Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Jan animations shut down by hasbro/C&D

M'aiq the Liar

I'm sorry, but tough. If you can't afford to participate in the fandom, then you can't afford it. It gives you no right to illegally download/stream videos. ( which is a form of theft, by the way.)

I never said download or stream, I said Youtube. Where in the hoof did you pull that from? 

shrugpony_luna_by_moongazeponies-d3cvk0a

• Brohoof 1

I'm sorry, but tough. If you can't afford to participate in the fandom, then you can't afford it. It gives you no right to illegally download/stream videos. ( which is a form of theft, by the way.)

And they do! To be honest I've never seen any proper copycat FIM products.

then you aren't looking hard enough, I see them in every obvious spot

So folks outside the US shouldn't watch streams of a show they can't watch on tv in there own country then? Screw that. 

• Brohoof 4

So folks outside the US shouldn't watch streams of a show they can't watch on tv in there own country then? Screw that. 

Which means I WOULDN'T BE ABLE to watch the new Sailor Moon Crystal that is STREAMING WORLD WIDE to reach out to the MILLIONS of fans!! The only reason why Sailor Moon Crystal even exists is because of the constant fanbase that supported Sailor Moon for the passed 25 years!!!!!! OMFG D:

I don't understand Perry. :S

they have to be either: drunk, or completely so tired they have NO IDEA what they're saying ... o.o

We're both from the UK, so I do feel your pain, and yes, I do use dailymotion, but it's still wrong, and it's still theft. Edited by Pinkie Perry
  • Brohoof 1

Which means I WOULDN'T BE ABLE to watch the new Sailor Moon Crystal that is STREAMING WORLD WIDE to reach out to the MILLIONS of fans!! The only reason why Sailor Moon Crystal even exists is because of the constant fanbase that supported Sailor Moon for the passed 25 years!!!!!! OMFG D:

they have to be either: drunk, or completely so tired they have NO IDEA what they're saying ... o.o

You should see some of the other posts she posted. She might not sleep.  :muffins:

Seriously though... Jan Animations. Better not give up. This just isn't right on so many levels. Hasbro is going to lose their community.

I'm not excusing my behavior, but we in the UK don't get the Hub. If we did. I'd pay for it!

Well what's a broke college kid like me suppose to do? 

and by the way. Just because there's a Law in some form or fashion doesn't mean it's right. 

• Brohoof 5

I'm not excusing my behavior, but we in the UK don't get the Hub. If we did. I'd pay for it!

yet you still watch the videos on release, if you were such an anti-pirate as you say you are, you'd wait until its on DVD or one of your TV channels began to show episodes

We're both from the UK, so I do feel your pain, and yes, I do use dailymotion, but it's still wrong, and it's still theft.

So we citizens of third world countries are thieves, for watching a show about love and tolerance, the only way we can? Capitalism at it's finest.

• Brohoof 1

So we citizens of third world countries are thieves, for watching a show about love and tolerance, the only way we can? Capitalism at it's finest.

Capitalism sucks but it's the best system we have for now so we should deal with it. I hope something changes in the future.

Sorry, but according to the law you are.

And the same guys who made the law, in my case don't follow our own constitution and compromise our territorial integrity, and in your case don't follow direct orders from the United Nations Security Council, and don't follow resolutions you could have vetoed, exempli gratia Resolution 1244. Why should we follow the law then?

• Brohoof 1

*sigh* That's very disappointing. I know why Hasbro did it (to stop people from assuming it's official content from the show), but I feel like they don't realize how much these side-projects keep this fandom going. One of the big reasons MLP's fandom became so large was its massive amount of high-quality fan-made content, and Hasbro needs to realize that in their attempts to protect their IPs they are hurting the morale of the creative fandom. That's all I have to say on the matter. JanAnimations and ShadyVox, goodbye, and good luck.

Edited by DryColt84
  • Brohoof 3

Mmmm probably already posted but I still don't get why, for as far as I know, they even made some animations for that big bronies documentary, of some sorts. :/

• Brohoof 3

Mmmm probably already posted but I still don't get why, for as far as I know, they even made some animations for that big bronies documentary, of some sorts. :/

So I wasn't mistaken about that then. I was going to write something like that here, but damnit Wayzer, you read my mind and did it before me!! Damn you! XD

I'm pretty disappointed that Hasbro would do something like that.

Normally they're quite supportive of bronies and fan-made material.

Quite sad it has come to this.

They aren't and never were.

• Brohoof 1

I think we should all say "Fan Work" in a big sign before we do anything that is from the show. And "All Copyrights to Hasbro". That way none should have a problem... unless ofc they are stupid. Abridged series live due to that.

I asked him about this and he does get upset when he sees r34 and stuff like that.
If you don't want others to draw it or get inspired from it don't even publish it. There... and if you ask me i would be only angry if the one creating it didn't ask me first.

Bronycurious talked about this general fanwork thing in one of his videos. I don't remember what he said exactly neither will i go in-depth.

Fun Fact:Did you know that the "Happy Birthday" song is copyrighted and everytime you sing it you are violating copyright laws? I learned that from the "Idea Channel". Our copyright laws are obsolete.
  • Brohoof 2