• 10 months later...

A new addition to the armory: The amaerican "Friendship Is Magic 92 Super Tough Incinerating Nuclear Equestrian Guided Rocket"    (or the FIM 92 Stinger :)

A new addition to the armory: The amaerican "Friendship Is Magic 92 Super Tough Incinerating Nuclear Equestrian Guided Rocket"    (or the FIM 92 Stinger smile.png

*Guided Equestrian Rocket, not equestrian guided rocket, that would stinegr, and i think that is the only "pony weaopn" from real-life

• Brohoof 1

Maybe - Like our society, different kinds of people STERIOTYPICALLY have different jobs, Maybe the Alicorn race is there to protect and defend

like Harry Potter

This thread appears to be discussing MLP:FiM in some way, shape or form. Thus, it has been sentenced to Show Discussion.

This is an automatically generated message, by the way.

• 2 years later...

not really canon, but in the friendship ahoy comics, on the cover they have swords. which they hold in there mouth, or hoof at times. theres also a few pages with dash sword fighting a pirate, so..i guess they do have weaponry, equestria isn't like..a place where everything is all good, ^W^

Well the OP is right, the Crystal Empire ponies have shown lances. But he also forgets that we have seen other weapons. The Royal Guard have the more practical and functional spears, the Wonderbolts and pegasi royal guards have both show their wings can take on blade like qualities. (Secret of my Excess, A Bird in the Hoof) and Pip was first seen playing with a wooden sword. If they have toys to simulate the weapon, logically the weapon itself must exist.

And firearms are illegal in Ponyville. So let's just see what happens to Ponyville once the Covenant attacks Earth...

Where the Hell are you getting that factoid? They've never even mentioned possession laws of ANY kind on the show. 

I would say their biggest weapon is words. I mean really there hasnt been any canon stories of a real battle without them eventually making up in the end. If Equestria was a nation they would be like Switzerland: kind of neutral in everything. So they pretty much dont need weapons. The spears and stuff I bet are just for show.

The fact that Canterlot was locked down in A Canterlot Wedding and the guard showed obvious intent to use those spears at Twilight's approach contests this assertion. Their have been battles on this show, many times in fact, both personal and mass scale. Equestria is less like Switzerland and more like the Culture of Iain M. Bank's novels. Merciful but will respond with overwhelming force if threatened. (Only with magic in place of the Culture's space age weaponry.)

Man, I would soo love to see a pony archer :D That must look epic.

You can, archery was a competition in the Equestria games.

• Brohoof 1

Slings often do use stones as ammunition, but sometimes lead balls are used which are called often called bullets.

It says so on Wikipedia. Here is the first sentence on on the wiki article for slings:

"'A sling is a projectile weapon typically used to throw a blunt projectile such as a stone or lead "sling-bullet"'.

wouldn't you need 3 if not 4 arms to use a sling shot?