Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Team Fortress 2 Server - Now Open!

Twilight Sparkle ✨

Team Fortress 2 Logo.png

The official MLP Forums Team Fortress 2 server is finally here! Neikos, whom you probably know as the creator of our Chrome extension and an avid roleplayer, is in charge of it and has admin access to the game, so please direct any questions/problems/feedback about the TF2 server towards him.

To play, connect to the address <a href="steam://connect/tf2.mpforums.com">tf2.mlpforums.com</a>. Feel free to invite anyone you want to the server, even if they're not members of MLP Forums.

Lastly, all MLP Forums board rules still apply on the TF2 server.
  • Brohoof 20

Okay! So the server is now 32 slots. Everything should work like a normal server. Should it not, feel free to shoot me a message asap so I can take a look at it.

If there are any bad behaved users, I enabled the votekick for now. I'm not sure how we will deal with longtime parasprites but just tell me about that too, I have the logs.

Could someone explain the process of connecting to the provided address? I just usually use the in-game browser, so I'm not terribly familiar with alternate methods, if this is one.

Of course.

So you open the server browser and go to the favorites tab. Then on the bottom right click the "Add a server" button. There you then paste the IP and click Add this Server to Favorites. You then simply refresh the list and it should be there!

I will have to try this soon, I will attempt to make my team proud as a Heavy! :D

I really like the server, but I have a few little suggestions to put on board, I will keep this post short as possible, but it is likely to be very long....

tf_allow_taunt_switch 2
Why and what does this command do? well, this command allow you to do an old glitch called taunt switching, it got fixed in the mann.co update (oct 1st 2010) and re added in as a server side console command recently.

really just for fun. if you can't view the video, this bug enabled you to switch weapons while taunting, so the charterer would do incorrect actions while taunting and using the wrong item, eg taunting with the sandvitch the heavy would eat it, if you switch to your minugun right at the start of the taunt on a server with tf_allow_taunt_switch 1 on you will start eating your minigun! if you are on a server with tf_allow_taunt_switch 2 you can switch at any time and not have to get the timing right (in the middle of a taunt etc etc)

sv_pure 0why and what does it do?

Sv_pure 1 is a white list of custom models, textures and sounds to prevent material hacks and cheats. with this on, most pony mods will not work, sv_pure 2 blocks ALL custom mods etc ect....with sv_pure 0 on it will allow the pony mods (and other mods in general) to work, all pony servers I know have this on for the pony mods to work.

edit: the server is already configured like this.

tf_birthday 1

now this command enables birthday mode, and what this does is enables "silly gibs" and gets rid of all the gore apart from the blood, it replaces the health kits with various party foods and spawns a beach ball in the blue spawn room , really this is just for fun, if you want to read more about this command you can right here http://wiki.teamfort...i/Birthday_mode

sv_use_steam_voice 0
This makes TF2 use the old voice codec, not the skype one which has a higher quality, HOWEVER it works much better with more microphones and allows users to play music though the microphone with HLDJ or HLSS and still be able to hear the ingame sounds, if this was to be enabled people could "mic spam" pony songs into the microphone, and if people find it distracting they can easily mute other players. I'm not quite sure if this is a good idea, but could easily work on a trail bassis to see if it gets abused, however this mic spamming or music playing can still be done with the new voice codec if you are using another tool (I forget its name) or if you set your microphone to your sound card in the steam settings and mute all other sounds and then have the music playing in a web browser or off a media player...

Also the server is missing a MOTD (message of the day) that pops up when you join the server, a lot of servers chose to display a little bit of information about the the server ( or the forums) and/or choose to put advertising on the page, but most commonly the server rules, which would be VERY important on a pony server, yesterday we had these two people pupstomping/clan stomping and they were being dicks(swearing at people who aren't as good as them) to everyone in general who wasn't as good as them, there has to be something in the rules to stop them however I guess you can't blame them that much as they weren't from the forums and they wouldn't know the current rules ( all global forums rules apply to the server), but I guess that wasn't an excuse for being a dick.

I had a few other ideas, but I cannot remember them at the moment.

thanks for reading :3

Edited by flaretta
  • Brohoof 2