Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What Emotional Plot Lines You Would Like to See Become A Reality?

AppleCrackers

There is no denying that emotional moments are a huge part of any show, they help to invest you into the characters and really help you to understand what each and every one of them strive for. What emotional moments would you like to see take place in the show? Involving which characters?

For me I would like to see what happens if and when one of the CMC get their Cutie Mark before the others. The CMC are dead set on receiving their Cutie Marks and even though they are best friends, I do believe that one succeeding before the others would cause some envious feelings, especially with one against three (Babs included). If this is to happen then I believe it will be most effective if the the pony with the new cutie mark asks to leave the CMC group as they are no longer hunting for the same goal. I would like to see the cutie mark pony act arrogant and way over their head and the other three ponies act jealous and bitter.

It would be effective if the Cutie Mark Pony was then told by there respective older pony, (Rainbow Dash for Scoots, Rarity for Sweetie and AppleJack for Applebloom and Babs ) that they shouldn't go it alone because the world can be quite scary when you're alone and that happiness comes in numbers. (This speech could be really heartfelt and really promote the shows main morals too :) ) Realising their wrongs, the Cutie Mark pony could go and apologise to the rest of the CMC with there respective older pony beside them and tell them everything that they were told. The apology is accepted and the CMC strive to always stick together no matter what the future holds! :)

Sorry for my wall of text! Just an idea I had. I have a couple more emotional storyline ideas but now I want to hear from you guys! I bet some of you have some really, really awesome ideas!

Oh and if one of the CMC was to get there Cutie Mark before the rest who would you want it to be? For me it would be either Sweetie or Scoots. I think Scoots has worked the hardest out of the gang but I would love to see Rarity beside herself with pride for a younger sister :)

Anyway... Let's here your ideas!! :)

• Brohoof 2

I love the CMC idea, it's a sentiment many in the fandom share.

The fact that the entirety of Scootaloo's family has been in absentia without ever being referenced really bothers me. Absentee parents/families are a constant on the show but it makes no sense for it to be in the case of a child character, especially since we have gone this far into the show, including giving her two focus episodes, without doing it. It's fine that they leave some things like Scootaloo's flying ability up to fandom interpretation until whatever time (if any) it comes up again, but this is important and really needs to be cleared up, for Scootaloo as a character, to give a possible lesson to her friends, and possibly for any insight into Pegasus culture that it may bring (do they value self-sufficiency as a reason for letting Scootaloo go on her own so often?).

Another one I would like to see is Spike dealing with the implications of growing up, being the only dragon in a pony society, and the status gap between him and the rest of the Mane 6. The rest of the Mane 6 all have goals for life that they're all working towards, large social circles, and a means for achieving said goal, however Spike does not seem to mind being Twilight's assistant and little else. He can't be her assistant forever. What if there comes a time when either Twilight no longer needs an assistant, or Spike is no longer able to be her assistant? What will he do then? What about the implications that the title of "assistant" is pretty much associated with being temporary and, one day, moving on?

• Brohoof 3

So far we don't know anything about our two pegasus girl's families. I think it would be interesting if one of them were estranged from her parents.

I'd like to go with Fluttershy for this example. Let's say her mother died when she was young, and the grief from it caused her father to distance himself. He recently had some kind of epiphany, and wants to reconnect with her. Fluttershy's having a hard though, and her being introverted isn't helping either. Applejack would be a great supporting character for this plot, what with her being so family oriented. It would also be a good chance for AJ and Fluttershy to have a bonding episode, which they haven't had yet (Bats did not cut it for me). It could end with Fluttershy not being able to accept him as her father yet, but willing to start building a friendship with him. And over time she hopes that maybe, one day, she'll consider him family again.

• Brohoof 3

I love the CMC idea, it's a sentiment many in the fandom share.

The fact that the entirety of Scootaloo's family has been in absentia without ever being referenced really bothers me. Absentee parents/families are a constant on the show but it makes no sense for it to be in the case of a child character, especially since we have gone this far into the show, including giving her two focus episodes, without doing it. It's fine that they leave some things like Scootaloo's flying ability up to fandom interpretation until whatever time (if any) it comes up again, but this is important and really needs to be cleared up, for Scootaloo as a character, to give a possible lesson to her friends, and possibly for any insight into Pegasus culture that it may bring (do they value self-sufficiency as a reason for letting Scootaloo go on her own so often?).

Another one I would like to see is Spike dealing with the implications of growing up, being the only dragon in a pony society, and the status gap between him and the rest of the Mane 6. The rest of the Mane 6 all have goals for life that they're all working towards, large social circles, and a means for achieving said goal, however Spike does not seem to mind being Twilight's assistant and little else. He can't be her assistant forever. What if there comes a time when either Twilight no longer needs an assistant, or Spike is no longer able to be her assistant? What will he do then? What about the implications that the title of "assistant" is pretty much associated with being temporary and, one day, moving on?

I agree with this ^^

It does seem rather strange in the case of Scoots. Apple is sister of AppleJack. Sweetie is sister of Rarity. And Scoots ??? Detailing the other CMC's family and completely leaving Scoots out does seem rather strange, perhaps the writers are hinting at something or building up speculation until the point when we finally receive some insight to the whereabouts of Scoots family. I also find it strange how Scoots was not given an older sister figure to idolise and instead was turned to Rainbow Dash. I feel this may be hinting at something too but i'm not quite sure what yet :P

As for Spike, I think him realising how many choices he actually has to make will really clear room for some massive character development on his part. Spike cannot stay young forever and when he is no longer needed by Twilight it is interesting to think what he might do next.

So far we don't know anything about our two pegasus girl's families. I think it would be interesting if one of them were estranged from her parents.

I'd like to go with Fluttershy for this example. Let's say her mother died when she was young, and the grief from it caused her father to distance himself. He recently had some kind of epiphany, and wants to reconnect with her. Fluttershy's having a hard though, and her being introverted isn't helping either. Applejack would be a great supporting character for this plot, what with her being so family oriented. It would also be a good chance for AJ and Fluttershy to have a bonding episode, which they haven't had yet (Bats did not cut it for me). It could end with Fluttershy not being able to accept him as her father yet, but willing to start building a friendship with him. And over time she hopes that maybe, one day, she'll consider him family again.

Wow that would be a fantastic episode idea :) I could see AJ being a pretty amazing character in a situation like that and with Fluttershy's loving nature it would be extremely interesting to see her talk about somebody she dislikes in such a personal way.

• Brohoof 1

It would also be a good chance for AJ and Fluttershy to have a bonding episode

This would also be a great time to finally have AJ explain in a flashback what happened to her own parents (presumably deceased) and telling Fluttershy to not let this opportunity slip by because you never know if it might be the last time she'll ever see him again. :(

We could end two mysteries in one heartwrenching episode!

• Brohoof 3

This would also be a great time to finally have AJ explain in a flashback what happened to her own parents (presumably deceased) and telling Fluttershy to not let this opportunity slip by because you never know if it might be the last time she'll ever see him again. :(

We could end two mysteries in one heartwrenching episode!

Sounds like a pretty good idea to me! An episode that would tie up a lot of loose ends with one big knot!

And Geeze that would be a heart-wrenching episode!!

The CMC plot line, because without mentioning or showing any references to Scootaloo's family and if she has a family to begin with is bothering me a little. I know Scootaloo's slight possibility of flying could be explained a little bit more, but I would want to know more if Scoots has a family or not.

I want to see a crush.

Not a romance.

Not even fawning over some stallion.

Just a crush.

Just, some character of the Mane Six, growing these feelings for some other pony. It's small, minor, and they have no idea what to do with it. Picture the cuteness. Picture the denial. Picture things getting more out-of-hoof when they realize these feelings exist. Picture how it could end.

And most importantly,

PICTURE THE GODDAMNED CUTENESS

I want to see a crush.

Not a romance.

Not even fawning over some stallion.

Just a crush.

Just, some character of the Mane Six, growing these feelings for some other pony. It's small, minor, and they have no idea what to do with it. Picture the cuteness. Picture the denial. Picture things getting more out-of-hoof when they realize these feelings exist. Picture how it could end.

And most importantly,

PICTURE THE GODDAMNED CUTENESS

Isn't that already the case between Twilight and Flash Sentry?

More Sparity, please.

Like when Spike and Rarity are falling to their deaths, and Spike starts confessing his feelings and Rarity puts her hoof over his mouth with tears in her eyes and a smile that says "I know.".

Can't get more emotional than that....

And everyone hated THAT sh*t... :lol:
  • Brohoof 4

I meant a well-written one. :T

You know, with a decent significant other and actually forming a legitimate chemistry between them.

The Flash Sentry thing was bland and unGODly boring.

• Brohoof 1

An interesting story line would be if the Apples had another family reunion and some family members come that haven't been in Equestria in a long time and they ask Applejack about her parents like: where are they? or how are they doing? and we get to find out what happened to their parents.

I'd like to see Princess Celestia PMS all over the place and take it out on Twilight, and then Spike and the rest of the Mane 6 remind Twilight that Celestia only said those things because she's being an ass, and then Twilight and everyone else calms Celestia down and Celestia writes a letter to Twilight about the meaning of friendship.

136493113045.gif

Riveting, right?

• Brohoof 3

Call me a broken record, but I'd really like to know what happened to the Apple parents. It's obvious they're a close family, so either they're deceased (has the show ever touched on death before?) or they were criminals of some kind.  :blink:

Call me a broken record, but I'd really like to know what happened to the Apple parents. It's obvious they're a close family, so either they're deceased (has the show ever touched on death before?) or they were criminals of some kind.  :blink:

A lot of people, me included, want to know about AJ's parents. It seems weird that she has such a large and extensive family but no parents to speak of. I'm sure all will be revealed ;) (hopefully)

I need that cutie mark crusader episode you described like I need air. That's the only episode I've been dying to see.

I'd also love an episode in which Twilight Sparkle and preferably Pinkie Pie are having a day out in Canterlot, maybe to celebrate something. However, Twilight is bombarded with fans, and tries to juggle her time between her friend and her subjects. Pinkie Pie gets sad because she feels less important to Twilight now. The lesson would be Pinkie Pie's. Pinkie Pie learns "that now that you havd an important friend, things can't stay the same as they were once. But that doesn't mean you should give up on your friendship"

• Brohoof 1

- The CMC getting their cutie marks is an absolute must, as is Scootaloo's home life. Kind of dropped the ball by not exploring the latter yet, me thinks.

- I really want to know Discord's role in this world. He was just a really cool villain before, but "Keep Calm and Flutter On" onwards keeps implying there's more to him then just that. Why hasn't he just reverted to his old ways after the Elements were taken out of commission, and why does he care about Fluttershy's friendship at all? There's something else going on there.

- Celestia deserves more of an exploration. The comics have tried to fill in this gap, and that's wonderful, but the show hasn't done much outside of the hints at Celestia's regret over banishing Luna. I want to know what's going on in that 1,000+ year old head.

- I really want Spike's relationship with his identity to come full circle. At this point he's decided that he's a pony at heart and seems mostly content with his life, but he's still a dragon. Perhaps an episode that emphasizes a balance between his heritage and his adopted culture. Get on it, Polsky.

• Brohoof 1

Either Fluttershy having to give Angel away, like maybe to family, or a Rainbow Dash being potentially being crippled and scootaloo has to calm her down about it

ooooorrr............

We could see some Sweetiemash

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

Either Fluttershy having to give Angel away, like maybe to family, or a Rainbow Dash being potentially being crippled and scootaloo has to calm her down about it

ooooorrr............

We could see some Sweetiemash

That Rainbow Dash Idea is fantastic :) Given me an idea for a story actually! That would be a fantastic episode :D

(Sweetiemash :) :) :) :) :) YES!!!

Edited by AppleCrackers

One emotional plot would be if Spike had to say goodbye to everypony. Let's say they found out where Spike originated from, but it's quite far and dangerous so only Celestia can take him there safely. He decides to take this chance and go visit his lost home. He wouldn't be leaving forever, just for a while.

Still would be sad to watch him say goodbye to the mane 6. Having a one on one with each girl, reminiscing about the moments they've each shared with him. Seeing him say goodbye to Twilight would be really heart wrenching. Those two have been together for such a long time they might not be able to picture life without each other. There could be a montage off all they've been through, including moments from when they were younger that we've never seen before. So much :'(

• Brohoof 1

-snip-

You're an evil person.

I'd like to see what happened to the Apple parents as much as the next guy :D

I'd also like to see some more about Granny Smith's Homelife :D

wet_mane_granny_smith_by_draikjack-d4hn2

Or her love life.

Most of all, though, I want to know more about Rarity's relationship with Magnum and Pearl :D

Honestly; they're so earthy. More of a working class family, dad has footballs as his cutie mark, indicating that to be his talent, they've got those midwestern accents that would be laughed at in Canterlot's High Society...

...Obviously, I think, her parents played a significant impact in her growing up to be who she wants to be; that's one of the things I love about Rares. She's always got her head in the clouds with who she wants to become, but she still works like the dickens to make her dreams come true. I find that to be very admirable :wub:

But what about her parents? They're far from being classy people, honestly. I think it's a safe assumption that they played a role in her ending up wanting to be a famous fashion designer who spends time with Canterlot's Elite, given how sloppy they seem to be (they ENJOYED eating burnt food. I mean BURNT food. That's not really saying...clean and kosher, is it?) to see them dive into this sort of thing one day :D

Yeahh...-_- I know the chances of it happening are unlikely, but hearing more about Rarity's relationship with her parents is something I've been yearning for ever since I saw Sisterhooves Social :D

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

-More Spike dealing with his self identity; ideally with his corporeal age catching up with his mind. Poor guy must be an emotional wreck.

-More Sparity, even if its just her letting him down gently. Wouldn't be happy about it, but it would make for a great story.

Scootaloo's home life.

This, as long as they tackle it with some subtlety, i.e. not the my parents are deeeeeeeeead route.

My personal pick would be her being a child of divorce and not dealing with it well, hence spending so much time with the CMC/Dash

more about Rarity's relationship with her parents is something I've been yearning for ever since I saw Sisterhooves Social :D

Well, that might not be emotional story material as much as tons of potential for hilarious antics. Personally I liked to see Rara's childhood on the island where her dad worked as a PI...

Edited by Silverwisp the Bard

Well, that might not be emotional story material as much as tons of potential for hilarious antics. Personally I liked to see Rara's childhood on the island where her dad worked as a PI...

As it may have tons of potential for just that, you can't deny it also has potential to be a bit emotional, which, is what I'd prefer to see; there's more to her character than just fashion and funny, over-dramatic moments. Hell, in my opinion, she's one of the most in-depth characters you'll find on television.

It has potential to go either way, but I, personally, would rather see it be a hilarious episode with an emotional turn at the end. Give it the best of both worlds, you know? :D

• Brohoof 2