Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Intelligent magical dragons?

Bendy

(edited)

Since the Pony world is a place of magic. Don't you think there are some more intelligent dragons out there, other than Spike? Dragons that would perhaps have magical powers?

For example in the Baldur's Gate universe, there's good and evil dragons. Good or bad dragons, that use magic to shrink themselves down to the size and change to the form of a Human, for some dragons are fascinated with Human society, live among Humans,and even defend them, if let's say an army of demon monsters attacked a town. It's rather nice to know that friendly neighbor of yours was a giant dragon. Whom then proceeds to use his giant dragon body to breathe fire and burn the demons and step on the demons crushing them, to save the town.

So if this were to happen in the MLP FIM universe, that means there are some Ponies, who are actually dragons, but are disguising themselves as Ponies with their magic.

Edited by Rush

This sounds a tad ridiculous. Why hide among ponies when you can be what you truly are? A powerful large flying reptile that can breathe fire. It would make more since to have the reverse. But probably only if you're more into the evil specter. Which makes me wonder what king Sombra would look like as a dragon. Awesome I bet. But from what we've seen in the show, Dragons could care less about the ponies and are prone to be aggressive. Even purposefully staging attacks. If there are dragons secretly disguised as ponies blending in with society then they are a disappointment. Spike is an exception

• Brohoof 1

I like to think they are more intelligent, civilized dragons out there somewhere. I noticed that in "Dragon Quest" all the dragons had wings, and Spike doesn't. There may be different races of dragons, like how there are different races of ponies. They may even be in a similar situation that ponies used to be in, seperated and fighting amongst themselves.

• Brohoof 1

Well if Dragons were going to cast magic, then it appears their breath is the medium for them to do it. Just like how Spike can teleport letters with his breath.

• 5 months later...

You have to remember, most of the dragons we've met so far in the series, aside from spike, were teenagers.  Teenagers are in and of themselves, mindless beasts.

I think some of the older dragons are wiser, but its possible we haven't met any of them yet.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm sure there are intelligent adult magical dragons in the Equestrian universe. So far, most if not all of the adult dragons depicted in the show leaned more toward greed and apathy than wisdom and virtue, but there could be some out there who adhere to the same morality Spike does. If they are able to do magic, they probably could disguise themselves as ponies if they were sufficiently adept at it.

This reminds me of a really cool MLP fanfiction I read once called the Moonstone Cup. If I recall correctly, one of the characters was an ancient dragon mage who was able to do all sorts of complicated magic. Cool stuff.

The seem just as inteligent as any other Sentient race around the pony planet. However they seem to become reclusive hoarders when they reach full maturity which is probably why you do not see much of them. The teen dragons hang out during the migration but after awhile instinct takes over. Thats my head canon anyway.