Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Life goals/achievements you have accomplished?

IcyHaze

I saw a thread asking people waht their goals in life are, but I didn't find one about things you have already accomplished in life.

Have you completed any of your dreams or goals in life?

One minor goal of mine was to lose the weight which I gained a year or so ago.

I don't even remember it happening, but one day I just realised how much heavier than normal I was.

A bit more work in the gym, and some more care for what I was eating, and or the past few months I've been in better shape than ever ^.^

Before

y1RivKa.jpg

After   (Was dying my hair in the pic...only one I can find that's suitable atm :3)

cs5hbJK.jpg

EDIT: Fixed images >.>

Edited by IcyHaze
  • Brohoof 3

The life achievement that I was able to accomplish was, raising my GPA higher than it was before in my first two years of high school. I never knew that I could accomplish a defining feat.

• Brohoof 2

It wasn't a life goal, instead more of an aim for myself that developed over time, but I maintained a 4.0 in high school up to graduation.

Even got the valedictorian bit, so I can kinda just move on and count myself successful in that regard before college drops me down to something lower (hoping for 3.7+).

Suppose that's a goal of sorts, which I reached.

Sadly the more concrete dreams/goals of mine are a bit too far in the future.  :)

EDIT: Also, I got a trophy for a math competition. I kinda wanted something trophy-like in life, as just one of those bucketlist items.  :lol:

Edited by SFyr
  • Brohoof 2

The life achievement that I was able to accomplish was, raising my GPA higher than it was before in my first two years of high school. I never knew that I could accomplish a defining feat.

Well, congratulations to you xD

• Brohoof 1

I fairly - although not completely - fulfilled a high school dream to get to play the bassoon (my most favoritest instrument lol) in an orchestra and get to play in a beautiful concert hall (the last part was kind of shallow, lol). I did very much fulfill it from what how I stated it there, but back in high school I was thinking a professional orchestra, while this was a university orchestra. The reason I consider it a fulfillment of the dream is because the university orchestra was at a particularly high level and getting to be a part of it took me by surprise, and in that short time I attended the school we took a trip and got to go to a fancy concert hall! lol. If I ever had any reason to believe there was some higher power, this would probably be it. (But I don't.)

Getting all three of my favorite instruments, bassoon, tenor saxophone, and oboe, also is a bit of a fulfillment of a dream from that same time... Back in high school they became my three favorite instruments and I wanted to get and play them all. And now I have them all! I just have to learn the last two. lol

• Brohoof 1

I fairly - although not completely - fulfilled a high school dream to get to play the bassoon (my most favoritest instrument lol) in an orchestra and get to play in a beautiful concert hall (the last part was kind of shallow, lol). I did very much fulfill it from what how I stated it there, but back in high school I was thinking a professional orchestra, while this was a university orchestra. The reason I consider it a fulfillment of the dream is because the university orchestra was at a particularly high level and getting to be a part of it took me by surprise, and in that short time I attended the school we took a trip and got to go to a fancy concert hall! lol. If I ever had any reason to believe there was some higher power, this would probably be it. (But I don't.)

Getting all three of my favorite instruments, bassoon, tenor saxophone, and oboe, also is a bit of a fulfillment of a dream from that same time... Back in high school they became my three favorite instruments and I wanted to get and play them all. And now I have them all! I just have to learn the last two. lol

That's brilliant :D

Interesting choice of insturments :3

@@Envy, sufficient enough to be impressive to me, haha. I have little to no musical affinity, so it's awesome to hear from people not afflicted by the same.  :lol: And personally I don't think playing in a beautiful concert hall is shallow; it seems more about the like, indication of status or achievement?

Kinda like getting a trophy instead of a ribbon, regardless of the ability it took to get either one.  :)

Graduate college: I took longer than I should have, but graduated with a 3.7.

Start a good career: so far so good...it's challenging, rewarding, prestigious and pays well.

Travel the world: so far I've visited or lived in 24 countries.

Write a great novel: clop counts, right? (I kid, I kid)

• Brohoof 2

Graduate college: I took longer than I should have, but graduated with a 3.7.

Start a good career: so far so good...it's challenging, rewarding, prestigious and pays well.

Travel the world: so far I've visited or lived in 24 countries.

Write a great novel: clop counts, right? (I kid, I kid)

Well, sounds like an awesome track so far. Got any favorites among those countries? Was Sweden or Japan among those 24?  :yay:

Also, so did you actually write a novel?  :lol:

Hmm. Let's see.

*checks list of goals*

Mmm. Nah, not that one....Not that one either....Wait did I d...Nope, screwed that one up countless times. What abo...Nope. Maybe this on....Ha, not even close to completing that one...

*done analyzing list*

I've managed to stay alive so far. Does that count?

• Brohoof 1

Well, sounds like an awesome track so far. Got any favorites among those countries? Was Sweden or Japan among those 24? :yay:

Also, so did you actually write a novel? :lol:

Haven't been to Sweden. Japan was awesome, though. So far my favorite overall is Italy. To visit, not to live, I should clarify.
  • Brohoof 1

I take life one day at a time, so any real goals I have ever made are made with the perspective of just a few days down the road. The only long term goal(s) I had/have are:

at age 18 I made it a goal to get 100 Ty Whispers by age 25 (I had 7 at the time, and thought it was a funny goal). Funny enough, I achieved that goal just a few weeks ago. My stipulations were that I had to buy them at thrift and antique stores, and I would not spend more than 2.50 on one. I honestly never thought I'd achieve this goal since it was so silly, but now that I have 100, I can rightfully say I have deer army/arsenal....I mean here's just 72 of them:

sy48d5.jpg

Other than that, all my current long term desires involve helping my husband achieve his dreams. He is one ambitious man and he needs all the support he can get. :wub:

• Brohoof 1

Honestly I would have to say my greatest achievement would have to be my two beautiful children.

Everyone loves them and I get asked many times for people to watch them.

They are such good children that no matter what I may go through, I always have them.

• Brohoof 2